Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:38
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

I have a digital scale that can tell if I'm not standing on it straight :P Its a pain in the arse but its good for me :P
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/143 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I haven't stopped laughing since I started reading this thread.... I'm amazed at how alike we all are.

This morning, I resisted the scale's siren call and did not get on!
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 12:12
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

it is fun to read - nice to know that I'm not really crazy - that other people do this too :P
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 12:39

Plan: Atkins/and calorie count
Stats: 188/178/124 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I weigh every morning too! I have people (well meaning people) tell me all the time that it's obsessive. Here is the truth: I have gained a tremendous amount of weight three times in my life - all times I was not weighing. I have lost great amounts three times (now) while weighing. Obsessive? Maybe. Do I care? No!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 17:25

Stats: 250/190/170 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress:

going on the scale used to be fun, unitl i stopped working out and dieting.....i went on the scale and i have gained back 30 lbs since january......but i'll get back to 180!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 21:34
Low Carbing Diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/296/250 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

My day isn't complete unless i get on the scale. it's like my morning cup of coffee. The numbers wakes me up. I'm trying to get better. I was weighing myself 3 or 4 times a day. Now i'm down to once a day.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 15:03

Plan: Atkins AGAIN!!!
Stats: 265/257/161 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:48/44/51
Progress: 8%

I can't believe I'm not the only scale addict!! Haven't stopped laughing since I started reading the thread!!! I weigh first thing in the morning - after the loo and without nightie 1 Don't record until official weigh day on Saturdays though - Am I totally sad??
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 22:30

Plan: Atkins/ SB
Stats: 204/173.5/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I'm glad to see this thread. Now I know I'm not the only one addicted to the scale.

I weigh at least once a day and if I don't like the weight I check again moving the scale around the room until I find a good weight

Marg
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 21:09

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/153/150 Female 5' 6.5''
BF:
Progress: 91%

I weigh myself every morning and often more during the day, and when it changed - especially when I think I have actually lost some - I go another scale which is in my kids room and in lbs (rather than kg like mine). But I think it keeps me controlled. I don't know how I react if I gain but I certainly want to have an early warning, so in the moment, I tolerate the stall and am happy when it goes below - I have been in a +/- 3 lbs stall for a while (though before that, it was just above, so the - in the +/- above is an improvement of sorts. I travel often and don't take a scale with me, so I end up sometimes not weighing for 4-7 days, but I don't think its good. To me the scale isn't upsetting me but it is disciplining me, and I need that - daily (I my 1 year anniversary on this way of life is coming up!)
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 23:15

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 315/291/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Ok here is my scale thing... I don't own one mostly because I know that I would be on it all the time. But kinda thinking about getting one anyway. Today I was at My grandmother's for Thanksgiving. So of course had to weigh. Lost 1 more pound But then I did the most insane thing. After we ate I weighed again before I left. It was 10LBS higher. YIKES!! I know that I did NOT eat that much food.
Maybe I've actually been cured of the weighing thing.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 22:24

Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hello, my name is . . .

I have had the habit of weighing in the morning, after the Necessaries, for as long as I can remember. This is done naked and without a single hairpin or rubberband in my head, or anything that might impact the reading.

My scale is friendly, i.e., it shows two pounds less than what is true--- and I like it that way. I, too, move my scale around to various parts of the floor until I get the reading I want (which, like I said, is two pounds under what I know is true). It was my mother who suggested I try different parts of the floor--- but that does not at all mean that this obsession runs in the family!

As well as being my friend, the scale is my guardian angel . . . it keeps me (semi) honest because I know that when reach a certain limie, I absolutely MUST do something to get back on track. And, by the way, I am WAY overdue for an update on my statistics! In other words, the scale has said "Enough".
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 22:57

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

I too thought that the scale had become an obsessive part of my day. I threw it out when I moved and now Im up 10 lbs as well. Probably moe, but Ive lost recently, how much. How the hell should I know/ I threw my scale away!
So I bought another yesterday and I find it help me keep track IF I use it responsibly. I mean, come on, I wont lose 2 lbs in an hour, you know?
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 08:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

It's nice to know I'm not alone! ENOUGH SAID!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 22:58
Registered Member

Stats: 365.0/347/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm definitely obsessive about it. I'm obsessed with losing weight. Changing my behavior is such a monumental task, and requires so much of my attention, that it stands to reason I am wondering every day if I've lost weight, if it's working, if it can really happen for me. It's as much an act of faith as it is anxiety. At least now I can hold it down to one weigh-in a day.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 13:10

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 324/324/167 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, my name is Christy and I'm a scale-aholic. I can't help it - in the morning without fail and sometimes at night to see what the difference is the next morning. But, I guess there are worse addictions!