Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 20:07

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Zero Carb

So, we needed a new thread. Here we go. For all the zc and people striving for something close to zc! lol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 20:26

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you Suzanne!

I do believe I'm hooked on this WOE, and that's a GOOD thing. I think the simplicity of it all is the key for me. A heartfelt thank you to everyone for sharing.

I just finished frying chicken tenders in butter and oil, my crockpot was full of beef steak today (yummy ). and I'm slowly eating fewer eggs, and drinking only water. and I've never felt better in my entire life!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 20:44

BF:

How do you veteran ZC's handle being out to dinner and wanting to stay ZC. We are going out with friends to Ruby Tuesdays on Saturday night. Do you just not worry about what they'll think. Or do you eat off plan (staying as ZC as possible) to be "politically correct"

Maybe they serve a sample platter of various meat dishes, that would allow me to stay on plan. (I tell you I'm really an all or nothing type person) and I don't want to break my streak. Any suggestions?

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Tue, Mar-09-10 at 20:55.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 21:27

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 180/144.6/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 79%

marking my spot:

haven't gotten on the scale yet but as for eats:
bk: coffee and HnH
pork ribs
cheese

dinner:
2 cups of ground beef cooked in beef fat
water

feel satisfied....
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 21:30

Plan: Atkins/ carnivore
Stats: 302/270/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 29%

When eating out I have learned that my woe is the only thing important to me. To much misery allowing what others think to derail my woe. Ruby Tuesday will have a lot of meat dishes, stick to what works for you, within your plan.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 21:42

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Order what you want. You don't need to justify it. If someone gives you grief, just tell them that that's all you want. You don't "feel like" having any of the sides, just the meat. Repeat if necessary. It's the truth. It's like a similar strategy to avoid having friends press you to have "just a little" dessert. "I made it myself." "Come on. You have to try the [fill in the name of any carb-laden sugar bomb]. It's their specialty!" Just reply, "I don't feel like dessert." or "I'm full." or "I'm not hungry." Repeat until they stop. Very effective.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 21:53

BF:

Thanks for the input! I appreciate the support and advise it's just what I needed to hear!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 06:39

BF:

I am very clear when I order out, not rude, but explain myself very well. I always order a steak, safest and most filling for me. I am ask that no sauce or spices me used on my steak either, that I have food allergies. Yes, I do get strange looks, but there are also not a lot of almost 40 year old moms who look as good as me either. So, which would I rather? I few strange looks and comments or my new amazing body and perfect health?
No one questions a vegeatarian when they make their meal order and are very specific, so I feel I have the same right.
Now, the first few times you eat only meat in front of others, it is weird, but after a while people get used to it and you get used to it too.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 08:23

BF:

It's really amazing how the desire to eat this way can be transforming in ones thought process. I'm finding the desire to even consider eating off plan a very, very dim option. I can't believe it. I must not get over confident, but so far so good.. It helps reading on this forum and getting better informed. I hope everyone has a successful day today.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 08:36

Plan: VLC
Stats: 432/363/250 Male 6'3"
BF:??%/39.5%/??%
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea
I am very clear when I order out, not rude, but explain myself very well. I always order a steak, safest and most filling for me. I am ask that no sauce or spices me used on my steak either, that I have food allergies. Yes, I do get strange looks, but there are also not a lot of almost 40 year old moms who look as good as me either. So, which would I rather? I few strange looks and comments or my new amazing body and perfect health?
No one questions a vegeatarian when they make their meal order and are very specific, so I feel I have the same right.
Now, the first few times you eat only meat in front of others, it is weird, but after a while people get used to it and you get used to it too.

I've been also doing the steak only route when eating out. I use the steak enthusiast gimmick to be super picky about what is on my steak. Food allergies sounds good, too.

How is restaurant hamburger generally? Any complaints? (Aside from the fact that they always cook it to death maybe?)
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 08:57

BF:

I have done hamburgers in a restaurant and have not had good results. They tend to add a lot of fillers and they have caused me leg cramps and cravings. Thus, I stick with steak.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 09:13

Plan: dirty carnivore..yeah
Stats: 203/170/160 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Yeah steak is the only safe thing for me as I'm allergic to gluten, and that manages to creep into just about everything...I want a bit of meat that looks like meat! Daren't eat burgers.

What are chicken tenders???

Oh and I don't make excuses, beyond I have an allergy, and it's not safe for me to eat that....My mother's constantly saying "oh but a bit of bread won't hurt". ......get outa here!!!!!

Last edited by mer23 : Wed, Mar-10-10 at 11:33.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 10:17

Plan: HighFat/LC
Stats: 160/158/135 Female 5' 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I usually have a bunless burger at a restaurant, but will order a steak if it is a good price.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 10:29

Plan: Zero Carbs since 01/09
Stats: 220/134.8/135 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

To make my life easier, I say simply 'we have allergies so this is how we eat'.

Nobody questions it, and we can all eat what we want that way.

People are much more in tune with allergies than specific dietary choices. And this way I can keep the comments to a minimum, because anyone can go away thinking we only eat like that when we go out and have no control over what is in our food.

it also helps that we DO have allergies, DD2 cannot have cow dairy and DD7 is allergic to vegetable oils and I cannot have gluten. So a spice/free steak and real butter is our only option at most restaurants!

Mind you, when we eat out alone, I only say that to the staff who might try to persuade us to order something other than meat
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 12:34

BF:

I get my chicken tenders from Aldi. They are just like boneless, skinless, chicken breasts but they are quite smaller and panfry alot quicker. Delish when fried in butter and olive oil. I add a bit of sesesme and fennel seed as they fry also.