Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-07, 21:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 416/379/200 Male 6'-1"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Three Months in a Power Dive

Guys,
I've been away for a while...pity parties are best enjoyed by oneself. I had a kidney stone in August which was promptly removed but the bad scare was a bladder tumor (removed in entirety, proved to be benign) which wouldn't have been found without the necessary intrusion thru the old flippie. But, I began to blame everything connected with healthy eating with my getting the stone and just gave up--I began to find I could eat a whole jar of Nutella and feel just fine. Piroulines, pralines, whatever I could munch on and satisfy my appetite was the order for the day.
I weighed myself today and I am almost back to where I was when I started. Those horror stories of regaining everything lost can come true, and very, very easily. I was down to 312 at the end of August (basically no appetite after the stone removal) but started the climb back up and have regained nearly 30 lbs since then.
I'm just trying to get back into the saddle and stick to it again...I don't feel particularly awful but I do get winded more easily, just like when I was even bigger. I think I'm ready to set my heart and mind back on correct living, but the old addictions are pretty strong. Complacency has been my key word for far too long.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-07, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.6/211.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

But you're back, and that's the important thing. You've come to know what worked for you and what WILL work for you. Don't tell yourself you're nearly back to where you were because you're not. You're closer to 50% back on than 100% and that's the important part.

Welcome back and have faith in yourself
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-07, 04:27

Plan: Keto-ish Low Carb
Stats: 420/407/240 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 7%

I also gained some of it back. Its hard man, but I am going to get back to it.