Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 07:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/dietdoctor
Stats: 182/175/159 Female 67
BF:no idea!
Progress: 30%
Arrow new book versus old book

hi (please read with italian accent)

i am finally finding out for myself (and that is the only way we can really learn) that heimowitz's book 'new atkins made easy' is in fact not making it easy and in fact making it s hard as she can. it is a nightmare. so confusing. i am glad i bought it for a penny off amazon cos other wise throwing it in the trash would be a waste. (also the paper is dark manilla, so you can't even literally read it easily, let alone understand it.)

i am convinced at this point with the absence of so called healthy 3 carb bars, and going back to the atkins 72 (updates cos they don't sell that one anymore) orange book will sort it out. i don't think i am insulin resistant, i don't think any discouraging thoughts about meds etc, i think i am following collette's really stupid weight loss/nutrition system. i think the dr atkins's one worked, and this doesn't. i suddenly put on 4 pounds 4 or 5 days ago (still on a strict induction) and have only lost one. so i now weigh what i weighed after week one. and for days now. plus, though i feel smaller, which i do, and a good tan always makes you feel better, i am certain i am onto something here.

basically, ignore the stats, i am talking about how i feel. and how i feel is that week one as fine but since then its getting from slow to nothing. i am following the rule book. i wont give up. but right now, this is not working for me. one up one down two down one up two up one day... no thanks. fed up f it now. not working.

so, i am going back to the old book (which, of course, is in england) and re starting. it is ridiculous what is not happening to me and i know instinctively something is not working and could be put right. something is messing it up for me. my instincts are good. really sharp. so... i will follow them.

so, off i go back to the drawing board.
'do you want the perfect body and to feel great?' she asks in her book
'yes, collette, i do. but you're not going to give it to me, are you?' hehehe. bless her. i am sure she did her level best (to get a lot o money making us all lose slower n eat bars and meals that are crap and hazardous to our systems)

this all just came to me. i need to do it with the old book. i am going for it. i wont give up till the jobs done and even then i wont stop. i am not happy with the results so i am changing.

salutations from italy, your dear carol.

Last edited by carol2016 : Sat, Jul-02-16 at 07:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 08:23

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi, Carol. A very good book which explains the science of Low-carb eating simply but completely is Gary Taubes's Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It. In an appendix, he provides the LC diet used by Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University, which was based on Atkins's original plan. It is very simple and an excellent foundation.

You clearly like to write and explore your thoughts. Time to start a journal! Go to the Journal/Boot Camp section, and click on New Thread at the top. Give your journal a catchy name, and off you go!

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 09:15
Registered Member

i write a journal, i write on here to get opinions feedback. thank you for yours.
xx
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 11:55

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
In an appendix, he provides the LC diet used by Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University, which was based on Atkins's original plan.
And that is also the DietDoctor Two Week Challenge: http://www.kostdoktorn.se/wp-conten...starch_diet.pdf

There is an active Atkins72 group here, rules at top: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=471144

And the 2002 Induction Rules also work, sticky right at top of Atkins forum: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 12:23
Registered Member

ah BRILLIANT! thanks janet
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 15:59
Registered Member

i really wonder why bob puts the carbs not the net carbs in his book.
how misleading is that.