Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-12, 13:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
To me, failure is when you fall down and you do not get up, those that get up again are always successful....

This it true.. but the time we take to get ourselves up is significant.. Do we leap, or are we dragged, lol.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins so far
Stats: 398/358/200 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

[QUOTE=Wezi] Never let your fat hear you complaining...sshhhh.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 11:11
Registered Member

BF:
Angry Get on up now ya hear!

It might take me a while to hike up this body, but believe you me, I'll get up because I'm a stubborn Irishwoman!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 11:27
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Check out the triple digit club and the success stories. Lots of inspiration and encouragement to be gained from both spots.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 11:02
Registered Member

BF:
Default OMG I Threw out CHIPS

Started my 4th week on lo carb Monday and had a party this weekend for my 1 year old granddaughter, and made a HUGE veggie tray along with meat and cheese trays for 30 people, 5 of us on low carb. I do a lot of entertaining, so also bought potato chips and crackers, juice boxes and blueberry lemon Birthday cake, beer and Vodka. I stuffed the high chair with fresh lilacs and had a few nuts and a martini waiting for my guests. Well, let me tell you, hardly anyone touched the chips ( my favorite is lays plain) or crackers, so this morning, I took the huge bowl and just THREW THEM OUT! OMG....I made blue cheese dressing from Atkins recipe for dipping, was yummy for sure, especially since my 3 sisters and 2 brothers are on low carb too, yup, doing it all together...and getting meat and cheese platters is going to be my new thing, all ready to go for work lunches and snacking and salads and cheese chips and salami chips.....I so proud of me. Did you hear me "I THREW OUT LAYS PLAIN POTATO CHIPS".....

Last edited by Wezi : Tue, Apr-24-12 at 11:33.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 11:26

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

A big for how you dealt with this. I see no reason why we can't party and stay low carb
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 11:54
Registered Member

BF:

I also have a little confession to make, I changed my weight stats by 100 lbs. because I'm fearing a lot of people I know may be led to this wonderful site and see my truth, it's ok though, I'll know the facts + 100 and will go to the low carb confessional soon.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 13:10

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I understand...I think about my numbers and then just accept..it's where I am, and no one who sees me, thinks I look like (if they knew me then) I did over 200 lbs. ago.

Whatever you need to do this - being able to post here, is, imho, a key tool.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 18:47

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

"I have personally known 27 deaths including 3 major complications"
OMG!!! This, surely, is a sign to you. And there are so many success stories here of people who have lost 100+ lbs and kept it off. I love poking around in journals. It is very inspiring to me and keeps me going. I love the support here - it is key in helping me thru my umpteenth redo on my diet of choice which has been LC. I read Atkins years ago which really got me thinking, started with CAD - had some success but life got the better of me - and now I love my plan. A lot of Atkins advice is also very inspiring even though I am not on that.
Kat
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 15:38
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Did you hear me "I THREW OUT LAYS PLAIN POTATO CHIPS".....

***GASP!!!***

Good for you! You're doing it! Glad you have the sibling support, too.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-12, 10:43

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

"getting meat and cheese platters is going to be my new thing, all ready to go for work lunches and snacking and salads and cheese chips and salami chips.....I so proud of me. Did you hear me "I THREW OUT LAYS PLAIN POTATO CHIPS"
Good girl!!!! Socializing is a huge issue for me - my weak point. That is excellent and you are doing so well. Potato chips and dip was my binge food of choice - now I just do pork rinds and sour cream if I want comfort LC junk food. And I miss drinks although I make faux drinks now which are pretty good.
Love your avatar
Kat
  #27   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 12:14
Registered Member

BF:

I wish I could enjoy pork rinds, maybe with sour cream...I like the cheddar cheese microwave tastes like cheezits crackers though! I'm thinking folding them slightly and adding room temp (so does not melt)taco fixings...cheese taco shell, crunchy...
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 12:57

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 185/185/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Kids, this is my third? serious go at low carb. I did it twice successfully, then several times without any luck or discipline...{sigh} i really have no excuses anymore. No kids at home, flexible work schedule, gym membership...easiest way to punish myself is by overeating. *that's* the habit i need to kick. The first two times i lost over 30 lbs and felt great! Then i think i'm "done" and add in ALL the carbs again. Duh. So anyway. Let's have at it.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 13:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/195/130 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hello there Holding yourself accountable is your greatest ally. It's easy to fool youself. I do it many times. It's helpful to find a friend who is supportive as well. Someone who will be your boot camp advocate, but a friend when you need it most. It's hard to find, but there is atleast ONE person! Good luck on your WL journey. We are all here for the same reason! Stay strong!