Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Two weeks induction, 13 lbs. :)

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 00:21
Registered Member

Plan: General LC
Stats: 235/218/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

awesome!!!!

ive lost 6 pounds so far after 10 days on induction. i plan to stay on it longer than usual though because i want to be at a god place before i slow down at all. keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/189/185
BF:26%/20%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hey, congrats! It sure is nice to find something that works after all this time. Best of luck to you.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 08:44

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

That is a terrific loss. Great job!
I have been eating this way for about 2 years.........periods here and there where I totally went off it.........but the time I spent seriously following the plan was a little more than a year. When I have been on it I have always kept to induction levels, and occasionally under 30 grams for a little variety~
You are doing wonderfully~
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 09:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%
Default Hey Phil

Rock on Phil!!! Pretty amazing what LC plus all that exercise can do for you. I got your message in my journal-thanks. I was going to send you a private message but it was blocked. I have joined the gym and I have contacted the capatin of the corperate track team at my wifes company. I am setting up as much support as I can. I even sent an e mail to my college distance coach...though he would probably laugh out loud to see me now at 220lbs. I have been checking all the race-related web sites and my heart pumps a little quicker when I think about it. I have been putting some miles in on the treadmill which I really hate to do but it is too cold to be outside yet. -25 with the wind today. The treadmill bothers my shins...some of that is also the weight I am putting on them but I will recover.

Keep in touch. I was glad to hear that you found a marathon to train for. I have found a potental marathon for myself in the fall. It will depend on where my weight is come June or July so I have time to properly train for it. I will not rush it though. I am commited to keeping myself healthy so if it is ment to be this fall great if not I look further out.

Keep up the great work!!

Wish I was out biking...
I'd need chains or studded tires