Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/185/155 Female 5'8"
BF:37%/35%/34.4%/31%
Progress: 83%
Lightbulb "The Biggest Loser" Challenge!

Ok everyone! Here it is! I am a huge fan of this show and it starts this Tuesday September 13th at 8PM on ABC. Why not make a challenge to challenge yourself or/and those that are on the show? Say you will lose 10, 20, or 30 + pounds, or you will run x amount of miles, or fit into BLANK size of clothing or finally make exercise and low carbing a "habit" you no longer have to think about by the time the final episode of the show airs. This will be a great opportunity to act as if WE were going to win that million and work our tushes off! More importantly we will have achieved our goals or come closer to them and better health. Here is a little about me if you have never seen me before on here.

At my highest weight I was 335 pounds. I have always been overweight, even in the 5th grade, I weight 176 pounds. I have not seen below 200 since middle school and now I am 26 years old, so I have no idea what it is to be in a "normal" weight range. I have lost weight three times using low-fat diets and exercise and gained some or all back every time. The first time: 40 pounds, The second 60 plus the 50 more that brought me to my highest 335 and then after losing 95 pounds those pounds, shooting up 40 pounds.

That is when I tried Atkins at the urging of my brothers fiance. I went from 271 down to 200 from November 2004 til July first 2005. I am now at 208 due to some setbacks with hormones and some emotional eating during some rough periods. So anyhow, this is the greatest WOE that I have come across and in all of my fat years, believe me, I have tried plenty of ways to lose it.

This brings me to today. I had been off track until August 31st with my exercise and September 1st with my WOE. I have been on track since then and have reached that "Enough is Enough" point, where you have had it with the bouncing back and forth between 2 numbers (If you have been "good" all the way through, I am jealous ...) I am emotionally ready now to lose it all once and for all and the going back and forth will not cut it anymore! So if you want to join me in watching the show, talking about it and creating little challenges for ourselves each week it airs, and seeing what you can accomplish in the time that it runs, tell a little about yourself and your goals.

My Stats:

5'8
208 pounds (larger frame)

Workout:
6 days per week (M-F, 2-3 hours spread through the day by way of classes: Kickboxing, Hip Hop Dance, Step and Strength training using machines, free weights and the ball opposite days for upper and lower body)

My Goals/Mantras:

What will I say at the end of this challenge?

I am so proud of myself for staying committed to this WOL so far!

I am glad that I have squashed my emotional eating habits with new healthy coping habits/skills.

I am so much more confident than before and this challenge has given me MOMENTUM (If you build this, you can do anyting for good or bad!) for so many other things in my life!

I weigh a fit, healthy, toned 150-160 pounds and I am sexy as hell in cute clothes that do not begin with X or Plus!!

OMG! I weigh less than I did in the fifth grade!

I have more energy than ever before and I am ready to challenge myself physically for the rest of my life (Where can I sign up to train for x amount of marathons? How long will it take me to earn my black belt? What sports teams can I join during the summer?...)

Look at all the yummy low carb recipes I was able to create!
more will come to me... So it's your turn! Who is up for it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 18:17

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Enjoying The Biggest Loser Together!!

Hi,
I love this show too.It is so motivating.

I would love to join you to discuss the show and follow it.

I've been on this WOE since January of 2003.Didn't do all that great this past year since I had some gains a few times that I had to work to get off.Now I am dedicated again and 5 pounds from being at my lowest on this WOE.I am now down 37 pounds and a few dress sizes.I started out wearing size 1X and can now wear size 16.

This is week three for me to get serious and start losing again and exercising.

The first two weeks I lost 7 1/2 pounds but this week I am up 1 1/2 but I've stayed on plan so I am really thinking that my gain is due to exercising.

I am 5 foot 6 and weigh 207.
I'm an active almost 55 year old grandmother that stays busy watching her two grandchildren ages 10 months and 4 years of age.

My Goals:
Stay on my low carb WOE and do my best to lose.Not sure how long the show is on so I will not state a certain amount of weight to lose.I will just do my best.

Get to Onderland where I haven't been in over 20 years.

Exercise: On Mondays,Wednesdays and Fridays I will do 30 minutes of strength training and on Tuesdays,Thursdays and Saturdays I will do at least 30 minutes of cardio.

Hope others will join us.

Nancy

Last edited by Chloesue : Fri, Sep-09-05 at 18:20. Reason: Add a few more words
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 18:39
Bound for Onederland

Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

Hey there. I almost never watch a TV series (same night and time) since it seems that the shows I want to see are always on after 9 and we go to bed so early. This sounds good since it starts at 8 pm. That seems doable. Any idea how many weeks the show is on?

My goals-
consistantly lose1-3 pounds per week
try 1 new LC recipe per week to keep things interesting
MOVE my BIG BUTT! (exercise- walking and go to CURVES)
weigh 180 by Christmas.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-05, 08:12

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

Sounds like a plan!!! I want to rearrange my diet a little bit and do a low carb/low fat type thing. Anyway, I watched a little bit of this show last time it was on and I loved it!!

I am also sick and tired of going up and down with weight. A good weight for me is around 110, since I am short. I have been back and forth from there and 146 over the past 5 years and Im ready to put an end to it. I dont just want to do it to look good in those short shorts (lol), I want to do it to be healthy.

SO COUNT ME IN Great Idea!

Are we going to weigh in when the people on tv weigh in?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-05, 08:22
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

What actually happened to that man who was on the show - who then joined here on the boards?? I never did see how he got on!!? He musta been on the last one, not this one...
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 13:16
Registered Member

Default Nice to see some joiners! :)

I am not sure exactly how long it is on, but there it is close to the same amount of time Survivor takes, so a good deal of time for us to whip out butts into better shape!

I know what you mean about the going up and down. My body is not really resistant at all to losing, I have bounced up and down 20 pounds twice since November and kicked myself for a while because I "would have been" at my goal range by now, Blah, Blah, Blah I had to let all of that go and just get back on track now. And yes, you just get fed up with going back and forth with losing and gaining. My biggest challenge is my emotional ties to food when I get all stressed out. I went through a tough mini "relationship" and fell of track. It seems to be hard as you know what for me to pull myself back together, so I am trying to prevent things like that happening by being more organized and developing better coping skills

I don't know what happened to the man that was on here the first season, but if you go to the new Biggest Loser show at the station website, it gives more updates about the first cast. They are still doing great it looks like!

I am definately taping the shows.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 13:21
Registered Member

Cool

That is a great idea! Ok, so we weight ourselves each Tuesday before the show and we can check out progress against ourselves and the people on the show! Weigh day Tuesday! Also grab some measurements and body fat percentage if possible for the beginning and because it is the total amount of body fat percentage they go by in the end to choose their winner as well.

I have a session with a trainer at my gym tomorrow, so I can get that. If you can great! If not, grab your weight for sure. This is great!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 20:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I would love to get in on this too. I actually watched this show last year, while stuffing my face with chips. Funny thing is I remember thinking, "sure glad I'm not that big." But, now that reality has set in, I know I was that big, or even bigger.

I'm hoping to get to see all the shows, but with my little ones ya never know. Hopefully if I miss one, someone will be able to fill me in. I think it will be so much fun watching and actually know that I am doing something about my wieght also.

My goal at the end of the show will be to get into a size 10. I'm currently a 14 (but of course this depends on what clothes I have on, was able to get into one pair of 12's, but mainly wear a 14), so would be happy dropping down two sizes.

Will be ready for the weigh in on Tuesday.

Jenny
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 13:45
Registered Member

Skylee

I am sure between the few of us, you will be filled in easily if you happen to miss anything. Like I said, I am planning on taping the show anyway to use as one of my motivational tools. I did regret that I did not tape all of the shows the last time they were on .

Tomorrow is the day, get set, get ready, WEIGH! sorry, I can be a bit dorky at times

Fun Note:
Also, since I just started dating someone new that will be out of state for three weeks also gives me an added umph! to really shock the hell out of him when I pick him up from the airport
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 17:48

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 64
BF:42
Progress: 30%

I'd like to join as well, i love this show, I'm glad I found this thread I was not aware that the new season begins tomorrow! My goals are posted in my signature line. Does anyone know how long the season is for this show? I'm guessing it's about a three month period, like all the other weightloss "reality shows". If that is the case I'd like to add a 25lb weight loss to my list of goals.

Last edited by Sapphire2 : Mon, Sep-12-05 at 18:03.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 17:52
Slowly melting...

Stats: 267/253/199 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I would love to join as well, I am needing a new challenge and this sounds perfect.... I would love to be in my 14's by the end of the challenge!

Tammy
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 10:44
Registered Member

Hey, everyone! Well tonight is the 90 minute beginning of season 2! I went to the gym this morning and weighed myself. I had to reschedule my appointment with my trainer for tomorrow, so I do not have my measurements yet. Here is my starting weight as of this morning.

204.6 pounds- I want to say see ya never! to the 200's by next weeks show!

I will post the weights and info of the people of the show, so we can look back on that and keep updates on here as well. It might be cool to find a person the very closest to your stats as possible to challenge each week, or someone that you can relate to in some way ...

Also, if you can keep track of what you eat and do for activity, that would be neat to add here I will begin food tracking tomorrow, but for exercise so far today, I:

Rollerbladed on the beach for 30 minutes, took a step class before work at my gym and tonight after work, I will take a kickboxing class... What is grueling is that on the show, they work out like 4 hours per day Anyway, I will update tomorrow and please everyone else also!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 15:48
Registered Member

Sorry Ladies, I just realized that I said ABC, when it is NBC that the show is on...lol. I do need glasses you know! Also if you go to the NBC site, you can check out all the updates and stuff, has anyone else been?
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 15:54

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone,
I cant wait for tonights show! it motivates me so much!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 18:27

Plan: Self Made Plan
Stats: 194.2/191.6/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

I am tivoing the show as we speak since I am at work. I hope watching it gives me an extra kick in the pants because lately I have been slacking big time. It's very motivational to see them change! I am going to the site now to check out last years people!