Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/143/115 Female 62 inches
BF:37%/33%/25%
Progress: 22%

Trying to get my girlfriend to try CO..."It has a lot of FAT in it..." I told her it was oil! She isn't even blonde!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:23

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreen
Trying to get my girlfriend to try CO..."It has a lot of FAT in it..." I told her it was oil! She isn't even blonde!

LOL

maybe they'll invent a low fat version

we won't worry about the fact that it is low fat fake/rubbish foods that made us fat in the 1st place

or that fat has been my saving grace and seen me move more pounds than ever before.......shhhhhhhhhh we'll keep that one secret
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:38

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default What Are Die Off Symptoms...

Yah know, I never attributed the skin breakouts to die off...have to rethink that...thought it meant it was getting worse... I hope you are right about that...that would make me feel better about the skin outbreaks...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Mon, Apr-10-06 at 20:44.
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 22:45

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm using coconut oil for cooking. I found a study done in Germany on rats and the comparison of lard, olive oil, fish oil and coconut oil showed the healthiest results were in the coconut oil fed lab rats. Olive is best used in salads, not cooking. Coconut oil is not damaged by heat.

I'm not having any of the die off, or hyper energy, or lethargy.

What saddens me is that having begun 2 mos ago I have absolutely no weight loss to show .

I may have to abandon Schwarzbein and start 'Banting'--i.e., meat and eggs and cheese, Atkins, Inuit--whatever label you choose.

Day's intake:

B-egg, cream cheese cooked in vco;1 slice of very low carb bread (5carbs), Irish butter; organic decaf w/ whipping cream

S-hard boiled egg, mayonnaise

L-beef cooked in vco

S-egg, little onion, 1 tomato cooked in vco

D-beef cooked in vco; cream, 1 sq bitter choc, saccharin
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 22:51

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

Great thread!

I bought some coconut oil the other day, and I had some today, in the afternoon, now it 12.49 am, and I still can not fall asleep. Also, I just realized that everyone commented how red my cheeks were today, and I felt very warm. This was probably about 15 minutes after I had it. Do you think it is normal?
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 23:03

BF:

Hi

Ducheese

It is normal because it is speeds up your metabolism. i don't take it after 5pm coz it can make me too hyper or restless at night. CCNO is great for low thyroid too.

santabarb......i think i have to agree with you....the atkins, inuit etc is the way to go. You still get to eat salads and vegies. you can even have bread if it's within your carb intake but for me protien and fats with veg works best.

this thread is getting crazy...who'd have thought!
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 07:18

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks SkinnyRay for the quick reply. It really was scary last night, I had some palpitation as well which I think is also related to coconut oil.
  #113   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 07:42

SANTABARB...I was talking to someone who had done Atkins for a long time, and according to her she had to really be conscientous of her calorie intake and drop it greatly before her weight loss picked up again... Unfortunately, there is a lot of calories in fat lol...and some of us just dont respond unless we watch that closer...
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 09:36

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Quote by Duchesse -
Also, I just realized that everyone commented how red my cheeks were today, and I felt very warm. This was probably about 15 minutes after I had it. Do you think it is normal?

Duchesse - I have read on this thread or the other one how several people got warm and/or their cheeks got red and they thought it was because their thyroid was getting a much needed boost.

Also, I cant take it after 3 or 4 pm because it keeps me awake as well.

Good luck!!
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 10:02

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
SANTABARB...I was talking to someone who had done Atkins for a long time, and according to her she had to really be conscientous of her calorie intake and drop it greatly before her weight loss picked up again... Unfortunately, there is a lot of calories in fat lol...and some of us just dont respond unless we watch that closer...

You're probably describing me.

What's confusing is all the gurus who say that on low carb way of eating the calories don't matter.

But,as you imply, if you're counting calories, virgin coconut oil is not your friend!

To count carbs or to count calories, that is the question!
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 11:56
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/fat-not-protein.html

I found this article interesting, on the whole calories, carbs, question. I'm still struggling with that one myself...
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 20:00

SANTABARB...I was actually talking about someone on that Protein Sparing Modified Fast...They restrict their calories and then do a refeed to reset their hormones... It's an interesting thread... Personally, I have to restrict or otherwise my weight doesn't change... I'm finding that out as we speak...

Also, I think that coconut oil just added to the many calories that i was consuminng at the time...since I've cut back I started losing again.... I think Skinnyray was right, I need to gradually add the coconut oil back in...
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 23:07

BF:

another interesting link i found which has lots of articles on the low/fat v high/fat saga.

all i know is when i upped the fat i lost fat. (this and lowering the carbs of course)
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/218/160 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 22%

If someone starts taking CCO, and they experience the yeast die off reaction, does that stall weight loss?
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 12:22

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Original quote by droyle150-
If someone starts taking CCO, and they experience the yeast die off reaction, does that stall weight loss?

droyle - I experienced the die-off for 2 months and still lost weight, so it didnt stall mine.