Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-12, 22:39

Plan: LC Maintain
Stats: 220/127.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:20.6
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrygirl
Do any of you participate in winter sports? I was thinking that cross country skiing or snowshoeing might be good alternatives to outdoor long runs. I don't really know!

Happy running!

My winter sport is more running. I've been investing in cold weather gear so I can run as long as the temperature is over 0 degrees. So far the winter has been mild. It was almost 70 degrees here today and I live in Nebraska, so that is strange.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-12, 10:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/182/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%

I have only run once outside in December. I sure wish I could do more outside, but we had a huge snowstorm last week and the sidewalks are not plowed and the roads are still no good. Plus we had freezing rain last night. I've been dealing with the treadmill, but sure would rather be outside! My next race is another 5k on New Years Day. I'm excited, but don't feel very prepared. I'm sure I'll be fine, but I've been training up to a 10k, so a lot of my runs are been start/stop/start/stop. Good distances and total times, but I'm not used to walking in between. lol
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 23:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

How was your race, Jessica?

Did everyone enjoy the holidays?

I ran a few times while I was in the US, but I definitely have a lot of work to do before the running season starts here.
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-13, 22:38

Plan: South beach
Stats: 211/190/176 Male 181cm
BF:
Progress:

I wish this thread were active. It'd have been one I'd have liked to participate.
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-13, 23:09
Registered Member

Plan: Just Low Carb ~20
Stats: 120/102/100 Female 5 ft 2
BF:
Progress:

Same here . I'm actually in my school's cross country team and I find that I can actually run better in ketosis.
  #111   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 08:53

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I haven't run in a couple of years, I was getting pretty good then my grandson came to stay and I had to store my treadmill. So starting today I am going to start a running program. If I can get even 30 mins a day at least 4 days a week I think it will be a great start. I know I will have to walk/run for a couple of weeks but that didn't last all that long last time. Wish me luck Well I reread my (No Need For Speed) book. I realized i don't have to start out fast, just to start. So anyone who saw me thought i had lost my mind zipping up and down the driveway. I need to get my treadmill out of storage.

Last edited by jmh6251 : Mon, May-19-14 at 15:59.