Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/275/200 Female 73 "
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi! I'm new to the site-not to LC!

Hi
I have been doing LC (Atkins)since last July. I lost 33 lbs from the time I started til November. Then I kind of abandoned it for personal reasons and went back to it faithfully in January. I never faltered for 3 months and only lost 1/2 lb!!. So I read the South Beach Diet and got totally confused! After nearly no carb to "not really low carb or low fat", I don't know what to eat any more. The Atkins thing was so easy for me. So now I'm think'n maybe Atkins, but a low fat version? I am not willing to give up yet! I am hoping with some advice and support I can get back on track. I think the South Beach is more restrictive and takes more food prep time, so I prefer Atkins/.
Anyway, I am determined.!!!! Any advice out there?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 12:17
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 414/409/200 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi, Moose
You might want to watch your calorie intake also. The calories u eat also has an impact on the weight as long as the carbs do. I limit myself to 1000 or 1200 a day and I try to burn at least 300 a day when and if I can..

GoodLuck
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 12:39
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

WOE MOM! 1200 cals is way too low for you. I'm at about 1300 average right now and don't plan to stay at this level much longer!!!

Yes, you will lose weight fast for awhile at that level, but eventually you will stall out bad and be in worse shape!

Please post this info over on the Atkins section and let all the knowledgeable people over there help you!!!

Please!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 12:42
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Follow Atkins to the letter and trust me you will lose weight.

I started in November 2003 and have lost 114 pounds, Atkins works but you have to let it.

#5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 12:44
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

1Moose:

Welcome to the forum!

Why don't you try a new clean Atkins induction - read the book carefully, follow the rules, post your menus in the Atkins section of this site, and let the knowledgeable people here help you! Low fat low carb is very hard to do! Moderate fat, maybe, but I would try to do straight Atkins first. You said you liked it, maybe you were eating something that stalled you. Let the smart people here help you!

Whatever you decide, we will support you in your LC journey.

Best of luck to you!