Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-09, 11:36

Plan: adkins
Stats: 217/148/160 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 121%
Default leg pain

been running on treadmill for about seven months now.. walk 5 min run 40 min about5.6-6.6 mph then walk cool down another 5 min..usually 5 days per week..for the last month my legs have reallly hurt, thighs mainly i live on motrin. no problem until the last month or so..any suggestions or recommendations..wondering about electrolytes..i eat a very low carb diet so avoid sugary drinks..thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-09, 01:33

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 906%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeb420
been running on treadmill for about seven months now.. walk 5 min run 40 min about5.6-6.6 mph then walk cool down another 5 min..usually 5 days per week..for the last month my legs have reallly hurt, thighs mainly i live on motrin. no problem until the last month or so..any suggestions or recommendations..wondering about electrolytes..i eat a very low carb diet so avoid sugary drinks..thanks

IMHO, ditch the cardio and start lifting weights.

I use to run for miles and miles, my knees started killing me not to mention my lower back because I dreaded lifting until I met Built.

^^She turned me on to lifting short and heavy and I never looked back and I have results now and actual muscles!

I started by lifting 3 days a week or every other day. First with the full body workout I did that for about 4-5 months and then switched to a 4-day split called Baby Got Back!. For me, cardio is optional, I just hate it! I have started adding it back to my routine because I wanted to because it's cold here in California now so I just need the additional activity and I was bored! Otherwise my cardio came from playing with my kids, work, housework, and other busy stuff. I am rarely sedentary.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-09, 19:15

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Running on a treadmill forces you to use the same movements in exactly the same way over and over again which can be very debilitating over time. Have you tried running outside at all to give your legs a break? Do you ever increase you pace or decrease your pace? I run and I would not do it for months on end every day, and I also avoid the treadmill. You might have a problem in your knees or maybe in your hips? Are you running competitively? If you are training for a race, I can see putting p with a little pain, but if this is just exercise for exercise's sake, get off the machine and do something else.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-09, 21:11
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 261/251/210 Male 72 in
BF:
Progress:

Are you on any meds?