Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1921   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 19:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I had to tell you about dinner, Pat. I braised the short ribs in wine, bbq sauce that was homemade, a can of diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, and spices. Then after braising at 300 degrees for 3 hrs- we grilled it just to give it a crust and a char. It was great!!! DH loved it!
Later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #1922   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 07:52

Plan: Carb Addicts Diet
Stats: 200/200/130 Female 61 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello
I am start this diet today. I tried to do a very low-carb diet but it was very hard for me to stick with. I agree with low-carb diets and don't want to give up completely. I have actually read several books by the Hellers. I have been trying to be sugar-free for a while, but I would like to add starches to my day.

The books say that some people use lunch for the reward meal and some use dinner. How did you decide?
  #1923   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 10:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
welcome!
I decided to do my carb meal at dinner so I could eat dinner with my family and have more of a "normal" meal. Also so I can eat out with friends.
I know someone who eats lunch out with clients and coworkers on a daily basis, and she choses to have her carb meal then.

We are having leftover short ribs tonight- I put the grilled veggies in the sauce so I will have those and the mashed cauliflower.

Tomorrow we are going out to dinner- probably Peruvian chicken or a burger.

later-
E
  #1924   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 04:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I'm having a routine colonoscopy next week, and amgeting ready. I went to a local Vietnamese soup place and got a container of just broth. I'm making one sugar free jello and will also have vitamin and smart water. I hate the prep!

So I can't eat salads or raw veggies starting tomorrow either. So tonight we are going to have burgers and salad and some kind of veggie. I'll have a bun for my carb.

later-
E
  #1925   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 12:05

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

OH Eno, i feel for you, my Mother had to have lots of those tests also as
she had to have quite a serious operation back in the 80's.
I heard they had improved the drink you must take somewhat to how it used to be.

Sounds like a great plan to get through it in the best way possible with the broth & everything.
Such a good idea because fasting can make one feel quite cold in oneself.

All the best with it. It will be a great relief to get it out of the way.
  #1926   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 10:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
had my procedure- and I'm good. Feel great to have it over.
I drank a lot of unsweetened herbal iced tea and had bone broth to drink- DH got it for me from a Vietnamese place. I did have some Gatorade too- but about half a bottle not the 2 bottles recommended. Did eat a breakfast including a biscuit this am.
Planned RM dinner: salad, roasted Japanese eggplant, chicken breasts with ricotta cheese and spinach, bread for carb. DH will add on a beer and ice cream.

later-
E
  #1927   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 05:51

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
I had to tell you about dinner, Pat. I braised the short ribs in wine, bbq sauce that was homemade, a can of diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, and spices. Then after braising at 300 degrees for 3 hrs- we grilled it just to give it a crust and a char. It was great!!! DH loved it!
Later-
E

Short ribs make me drool...LOL. Your recipe sounds awesome!
  #1928   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
had my procedure- and I'm good. Feel great to have it over.
I drank a lot of unsweetened herbal iced tea and had bone broth to drink- DH got it for me from a Vietnamese place. I did have some Gatorade too- but about half a bottle not the 2 bottles recommended. Did eat a breakfast including a biscuit this am.
Planned RM dinner: salad, roasted Japanese eggplant, chicken breasts with ricotta cheese and spinach, bread for carb. DH will add on a beer and ice cream.

later-
E

Glad you survived. I truly am hoping they come up with another way of testing before my next one is due. My first experience was not one I want to repeat!
  #1929   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Thanks Eno, Just did IF for past 2 days and it definitely seemed to help with getting back on track.
Not doing IF today but paying attention to the CAD guidelines.

I totally cheated today and bought myself a portion of ready cooked vegetables and a rather over-sized meatball for lunch. But i have meal prepared for tomorrows lunch; just some roasted vegetables and an Italian tomato based sauce that i will include with the RM somehow.

Cherries are such a terrific fruit; - supposed to be really anti-inflammatory!
I would have found ice-cream w/the peaches a totally irresistible choice at your dinner party. Love all the food items that you served.

Maryh, I am beginning to see something new with my body. You know I am doing this up 8 pounds, down 8 pounds bit right now. If I overcarb - even one day, once I eat as I should (and truly now physically feel my best when I do), I end up peeing all day, drop up to 5 pounds in a week, and my lymphedema improves. I need to actually measure my legs to prove it, but I sure know about all the bathroom trips and the changes in weight.

There is a theory re inflammation and lymphedema, so it's an interesting topic to me!
  #1930   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 14:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I wish the whole colonoscopy thing was easier- but I could do this one again. The prep and the broth mae it work.

We had bbq beef, salad, cucumber (from the garden of a friend), corn tortillas, beans and pasta. I skipped the pasta. DH also had ice cream and a beer- I had water.

Tonight's planned RM involves the leftovers from last night (beans and tortillas and pasta), salad and wild salmon. I am thinking I'll just pan sauté with some spices.

Tomorrow we are going to friends. Friday to a restaurant DH loves that I'm not so keen about (his birthday choice), Friday to another friends (I'm bringing gravlax and champagne!), and Saturday a cookout. I'm excited to see so many friends and have such a nice weekend.

My DH has cancer, and just had his 6 month scan and it has no change. So we have lots to be thankful for and to celebrate!

Later-
E
  #1931   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 07:29

Eno, such awesome news about your DH.
  #1932   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 22:45

BF:

So happy to hear there's no change with your DH Eno & that his immune system is fighting it off.
Seems like a lot of people are living with cancer nowadays.

Patricia; Do you think over-carbing is triggering the fluctuations?
I've heard some people do cheat meals on purpose just so they get a raise in metabolism.
It's unbelievable how much water weight carbs can make you retain...i heard its something like 8g of water for every 1g of carbs.
I've experienced the sensation of water retention before so bad it made my skin hurt; like i was an over-stuffed sausage skin...

Feeling good these days; trying out the IF for around 16 hrs, & fasted cardio,
now am trying to add apple cider vinegar & resistance exercise.
Doing all i can to decrease insulin for once and for all.

My carbs recently were mainly; yogurt, quinoa, sweetcorn that was in a vegetable medley, dark chocolate,
Trying to stay away from my nightly bananas these days;
When i had one recently after being off them for a few days; i almost felt like i had some kind of weird hangover the next day.
Bizarre!
  #1933   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 07:48

Hi Maryh!
I have little doubt the overcarbing is responsible. Right now, after some extra half and half w/coffee days and then a day off yesterday, I am up over 6 pounds since Friday's weight. SHEESH!
This despite some pretty strenuous exercise (me picking up half logs and putting them into our truck. Or at least moving them to next to the truck with some. At my age, I am finding my main strength left is in my arms versus legs).

Onward, not quitting yet.

On a oh what does it mean note, have added a snack pack of plain almonds to my daily food. Trying to work on cholesterol...began taking a good vit b supplement with niacin some months ago, and have added Pyrroloquinoline quinone to my supplements.
  #1934   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 12:36

BF:

Have never heard of those supplements Patricia;
i heard that sunflower seeds are good for lowering cholesterol too and Omega 3's.

I know how easy it is to put up those lbs virtually over-night; one day off plan & i definitely go up about 5 lbs which stays unless i take action...and then it can take forever to go again. Even if i have one little extra carb like a banana; it would totally stall any weight loss from happening.
That's how i always seem to gain weight, in 5 lbs increments.
Seems to defy the laws of science...

Am getting into a different pattern these days because of the IF,
Still committed to living the CAD way though as much as possible too.
  #1935   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 13:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I eat almonds and have flax with my eggs for adding Omega 3s to the diet. I am able to eat about an ounce of the nuts and that's it. Lately I'm having them in cottage cheese!

Going to visit my sister for the weekend.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the people potentially affected by Hurricane Irma.

later-
E