Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1426   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 11:52

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction/zc
Stats: 185/170.5/135 Female 67
BF:32
Progress: 29%

HAPPY MONDAY WARRIORS!

It's the last day of my four day weekend and I am loving it! It is snowing out, but that's ok. Reading, watching good movies, taking it easy.

Zen and the Art of Happiness. That's the book for the day!! A bit different that what I'm used to reading, but i do try to keep an open mind.

Here's hoping you all have a most wonderful week!!

Cat

Last edited by Cat60 : Mon, Mar-13-17 at 18:52.
Sponsored Links
  #1427   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 03:30

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

More snow but this is the last of
It get through today and it is all good!

Karen, how are you feeling?

Jo, my boys are magnum and colt! We have running trails and a golf course in the subdivision! I luv taking those long walks so out I
Go any chance I get!

Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1428   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 04:30
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!!!

Keep Fighting the Good HARD Fight, Warriors, b/c we are soooo WORTH IT!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"SUCCESS is the sum of SMALL EFFORTS repeated day in & day out!"
unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Cathy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat60
It's the last day of my four day weekend and I am loving it! It is snowing out, but that's ok. Reading, watching good movies, taking it easy.
Lovely way to spend your last day of your 4 day w/e! You deserve it!
Quote:
Zen and the Art of Happiness. That's the book for the day!! A bit different that what I'm used to reading, but i do try to keep an open mind.
You'll have to share all the interesting stuff you learn!
Quote:
Here's hoping you all have a most wonderful week!!
Thanks, girlie and you too!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
More snow but this is the last of it get through today and it is all good!
Wow more snow for you... hope you're right about it being the last of it!

Safe travels when you're out & about, my friend!

Come on SPRING!!!
Quote:
Jo, my boys are magnum and colt! We have running trails and a golf course in the subdivision! I luv taking those long walks so out I go any chance I get!
awww those boys! Hey, I thought Colt was your grandpup? Doesn't he belong to your DS???
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
You too, Berni! Thanks!
  #1429   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 03:04

BF:

Hello warriors!

De... how is everything. Have you had a lipid profile recently? I have mine next week. 3 months on the statins, upping leafy greens and cutting saturated fat we see if things changed.

Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1430   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 04:40

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL

sorry MIA but wow I got nailed with the sick! Worse I have been in years. It floored me but on the mend slowly here. The icy chills and freezing to the bone took me down fast ----just the sickest I been in such a long time I forgot what it was like LOL

slowly coming around. just exhausted. all good. will chat more later. just exhausted at this point and eyeballs actually hurt still

take care all!!!
  #1431   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 04:50

BF:

Hello Karen,

So good to see your post! I was worried you would end up with pneumonia! Awful bug going around ! Feel better my friend!🤒
  #1432   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 07:16

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning Warriors...

Happy Hump Day All...

Wow Karen...sorry to hear about you being so sick. I hope you are taking in some chicken broth since you probably aren't eating much. Get better soon ! Get plenty of rest.

Hi Bernie...check out my journal, I posted my labs there. They are much improved.

Hi Jo...thanks for responding in my journal

I seemed to be hooked on salads lately. Definitely a favorite of mine. I like them with sliced grilled chicken breasts, a chopped egg , sliced radish, and a couple of olives. My homemade oil & vinegar dressing.

I am lunching with a friend today that I haven't seen in awhile. Guess I will be having a salad and water. That's about all I eat when going out. I don't do caffeine anymore as there's not a selection of SF and caffeine free anything I can order, just water or decaf coffee.

I took care of my sick grandson on Monday because he couldn't go to school and was running a fever. He's better now. After a couple hours he was feeling better and running around and playing as usual. He can be the sweetest kid at times & since he learned to write I am getting all kinds of love notes!

Take care & Warrior on...
  #1433   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 19:41

Happy Hump Day!!! How's everyone doing?? Loving my ZC results, down a couple more lbs and broke my 160 barrier!!! YEAH! Got to update stats, but sure am sticking to the ZC FOR NOW.

HOPE everyone is on track and doing well.
Karen - glad you are getting better!!
Jo - you are always our glue! Never change you!!

Hi To all and have a great week!!!

Cat
  #1434   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-17, 03:06

BF:

Hello warriors,

Cat... congrats on more pounds gone forever!

De... what an outstanding job you have done turning around your cholesterol and health! Well done! Your salad sounded delish in your journal!

Karen.... hope you are continuing to get better!

Jo.... agree with cat you are our glue! Luv your posts and words of wisdom!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1435   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-17, 04:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 16 March 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing all of you a totally TERRIFIC Thursday in every way possible!

This site was über slow yesterday loading pages so I didn't stay on long... I HATE when that happens...

"MOTIVATION is what gets you STARTED ~ HABIT is what keeps you GOING!"
unknown

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
3 months on the statins, upping leafy greens and cutting saturated fat we see if things changed.
I hope you'll share your results with us!
Quote:
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks, I hope you get a chance to take care of YOU too!
Quote:
Jo.... agree with cat you are our glue! Luv your posts and words of wisdom!
Awwww thanks for that and for your continued support and encouragement!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
sorry MIA but wow I got nailed with the sick! Worse I have been in years. It floored me but on the mend slowly here. The icy chills and freezing to the bone took me down fast ----just the sickest I been in such a long time I forgot what it was like LOL

slowly coming around. just exhausted. all good. will chat more later. just exhausted at this point and eyeballs actually hurt still

take care all!!!
Wow you really did go down for the count with this CRUD! Hope you and your fam are doing way better today, Karen!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Jo...thanks for responding in my journal
Always my pleasure writing in your journal, girlie!
Quote:
I seemed to be hooked on salads lately. Definitely a favorite of mine. I like them with sliced grilled chicken breasts, a chopped egg , sliced radish, and a couple of olives. My homemade oil & vinegar dressing.
YUM for sure! I my leafy green salads too!
Quote:
I am lunching with a friend today that I haven't seen in awhile. Guess I will be having a salad and water. That's about all I eat when going out. I don't do caffeine anymore as there's not a selection of SF and caffeine free anything I can order, just water or decaf coffee.
I know you had a nice lunch with your friend! WTG with the salad! That's what keeps YOU a Warrior Member of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!

Hey did you give up caffeine b/c of your heart condition?
Quote:
I took care of my sick grandson on Monday because he couldn't go to school and was running a fever. He's better now. After a couple hours he was feeling better and running around and playing as usual. He can be the sweetest kid at times & since he learned to write I am getting all kinds of love notes!
Sorry to hear you GS was sick too! How nice that he's writing love notes to his GM! That is soooo awesome!

Cathy:
Quote:
Loving my ZC results, down a couple more lbs and broke my 160 barrier!!! YEAH! Got to update stats, but sure am sticking to the ZC FOR NOW.
HUGE CONGRATS on your continued progress, Cathy! Woot! Woot!

Keep doing what you're doing b/c it's obviously WORKING for YOU!
Quote:
HOPE everyone is on track and doing well.
Imma doing super duper terrific!
Quote:
Jo - you are always our glue! Never change you!!
Awww shucks, thanks... Change??? Me??? NEVER!
  #1436   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-17, 08:22

BF:

Happy Thursday All...

Bernie, I am looking forward to seeing your labs and I hope you are as happy with them as I am with mine.

I decided to give up caffeine not because I had to, but because I wanted to for my health in general. I was consuming more than the average amount of caffeine, so I decided I would eliminate it completely. I feel great. It's just something I don't need in my body. I think I sleep better at night without all that caffeine during the day too.

I plan on doing some sorting and cleaning today unless I get lazy

We are having perfect weather right now so I am trying to enjoy it while I can. A walk to the park with the dogs would be nice
  #1437   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-17, 10:29

Bernie - good luck with the labs! You lost 100 lbs and that is so awesome!! Were you always Atkins 72 when losing? Or did you start out just LC?

Delanie - go get that walk in and enjoy the nice weather!! Ours is going to warm up a BIT but not much, so my walk will be inside for sure.

JO - I sure wish I was in AZ right now. I am tired of winter!!! I just keep thinking how much nicer it will be in shorts this summer with some of this weight off me!!

--------------------------------
Hi All!! Off on vacation next week and SO excited to be going somewhere. Even if it won't be WARM! I know my choice would have been anywhere that had tropical weather, but off to the mountains I go. Who gets married in the mountains in the winter anyway???

My dress came and it fits like a dream! Even a bit loose, which is great! Now I have to plan to stay on plan and figure out how I do that when I have no idea what the wedding will serve. So do I eat in my room first and just pretend to eat when I am served? What does one do when they are in a resort, no way to pack my own food and no way to store food? HELP?

Cat
  #1438   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-17, 11:12

BF:

Cat...congrats on your weight losses....you are doing great!

As for the eating on your trip. Is there anyway you can find out ahead of time what they are serving that might be on plan? Eating ahead is a good idea. Is it a sit down dinner or can you walk around mingling? You can always claim to not be hungry and you'll eat something later.
  #1439   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 05:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 17 March 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!!!

I hope that everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Hope all the MIA (Charms, Larry & Beth) Warriors are doing well! Sure do miss you guys!

Two more weeks of teaching then Spring Break! Woot! Woot!

We're mentally exhausted and the break can't get here soon enough...

"Do NOT reward yourself with FOOD, you are NOT a DOG!"
unknown

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I decided to give up caffeine not because I had to, but because I wanted to for my health in general. I was consuming more than the average amount of caffeine, so I decided I would eliminate it completely. I feel great. It's just something I don't need in my body. I think I sleep better at night without all that caffeine during the day too.
Good for you for doing one more thing to improve your overall good health!

I gave up caffeine years ago for Lent. Was caffeine-free for over 10 years but then I picked up the habit again ~ I have no clue why!

I remember the horrible caffeine headaches that lasted for like 3-4 days when I first gave it up... But I don't drink a lot of caffeine now. I have 2 cups of coffee first thing in the am and that's it... I drink water during the day. Sometimes I'll have a cup or two of caffeine-free herbal tea (when it's really cold) or "wally world" brand crystal light lemonade. I've pretty much given up dt. sodas, for no particular reason...
Quote:
I plan on doing some sorting and cleaning today unless I get lazy
at lazy!
Quote:
We are having perfect weather right now so I am trying to enjoy it while I can. A walk to the park with the dogs would be nice
Hope you got a chance to take the furbabies to the park! I know what you mean by nice weather...it's been super duper terrific here as well! Temps hovering in the low 80s!

Cathy:
Quote:
JO - I sure wish I was in AZ right now. I am tired of winter!!! I just keep thinking how much nicer it will be in shorts this summer with some of this weight off me!!
Oh yeah, AZ is wonderful but so is NM right now... so Imma counting my blessings for sure!
Quote:
Off on vacation next week and SO excited to be going somewhere. Even if it won't be WARM! I know my choice would have been anywhere that had tropical weather, but off to the mountains I go. Who gets married in the mountains in the winter anyway???
at "who gets married in the mountains in the winter".... Oh my...
Quote:
My dress came and it fits like a dream! Even a bit loose, which is great!
HUGE Congrats on your NSV with the dress for the wedding! Woot! Woot! That's awesome!
Quote:
Now I have to plan to stay on plan and figure out how I do that when I have no idea what the wedding will serve. So do I eat in my room first and just pretend to eat when I am served? What does one do when they are in a resort, no way to pack my own food and no way to store food? HELP?
Are you flying or driving to the wedding?? B/c if you're driving, pack tins of tuna, bags of pork rinds, etc.

Will there be a friggie in the rooms you are staying? B/c you could always take boiled eggs, bacon, cheese, etc for your food. If you're not in the "middle of nowhere" you could always do a food run to a local market...

Depending on the time of day of the wedding & reception, you may decide to eat before or after... IMHO, I wouldn't eat anything that was questionable "carb-wise" at the wedding, but that's me and Imma pretty paranoid about what I eat...

Why must we "pretend" to eat at events?

We're adults, we have to make the best choices for our good health.

If we were vegans or highly allergic to many foods, would we still "pretend" to eat? If we were recovering alcoholics, would we pretend to drink? I don't think so.

And like Dr. A says in A '72 pg 41:
Quote:
If you are "allergic" to carbohydrates....This doesn't mean that you are seriously ill. It simply means that your body overreacts to carbohydrates just as another person's may overreact to seafood. You don't break out in a rash, you break out in rolls of FAT...
De made an excellent point about trying to find out ahead of time what will be served at the wedding...
  #1440   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 05:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI GUYS
another day or 2 and I can join the living again

I must say I got nailed hard on this one. I must have gotten some 'real bug' LOL

now I am SO far behind in house chores etc it is stupid. I actually had to stop life for about 5-6 days. I could not function hardly....but today woke up so much better. still weird but on the mend for sure

will be chatting away sooner now but I have to go do some work and try to catch up with my life as usual as we all have to do after being sick

take care all, on plan and doing fine. worse thing is appetite is back HA HA
Closed Thread