Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 16:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/163/143 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default What Works - Works

When I was your age, everything worked. Low fat, high fat, no fat, high carbs, no carbs. In my 30's and 40's I was in top condition. I weight trained in a men's gym when It was not in fashion to do so. I learned to box in the late 90's and loved it. The problem is I cannot eat sugar, even some no calorie sweetners don't help. And I must keep my carbs very low. Now I am in my mid 50's, still strong as ever, but it's a battle to keep off the extra 15-20 pounds. After I retired in 2000, I became a full time homemaker, remodeling our house, home schooling my teenage son and I still have an 11 year old at home. I am a major landscaper and I work very hard. I walk miles a day and I use a threadmill. I have to stay on an extremely low carb diet, with plenty of water and my supplements and in the past two weeks I have lost over 10 pounds. I have 20 more to go. Two days ago, I tested a new low carb soup but it had a very small amount of sugar in it and I gained almost 2 pounds overnight! It's unbelievable. I am not diabetic and I am quite healthly according to my latest examine. It's just the darn sugar and everything white and not white that's starch. It does my body no good! So enjoy being able to do what you do. It may change radically as you age. Oh, I'm a woman and I have 4 boys and 2 grandchildren. Rock On.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 16:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/163/143 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default Oh, one more thing

When you compare a female on a low carb diet and a female on a low fat diet, the difference in their faces, is unbelievable. My next door neighbor has always been on a low fat diet. She is just in her 40's and I am almost 55. She looks like a skelton in the face and my face eventhough older, looks healthier. Sorry but I noticed the extreme difference when Suzanne Sommers was on a show a few years ago and they were comparing her with a famous woman athlete on a low fat diet. The difference in their faces was obvious.