Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-09, 06:42
Registered Member

Plan: own
Stats: 184/141/132 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 83%

How's it going?

Down to 170.5 today!!! I'm excited.....getting close to my "mini-goal".
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-09, 04:44
Registered Member

BF:

Well.....didn't make my goal by August 3rd, but I did make it the next day. Down to 168 today!
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 04:29
Registered Member

BF:

Going down slow now....167 today. New "mini-goal" of under 160 by Thanksgiving!
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/153.9/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Everyone,

It's been great reading your posts and I am looking forward to joining you! Let me tell you a little about myself, and why I am here seeking encouragement.

Well I will start by saying that 2 years ago My son was killed in a tragic accident on his way home he was just 19. Afterwards even though I had a husband and one son left on earth, I just didn't want to live anymore and ate my way from the 125 pounds that I was to 174. I slipped into a deep depression, I was actually thinking that dying of a heart attack would allow me to live with my son in heaven anyway. I praise Jesus that he was saved, and I know I will see him again. It seems from scripture ezekiel 38-39, and Psalm 83 that the Rapture of the church may take place any time now.

So I'm a little over 2 years out, and I care again about life again, and living and I want to lose the weight I put on during the first 2 years of my grieving process. I need you guys to help me stay accountable. I love the daily weigh ins I know some people say don't weigh every day, but It helps me.

On a happy note, we are going on our first cruise with our son who lives with us and is now 19, (a whole other reason to worry since he's the same age as his brother was when he was killed) anyway, we are going as a family with his girlfriend and her family. I'm really looking forward to it, and want to drop a significant amount of weight before we leave October 30th. Just a couple months away!

So glad to be on board with you all, I hope to be an encouragement to you all as we journey this road together!

Ok Here goes!
Wednesday 153.9
Today Thursday 152.5
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 09:05
Registered Member

BF:

Hi and Welcome, RaptureRdy.

I am so sorry about the loss of your son. Even though you know where he is and that someday you will be with him again, the time away from our kids is horrible. My son is in the Army National Guard and was in Iraq for 15 months. I missed him so much and prayed for his safety daily!

Looks like you are on a good start to your weight loss goal. I too weigh daily but don't always post here daily. I will try to be more consistant about that so we can encourage one another.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 10:06
Registered Member

BF:

Jean Thank you, I try to keep my eyes and heart focused on the knowledge that the best is yet to come! This old world is not the best that God has for us, and I'm looking forward to His return. We have a boy in our church and a friend of my other son still here on earth who is ready to go to Afganistan in a few months. We pray for him and all the servicemen who are in the middle east right now. I can't imagine how you must feel having your son so far away and in harms way. It is dangerous world we live in, even coming home on a country road as my son learned as he died not 3 miles from home.

I hope you do start posting daily...it helps us all to stay accountable! ;-)

151.5 today, will I ever make it to the 140's? I've been stuck here for months!
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 05:52
Registered Member

BF:

Good morning! I see you are down some more today, that's great! You will get below that 150 mark soon!

I was down another 1/2 lb this morning. I was surprised as I didn't do very well yesterday.....had too many carbs, ugh!!!

Well, just wanted to jump on here before I needed to start getting ready for church.
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 12:12
Registered Member

BF:

I hope church went well Jean! We always go out to eat afterwards and today was no exception. But I noticed that IHOP has a diet menu on the back, and it tells the cals/carbs etc. so I was able to stay on track for the most part. I ordered the harvest grain n' nut pancakes and only at 2 of them with Smuckers sugar free syrum which is delicious! We will see if tomorrow shows me at a gain or a loss.

Came home today to find our 8month old chocolate lab has pulled out my newly planted bushes!!! ARGHHH!!! So I will try to work off some calories in the garden today.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-09, 08:28
Registered Member

BF:

151.7 Up .2 pounds

Jean you are doing great! I love it when I see daily changes! You are then 166.5 as of yesterday! Keep up the good momentum!

My son and his girlfriend broke up last night and I had an emotional reaction and ate some ff yogurt and some walnuts. I am just praying for God's will in my son's life, and for Him to bring a good conservative Christian girl into his life. But we booked a cruise with their family, so today will be a scurry to see if we can change those plans and get on a different ship!

Pray for us! ;-)
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 07:35
Registered Member

BF:

Yaaa! Just barely but made it into the 140's! Thank-You Jesus!
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 06:33
Registered Member

BF:

Yay!!! Woohoo!!! You made it!!!

I am down a little more today: 165.5 I am a BIG emotional eater too. Food was always a huge social thing in my family as well. My mom came from a large family (11 kids) and when we got together, we always ate. I've always done the same with my kids/in-laws. When they come over, we are suppose to eat.....even if it's just desert & coffee.

Did you get your cruise rescheduled? Kids!!! The thing is, they may have "broken up" today and tomorrow they will be back together. I don't know how many times we've changed our plans for similar situations.

Our daughter is single now and I keep praying that she will find a "good" man. She has dated some real losers! She just broke up with someone she had dated for a year. Seems like all the guys she dates just want to "party" all the time and they can't understand why she doesn't want that too. She is 30 with an 8 year old daughter!
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 06:11
Green for Life!

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 193/148/143 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Well I've been out of the loop for a long time...and have seriously fallen "off the wagon".

It's Spring and time to refocus and get back on track. I will update my stats tomorrow after I have weighed in and got my head back in the game.

But I know I need to lose about 30 lbs...one day at a time...staying on track will be difficult at best...but with the support I have had here in the past I am hoping I will find success again.
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 05:07
Green for Life!

BF:

Day 1: 168.8
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 05:32
Green for Life!

BF:

Day 2: 167.4
Down 1.4 lb

Rules for first week.....no caffeine, no alcohol.

I didn't do to bad following my rules for the first week....the no alcohol part will be easy as I'm not a big drinker (although I did have a sip of beer yesterday). The no caffeine will be more difficult but I opted for a de-caf coffee at the drive through and had a Sprite instead of a cola.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 04:44
Green for Life!

BF:

down 1.4