Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-12, 09:51

Plan: Atkins DANDR- Induction
Stats: 155/158.0/120 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: -9%
Default Question re editing recipes

Okay, I'm not sure how to formulate this question, but I hope someone can make sense of it and be able to answer it.

I've been making generic recipes which I use frequently, for example, a sir fry base. However depneding on the day, the weight of the ingredients changes. So I edit the recipe each time inputting different quantities. As a result, the nutritional info gets changed each time I modify the recipe.

My questions is, If I modify the recipe today, is it retroactive? Does it go back and change it on previous days where I've used the recipe. I don't want it to change as the previous ones are based on quantities from those days.

Make sense? Any answers...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-12, 13:00
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I haven't investigated it, so I can't be positive, but I think amounts for previous days, when you used the "old" version of the recipe, do get changed. JMO.

I'm unclear about your reasons for changing it. Are you just using more of a given ingredient than the old version contained? Does it make that much difference in the total carb count of the amount you eat ... in other words, is it really necessary to change the recipe? Maybe it would be better to just add a little extra of the increased ingredient to your Daily Intake, instead of changing the actual recipe. A suggestion, anyway.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-12, 13:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/215/180 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 64%

I do the same thing and it is retroactive. At least for the day. I haven't gone back to check on the other days but I would assume so. IMO it doesn't make a ton of difference. The recipes aren't changed THAT much. If the difference in ingredients is pretty big I'd just make a new recipe.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 08:00

BF:

Thanks for your answers. Yes, I suspected it was retroactive.

The nutritional info for me varies alot. I cook for myself only so at times, I'll make one serving of a dish and other times, a whole batch. So whether I use 150g of cabbage is a whole lot different that 500. And obviously all the other ingredients change depending on what I have in the house.

I guess I'll just have to make new recipes. Was hoping to save myself an extra step
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 17:30
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Soul, you could consider adding the recipes as Bulk Entries instead of - or as well as - Recipes. When you have added a Bulk Entry, the meal comes up on your daily entry with each ingredient there for you to change if necessary.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 19:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Soul, you could consider adding the recipes as Bulk Entries instead of - or as well as - Recipes. When you have added a Bulk Entry, the meal comes up on your daily entry with each ingredient there for you to change if necessary.

Rosebud,

I hadn't thought of that. That sounds more like what I need to do , thank you.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 20:12

BF:

Quote:

Just playing with the bulk entries. I don't understand the single meal/multiple meal bit. In the past, I've only used the single as I didn't understand the other. When and how do us you the multiple meal?
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 20:24
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul
Just playing with the bulk entries. I don't understand the single meal/multiple meal bit. In the past, I've only used the single as I didn't understand the other. When and how do us you the multiple meal?

Oh believe me, I originally had HUGE trouble understanding this! But I have since then put the info into the FAQ in the sticky above. Here it is:
Quote:
Bulk Entries
Q
What’s the Bulk Entry and how does it work?.
A
This allows you to create a day’s worth (or a meals’s worth) of entries, all preconfigured with the amounts and servings.
If you choose Single Meal you can add a meal, such as a salad, to any meal of any day you wish. It’s like a recipe, only once the bulk entry is added to the meal, the items show individually, and can be edited if necessary.
If you choose Multiple Meals you can add a whole day's worth of meals. For example, bacon and eggs for breakfast, followed by chicken and salad for lunch, followed by steak with broccoli for dinner.
All entries from your Single and Multiple Meals can be edited as necessary.

Q
How do I delete a Bulk Entry?
A
Go to your list of Bulk Entries (press Food Lists to find it), then check the box beside the entry you no longer want, and click on delete bulk entry items from the dropdown menu.

If you are still having trouble, keep the questions coming.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 20:46

BF:

Quote:
Oh believe me, I originally had HUGE trouble understanding this! But I have since then put the info into the FAQ in the sticky above. Here it is:

If you are still having trouble, keep the questions coming.

Thats so awesome! Lots of potential for the routine stuff we have daily in come way or another like coffee and coconut oil.

That was a great explanation, thank you!