Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 10:46

Plan: My Own :-)
Stats: 253/237.6/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking Pregnancy Support...Respecting the Miracle!

Hi Everyone! My name is Erin. I am 30 years old. I am happily married, with two young sons, and we are almost 9 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child. I have successfully lost quickly on Atkin's and Atkins 1972 but once I discovered I was pregnant I decided I needed to change things out of respect for my child.

I created this thread as a place for pregnant mom's to come and support, receive encouragement, ask for prayers, and have a safe place off the super strict LC forum. The common goal here being respect for our health and that of our growing pregnancies. We can choose to weigh in, choose to post food choices, or just have a place to visit and share how it's going. I think pregnancy is great but can be scary. I know I was actually sad and frustrated at first because I had finally started improving my weight and I had put it off for so long. I personally want to eat whole foods, vegetable and yogurt carbs for the most part and be an active pregnant momma!

I started my first pregnancy at 225 and after delivery I was 175 doing the same thing. My second son I was not too overweight because I had successful lost weight after my first son. But I still was at a danger point. I went from 175-155 at delivery. I didn't diet with either. I ate healthly, whole foods, and tried to not eat pastas, starches, or sugar. The very occassional indulgance was not cheating for me it was living. Anyways...life was rough for quite a few years and I had not learned to make consistent healthy choices. I packed on the pounds over the years.

This pregnancy was not planned but is glady welcomed as a miracle of God. I am determined to be focused on health and wholeness during this journey.

Please join me. And stop by my journal.

Erin :-)
Sponsored Links