Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-16, 14:25

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Missed the Summer Solstice but walked out to the stone circle, and a little beyond.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-16, 09:14

BF:

Today was too perfect to stay close to home but I didn't want a long drive either, so I parked in the car park at Aira Force and caught the bus to Pooley Bridge. It was running late, so I just made it.

After loading up on fluids by having a large Americano (note to self, next time get standard size, a pint is a little too much of a good thing) and set off along the Ullswater Way.

The first 3 miles were pastures new to me and had scarcely been walked yet, the faintest of paths through the meadow. The last stretch took me along my favourite path on the side of Gowbarrow. Scenery splendid throughout.
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-16, 09:30
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Sounds lovely.
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 14:53

BF:

Oh rats, after my walk yesterday I got out of the car and immediately felt the pain of a pulled muscle - a rather big one on the right side of my lower back that goes down towards my leg.

Standing or sitting or lying down are OK but the transitions are excruciating! Sitting about was no good as the longer I sat the stiffer I felt when I got up, so I did get my steps by doing a lot of short bursts of walking around my yard and up and down the street, usually with trekking poles (which I should have used yesterday).

I hope my visit to the land of those with chronic lower back pain does not go on for too long.
  #110   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 11:14

BF:

A little better today apart from the shriek moments. Did some walking on a shop in town and twice round the village. Walking a bit easier but still with stiff gait and shorter stride.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-16, 11:09

BF:

A little better again. Did a village circuit as a warm up and then I. and I did a 3 mile flat walk through fields and woods. I took trekking poles in case but did not use them. Walking is so much more comfortable than driving the car or turning over in bed!
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-16, 12:27

BF:

Every day brings some improvements, though I seem to undo much of the good work by trying to toss and turn in my sleep. Putting socks and shoes on, and driving, are not much fun.

Walk-wise I covered over 5.5 miles, in Walking boots, doing a recce of a variation of a popular walk from the stone circle. Looking for a version that is guaranteed cow-free for I. and her walking group.
  #113   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 07:45

BF:

Ah, if only I were the sort of person who could drop off for an hour or three Sat in a chair. Going to bed at night is putting me back to square one in the mornings in terms of improving mobility with this damaged muscle ....

Anyway, I walked round the Village as a warm up, then I. and I did another modified, cow-free walk. Of limited use to her because they are closing the track up through the woods for 6 months from 01/07/16 in order for a lot of tree felling to be done.
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 08:15
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I hope your sore back gets better, soon. I've had the same issue in recent days. I don't think my new sit-up regiment is agreeable to my lower back. I did some tossing and turning in bed this weekend trying to find a pain free position to sleep in. I had back issues for 20+ years and the walking & weight loss seemed to take care of it. However, the problem did get worse before it got better - so I'm hoping that my body will adjust to the new exercises in much the same way. I do need to strengthen my core muscles.

Again - get well soon. Pain, pain - go away.
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 09:31

BF:

Hi Ken, good wishes for your return to pain-free too. I am fairly sure this episode was triggered by an attempt at doing some squats. As a mature female I know I should do some weight training to stave off osteoporosis, but I never get the boundary between so easy it is not doing any good and so hard it causes injury right.
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 14:12

BF:

I did two things last night which have made all the difference; firstly I heaped up cushions and pillows on my bed so my head and shoulders were much higher than usual and secondly I asked DH to find the back support he used some years back and wore it to bed. When I woke up I was still on my back and knew immediately that I had not wrenched my back while asleep. Kept the support on all day and plan to wear it in bed six more nights and cut down on the number of hours I keep it on while up and about.

The weather tanked and I went out three times to circuit the Village in various levels of rain.
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 13:44

BF:

Went into town to buy a few things. Walked up to the supermarket where I can get free coffee, then decided to cross the railway line and go out to the little nature reserve. Walked round that and then through town calling into a few places.
  #118   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 09:26

BF:

A warm up circuit of the village at 8.30. Then drove to a nearby town with B. to look at a flat she is interested in. Bijou but with character. I wish her luck with her application. After a coffee we went for a stroll by the River and along to a lovely hamlet. Back on a different riverside path.
  #119   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 14:47

BF:

A purposeful trip to the shops this morning barely got me 3000. Two plods round the village this afternoon in wind and rain.
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 01:28

BF:
Default 03/07/2016

Too shattered last night to post this.

Officially a 12 mile walk with 2000' of ascent and graded Strenuous. At the end several of the group were staring at their GPS devices and muttering. The consensus was approx 13.5 miles and 2500', accomplished in not much over 6 hours. The terrain near the end was hard work; a mile or two of rough pasture, no visible trod at all and so easy for a foot to go down an unseen hole. The easier going was at the beginning.

I chose this over the easier walk as it was a rare opportunity to walk over land usually closed for military training.