Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-12, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/188/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks, It's taken a long time and had a baby in between so gained and had to re-lose some of the weight a second time.

Sorry, yes AF is aunt flo.. my cycle / period.

Am back in the gym the last two days and loving it! Did deadlfts last night.

Lovely low carb lunch today.. fish, sliced tomato, broccoli with mozzarella sliced over the top and cooked in the oven for 10 mins.. (fish and broccoli part cooked before going in). Scrummy! lol

Funny how we crave things sometimes isn't it!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-12, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 198/136/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 107%

ahhhh .... the dreaded Aunt Flo I'm pre menopause and she comes to visit me about every 2 weeks and always overstays her visit. Since I started eating like this though, I never gain any weight when she's comes, whereas before, easily up 4 - 6 lbs each visit (water weight).

Good for you for lifting weights! I'm a weakling, and am just starting resistance bands to try and help get stronger. Have you been lifting a long time? Does it add weight on you?

Yes, cravings are so weird - sometimes I crave for things I don't even particularly care for, bacon being one of them - sheesh!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-12, 03:39
Registered Member

BF:

Oh gosh I hope my cycle doesn't change that much when it's my turn. I'm 40 now so would welcome it, for the hope of losing my PMDD when it goes.

Well done with resistance bands, I used 30 Day shred and P90X in the beginning, there are great body weight exercises if you google them too. You tube is a mine of information.

I have been riding horses for 8 years now, but lifted weights in my teens and 20's so this is a natural change back for me. The myth you need to get over is that muscle weight more than fat.. it doesn't 5lb is 5lb.. but the fact is 5lb of muscle is leaner and smoother than fat.. so takes up less space and smoother in look. Also as females we won't bulk up.. unless we took steroids to increase testosterone, which is why you get some women looking like muscle bound men. Don't fear it.. you won't become it! lol

Now.. having said that.. don't go down the steroid route! lol there are people who take them for losing weight, gaining muscle, etc etc.. to me it's natural all the way. I'm not in this to look the best, I'm in it to feel good and be stronger / fitter. and losing fat is all based on what I eat.

Hope you can see where I'm coming from.. diet is everything for fat loss same as any diet or fitness plan.

I would suggest adding strength training and see how you enjoy it, you'll soon get stronger, everyone has muscles, and toned bodies are based on them. A lot of what we admire in people is actually based on weight training / strength training.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-12, 11:50
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 198/136/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 107%
Unhappy

I'm 40 now so would welcome it Be careful what you wish for. I'm 47 and have been going through this for the last 5 years http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/icons/icon9.gif The doctors assure me it should stop anytime now - uh huh

Anyway, how often should I be using the resistance bands? Everyday, every second day?

Steroids <-- Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with steroids (health issues), and I know how bad they are for you and how much damage they do to the organs, so there is no way in hell I'd touch 'em!

I think horses are beautiful! I wish I grew up with horses - I've only been on a horse a few times. I keep thinking when I retire I want to live in the country and have a hobby farm - maybe a couple of horses, ducks, hens, goats and lots of dogs and cats!
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-12, 03:19
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_LC
I'm 40 now so would welcome it Be careful what you wish for. I'm 47 and have been going through this for the last 5 years http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/icons/icon9.gif The doctors assure me it should stop anytime now - uh huh

Anyway, how often should I be using the resistance bands? Everyday, every second day?

Steroids <-- Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with steroids (health issues), and I know how bad they are for you and how much damage they do to the organs, so there is no way in hell I'd touch 'em!

I think horses are beautiful! I wish I grew up with horses - I've only been on a horse a few times. I keep thinking when I retire I want to live in the country and have a hobby farm - maybe a couple of horses, ducks, hens, goats and lots of dogs and cats!

You shouldn't work the same muscle group two days in a row. I know with resistance that is not so important but a good habit to form. Also if you are aching from DOMS then don't work that muscles. If it's cardio based though they seem to over rule that one. lol

I didn't grow up with horses, only started riding 8 years ago. I grew up in London and rode twice on holidays as a teen. lol

Yeah I've seen the downside to steroids from my mums health (she died 12 years ago now).