Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 19:18

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hello All!!!!!

Hello all! I am new here, as if you couldn't tell. I have all sorts of questions. I don't know half of the stuff I can eat, or can't. I did go through terrible sugar withdrawal the first two days. A friend of mine who has been losing weight told me I could eat a protein bar once I was pass induction, or a jello treat he told me how to make. I was so hesitant about this whole thing at first, but now that I have been doing it a while, and it makes sense. I lost 8 pounds the first week, and tried to say it was just water weight, but this week it has kept going, and I know it wasn't just luck that I was losing weight. I have realized that the sugar and starches really were beating up my body. I have been feeling much healthier when I eat this way, and have definately decided to make this a way of life. I just wish that it would happen quickly, lol...who doesn't. It is so easy to put on, and so hard to take off. I have truly been happy getting up and looking at the scale to see even half a pound gone. I have tried and tried for so long, and I know I am going to become the person I already know I am on the inside. I am ready to be healthy!!!!!! Thanks for having this site here. It reminds me I am not alone in the world! Thanks! Dena
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 00:29
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Dena!

You have the right attitude with looking at this as a way of life and not a diet.

The best way to accomplish induction is to follow it to the letter. Only eat what is recommended in the quantities specified. Then, you increase your carbs, in the form of recommended low carb vegetables by 5 grams a week until you are at a point where the increase has not caused you to stop losing weight.

There is a nutrition counter under Low Carb Tools on the home page of this site, which will help you out with carb counting.

There was an earlier discussion today on low-carb bars:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...0832#post110832

I personally think they’re drek and a bad way to get a sweet fix if that’s what you’re after.

Karen