Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 21:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 305/285/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile Hello There

I thought I would "branch out" and read a few more of the boards that I fit into! I am fairly new to Low Carb (about a month) and started because my DH was diagnosed with diabetes... and I need to lose a lot of weight. So far I am doing great and feeling better.. though I am still tired and take a nap with my toddler, though it could be *because* of my toddler that I am soo tired! LOL!

I find it facinating that I am able to "beat the cheats" on this WOE... I think part of it is because my DH *has* to be good and I feel like I just can't eat stuff he loves, it wouldn't be fair to him! The other reason is because I just don't have the cravings I used to (I was a *big* time chips, potato, and french fry muncher) with the help of pork rinds. I occasionally crave sweets, but since I am not big into sweets... a small square of carbolite chocolate or a small bowl of SF ice cream does the trick. I am not saying I am perfect.. I have only been on this diet for about a month! But I am just amazed that I have not had the horrible cravings that I have had on the many low-fat diets of the past!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 06:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 294/269/185
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default good morning

Hi, sounds like we're in similar boats. no diabetes yet, but have friends/family diagnosed the past few years and its scary. husband and I both have been on for about a month as well and its much easier with two people. I also agree on the cravings.. I was a big chip and chocolate person but after a couple of days the cravings seemed to go away for the most part..there's still those hard days, but filling up on lots of water, protein and occasional nuts has been helping me. Let's hope the next few months are as easy as the first one, right???
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 06:57

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Talking Diabetic dance

Hi Iris and and Sunni

I too have diabetics that run in the family. I started this WOL mainly to get Cholesterol, Triglycerides and stuff in control. Plus it would help me continue to loose weight. I am also hoping that it will prevent me from playing what I refer to as the Diabetic Dance.

If anyone would have told me 6 months ago that I would be off candy, bread and potatoes and would feel better and have more energy, and that I wouldn't crave them...well what I would have told them can't be repeated here.

Keep up the great work.

Dee