Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-01, 22:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/118/118
BF:
Progress:
Talking Introducing myself!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share my experience with low carb. I have had such a wonderful experience with it, I feel that I have to share for those who are still in question or who are just starting.

I have been low carbing since November of 1997. I was heavy most of my childhood and into my twenties. Off and on I lost weight through by doing all the WRONG things. Starving, purging, laxatives, etc.... You can't live like that forever, and once you stop, the weight always comes back. This is not news to any of you! Self esteem was down the toilet and mood swings and depression were the norm. You know, basically all the symptoms of not likeing yourself!

One day a good friend of mine told me about Atkins. Being the kind of person who would eat a box of paper if I was told it would help me lose weight, I ran right out and bought the book and started the very next day. I couldn't believe it.....first day I was a pound lighter, second day I was another pound lighter and so on and so on. I started to immediately feel better. I had more energy than I had had in years. My mental clarity was back! I lost 42 pounds within the first 7 months and have kept it off every since. For someone who has struggled with weight and all of the issues (mental and physical) that accompany it, I owe Atkins the world!

I exercise every day. I run on a treadmill, do Yoga and Taebo. Billy Blanks is another man I owe the world too!

I will try to share everything I can that I have learned about this WOE with anyone. And am so anxious to learn from all of you. It is great to be able to talk with others who don't harass you about eating this way. They just haven't been enlightened!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-01, 23:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Bean!

Congrats on you success, and the hard part maintenance!! Looking forward to learning from you!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 01:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations Bean!

Almost 4 years. This is a wonderful way of life isn't it!

Stick around and teach us a few things!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 08:08

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome bean! i'm so happy for you! i can really hear the enthusiasm in your post! congratulations on your weight loss and your new life! you are a real inspiration! we'd love to hear more about you!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 11:42

Stats: 160/118/118
BF:
Progress:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I wanted to say that I love reading all your stories and suggestions. We all have something to be very proud of here! We have all had such wonderful successes, with a few set backs along the way, but we get back on the horse eventually!

You are all inspirations to be as well. That's one of the neatest things about this site. Everyone is so supportive of each other, and when we offer support and encouragment....there is nothing we can't do together, right?!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Take care.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 18:00

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi bean, i thought i'd talk to you about your fibre question in your thread! what veggies can you eat? can you eat lettuce and cucumbers? what about broccoli and cauliflower? cabbage is great in coleslaws! tell me what veggies you can stand, not peas, carrots or corn! maybe we can come up with some ideas for you!