Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 10:54

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Starting Over; Not Quite Newbies

Well, this is a thread for those who have recently started over or are gearing up to do so. Let's talk. Pour your little hearts out and let's get this party started!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 11:01

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Thanks for getting this group started.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 11:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova
Well, this is a thread for those who have recently started over or are gearing up to do so. Let's talk. Pour your little hearts out and let's get this party started!

Thanks again for starting this little group. I'm sure that if some of us stick together we'll be able to get through and do this once and for all. I know that this is it for me. I may yell, cry, laugh or lay in fatal position on the floor but I'm not going to quit. lmao

The last time I was in ''shape'' was in early the early 90's! In high school I wasn't ''aloud'' to play sports since the coach always said I was too big and tall for the other kids. Thus making me hate exercising, spent many years sitting on the benches watching the others.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 11:14

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks for the invite. I'm hoping to turn to the computer for support and not the refrigerator. I'm so tired of the scale dictating my mood. As I mentioned in my other post, I've always had this little devil sitting on my shoulder talking to me telling me how fat I am, how out of control. I kept him away for over a year and I don't want him back. Well he's sitting pretty back on my shoulder right now.

I've been on LC for 1 week and I've gained weight. UGGG! How are you doing so far?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 12:07

BF:

IFnewstart, LC Justin, kelleygirl, thanks for wanting to even participate in a group. I know I am ready in some ways. I'm trying to get to the place where I can start and not cheat. kelleygirl, I have not started at all. I'm having problems even getting on the scale. Congrats on the weightloss and the weight gain is just temporary. A lot of people stall in the first weeks. Then they are happy to see the whooshie fairy come and whisk it all off and then some. The idea is to not get discouraged. I heard this great quote: "If you don't give up when you stop, it's just a pause!" Love that! So, get back on the wagon and try to figure out what is triggering the stall/gain. Too much cheese? Is it water gain? Too many veggies? You still have to do moderation. Are you doing the keto sticks?

IFnewstart-- hey that's an interesting name. What does it mean exactly? And, glad you're here. Can't wait to talk. Are you journaling?

LC Justin--I know what you mean about sports. I have a now 16 year old and when he tried to play football they made him center because of his size. He lost motivation quickly. He said it was no fun if he couldn't touch the ball too. It broke my heart. He wants to get fit for his senior year, which is right around the corner. Ugh. So much work, so little time.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 12:13

BF:

Hey LC Justin, I hope this isn't intrusive, but how old are you? Curious because of metabolism stuff. I assume you are also male?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 12:19

BF:

Startinova, love the quote plus I love the visual of the fairy. I'll get rid of that dam devil on my shoulder yet.

I get that you haven't started yet but in fact you have because you've just set up a support group to get you motivated. Don't be afraid of that scale because even if it's high today it will go down. You are taking control!

The diet or should I say way of life is easier then I thought. I'm amazed that I'm not hungry. It took me 1 year to take off 30 pounds and I was soooo hungry. I am a stress eater and boy the stress in the last year has been over the top. I was reaching for the wine a little too often. That's the one thing I really miss right now but I think it's the reason I gained weight back.

LC Justin, nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to this journey.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 12:31

BF:

Wow, thanks kelleygirl. Sounds like you'll have that nasty thing off your shoulder in no time! The wine got me a bit too. I was drinking a lot, I embarrassed to say how much. It tasted good. Then one day, the kid said he thought I only drank on weekends. Then he goes, "you've been drinking Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday..." I stopped right then. That was around New Years. I don't miss it. I just get into this thing of eating the same stuff over and over. So, I think breakfast is going to be my hardest menu. I currently go to Starbucks every morning. Coffee, good. Plain bagel toasted with cream cheese, real bad. A bagel is like one of the worse things for breakfast, isn't it?
What does everyone else eat for breakfast?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 12:59

BF:

Quote:
Hey LC Justin, I hope this isn't intrusive, but how old are you? Curious because of metabolism stuff. I assume you are also male?

No, no worries. Yes, I am male and I'm in my mid 20's and 6'5'' feet tall. I've been struggling with my weight all my life.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 13:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Startinova, love the quote plus I love the visual of the fairy. I'll get rid of that dam devil on my shoulder yet.

I get that you haven't started yet but in fact you have because you've just set up a support group to get you motivated. Don't be afraid of that scale because even if it's high today it will go down. You are taking control!

The diet or should I say way of life is easier then I thought. I'm amazed that I'm not hungry. It took me 1 year to take off 30 pounds and I was soooo hungry. I am a stress eater and boy the stress in the last year has been over the top. I was reaching for the wine a little too often. That's the one thing I really miss right now but I think it's the reason I gained weight back.

LC Justin, nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to this journey.

Nice to meet you as well.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 13:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Justin
No, no worries. Yes, I am male and I'm in my mid 20's and 6'5'' feet tall. I've been struggling with my weight all my life.

Well, I see two glaring positives for you.
1. You are male. Your metabolism is genetically different from females and you'll burn fat faster.
2. You're under 30, you can rev your metabolism up.

I have struggled with my weight starting in college, I think. It was then that I was up and down, up and down. Each time the up kept getting bigger.

Why don't you post one of your menus? We all can and that way we can see what each person is eating and maybe that will keep us accountable. What do you all think?

I know one thing; I've gotta get on the scale.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 13:36

BF:

Quote:
Well, I see two glaring positives for you.
1. You are male. Your metabolism is genetically different from females and you'll burn fat faster.
2. You're under 30, you can rev your metabolism up.

I have struggled with my weight starting in college, I think. It was then that I was up and down, up and down. Each time the up kept getting bigger.

Why don't you post one of your menus? We all can and that way we can see what each person is eating and maybe that will keep us accountable. What do you all think?

I know one thing; I've gotta get on the scale.

Sure.
For breakfast I usually eat 2 boiled eggs with a few slices of none salted bacon.

Lunch is usually a chicken salad loaded with veggies, shredded cheddar cheese and pieces of chicken with low fat dressing

For dinner I eat something different each night. Example;
I might have a burger on a low carb flax seed bread.
Steak with roasted mushrooms
Another salad mixed differently
Chicken with low carb bbq sauce with veggies.

Now, for dinner these are only examples but have many more ideas. Right now I am baking a low carb cheese cake to go with dinner tonight.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 13:48

BF:

LC Justin,
That sounds yummy!!! I am so boring. I think that might be a bit of the issue too. Gotta think about this differently. So, I think I am starting on the 17th, which is Thursday. I am taking off of work. I need to go grocery shopping also. So I am rethinking my food choices.

Oh, by the way, try making chicken salad with a bit of creme cheese instead of mayo and add tiny slices of cucumbers. And, for a quick dessert, spray some whipped cream in a cup and add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum.

What brand of bbq sauce are you using? Is it any good?
What about your drinks?
I think I want to do plain water with a squirt of lemon. I got that from another diet. I need to seriously up my intake of water and get rid of the tea, coffee, and cola. Seriously. I also bought Truvia. I am a long time Splenda user but Jackie Warner (from Workout) said do Truvia. Ugh. I guess.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 14:40

BF:

Quote:
LC Justin,
That sounds yummy!!! I am so boring. I think that might be a bit of the issue too. Gotta think about this differently. So, I think I am starting on the 17th, which is Thursday. I am taking off of work. I need to go grocery shopping also. So I am rethinking my food choices.

Oh, by the way, try making chicken salad with a bit of creme cheese instead of mayo and add tiny slices of cucumbers. And, for a quick dessert, spray some whipped cream in a cup and add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum.

What brand of bbq sauce are you using? Is it any good?
What about your drinks?
I think I want to do plain water with a squirt of lemon. I got that from another diet. I need to seriously up my intake of water and get rid of the tea, coffee, and cola. Seriously. I also bought Truvia. I am a long time Splenda user but Jackie Warner (from Workout) said do Truvia. Ugh. I guess.

I only drink water with an occasional diet soda. As for the bbq sauce I make it myself, it's one of the many recipes I found on this site.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/re...carbrecipes.htm

Some of those recipes helped me a lot when I re-started my low carb journey
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 15:08

BF:

You guys just made me so hungry! Everything sounds wonderful. I like the idea of sharing a food journal. I tried using the My Plan link and didn't like it. Not very user friendly ( or maybe it's this user).

LC you're young and men can build muscle much faster then women. It still going to be work, I don't want to make it sound like you have it on easy street but just trying to give words of encouragment. You'll have to give me the receipe for cheesecake YUM

Startinova, I have been struggling with breakfast as well. I was having a protein bar with my pot of coffee each morning. The forum seems to think that the Adkin bars can cause a stahl. I miss the sweetness. I started scrambling 2 eggs and added in a Steakum shaved steak. It hits the spot.

Oops have to run. My daughter has physical therapy at night. T I have to drive to the gym for her I have no good reason not to excercise. It may help me get into shape. I'll check in later
Closed Thread