Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 18:03

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%
Default Hi Guys

Marie, you are doing wonderful!

Fishie, without seeing your menu I am a little in the dark maybe you could post what youve eaten the past few days, I know it stinks and its hard to stay positive when the scales dont move, ( thoes darn things are the best thing since sliced bread when going down, and worse than cod liver oil when going up)

Stay strong hun, you can and will do it!

Last edited by HollyAyott : Wed, Jun-30-04 at 10:56. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 09:48
I'm Back!

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 314/280/145 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 20%

Hi there! Thanks Holly, you are not doing so bad yourself! And I love the scale analogie! HOW TRUE! Hang in there fishie, it will all come together, really!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 13:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Okay, my food diary isn't that complicated. Each morning I eat either 2 eggs & 2 pork sausages or a 2 egg, 1 1/2 tbsp cream cheese mock danish. Lunch is either a grilled chicken breast or tuna with mayo and romaine and 4 0r 5 sliced strawberries (I know not induction but can't seem to give them up). Dinner is usually a salad and some type of meat or a cauliflower & cheese cassarole. I do drink some waist watcher soda in the evening and my water consumption is not what it should be. I think my calories are too high. I'm usually at 1700-2000. I have to find the willpower to eat below 1500 I think to lose weight. I am happy that I've at least maintained my weight at this level. I've finally gotten the courage to get rid of some of my fat clothes (the 2Xs) Thank you everyone for your support, I'll quit whining.

Last edited by fishie48 : Wed, Jun-30-04 at 13:21. Reason: left out words
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 14:34

Talking Whine Away

thats what we are here for, are you sure your eating enough? Just asking casue that doesnt sound like a lot, and I always get stuck thinking I am eating to much then someone comes along and says hey eat more, and I do and I loose!
DO you use fitday... maybe you could put your food everyday for a week in fit day and post it in your journal.... Just a suggestion I know its frustrating when your not seeing hte scale move, also do you measure or just weigh maybe your loosing inches, especially if your doing any exercising.
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 19:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I do use fit-day on and off, but how do I make it public. Tried once a long time ago and it didn't work.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 12:32
I'm Back!

Whine? Never, like Holly said that is what we are all here for. Heck knows I do my fair share of whining!
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 07:51

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi All,

I'm still here. Been really busy lately. We're moving half way across the country this weekend so I've been busy with that. Glad to see you all (or shall I say "y'all") are still here and going strong!!
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 13:30

Talking Hi Joe

where are you moving from - to. Thats a big step, I hate hate hate moving, can be stressful, especially on a holiday weekend. Well take it slow, dont stress out be prepared for the unexpected and you'll do fine. CHeck in with us again when you can.
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 18:49

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Red face A little late, but

can I join too? I do fine during the day. My problem is the evening meal. We eat out A LOT! And it's frequently late. (DH works late) I've been getting salads mostly, but for a long time, I'd have wine with them. I'm cutting that out. And it's difficult for me to make something that I'd like myself, but which I shouldn't have. I'd like to get all of us on low-carb. My DH doesn't need to lose any (of course), but one DD does.

I guess I should confess that last night, DH and I went to Home Depot and then to (ACK) Dairy Queen. (71 carbs) I did not know that when I ate it. I got a medium chocolate sundae. I don't always get one, I have gone with him and not gotten one. That's kind of a weird sitch. We've talked about it, and at times, he'll get annoyed if I get one. (maybe once a month), but he feels guilty eating in front of me if I don't. I can't win... He wasn't annoyed last night though, as I had pointed out (earlier in the week, not that day) that I don't have a "right" choice. I have looked at DQ online menu and a lower (not low) carb choice would be soft serve vanilla or chocolate. (21 carbs)

I've done "ok" today. Could have been better. I had McDonald's chicken nuggets (20 piece) for lunch with hot mustard sauce. (51 carbs) (7 carbs in hot mustard sauce x 2) I don't usually have McDonald's for lunch. When I'm home (I work out of home, but had out of county errand) I usually have a piece of chicken breast (3 carb) and a salad, or broccolli w/cheese or cauliflower w/cheese. Dinner is usually my downfall. I've tried CAD, but I tend to go over my time and not eat well balanced. I guess I "reward" myself. I know that's what it says, but I overdo it. I can't yet handle it.

Other strategy I'm considering, adding a snack around 11:00. (bought some nuts and pork rinds) I frequently end up eating lunch around 11:30. If I move my lunch to 1 or 2, perhaps I'll have more control at dinner? I'm trying to have it by 6:00. Or, since I'm not usually hungry first thing, eat my breakfast at 11:00. (weird, if I eat breakfast {2 boiled eggs}, I get hungry during the day)

I drink water and unsweetened (no splenda or other a/s) green tea. I also drink coffee in the am, with no fat half and half. (the no fat is for DH).

I was walking ½ hour in the am. Then we got the pool going and I thought I'd do that, but I haven't done it regularly.

I do see some loss, which I know is water at this point. I need to update my profile. My hands and ankles aren't as puffy. (I'm reminding myself of my aunt, why can't I just DO what helps me? Why do I have to "indulge" myself?)

I haven't been posting in my FitDay. (I have problems getting near the computer when my older DD is home) This happens to be in the evening, but I can usually get to it in the am. (She's a teenager, she sleeps until I wake her up!)

Good luck to all of us!!
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 21:05

Talking Welcome Teresa

well there were a lot of issues in your little post.

just a few suggestions

1. always eat b-fat even if your not hungry ( FYI some people have a sensativity to egg which does ten to make them hungrier, you may one of them) dont get caught up in the idea that breakfast has to be the traditional breakfast foods, eat leftovers or chicken or whatever for b-fast just wat it,

2. your idea about a snack at 11:30 or so and a later lunch is a great one. try it see if it works if not then rethink it a bit anf figure out what works, if your not starved at dinner then you maybe be able to make better choices

3. do try to prepare more meals at home, first its less expensive and you have more control, maybe try planning out your weekly meals and shopping for them ahead of time that way you already have a plan.

4. Maybe you can buy some LC ice cream and have dh buy his DQ bring it home and you can share your IC treats together on the porch or something like that.

5. Dont be so hard on yourself, this woe is a major life change, takes time to adjust and get used to, no ones perfect everyone cheats every now and then. Do it for you, do the best you can forget the times you make up.
  #131   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 08:02

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Default Hi!

I agree 110% about cooking at home and planning meals ahead, however... I've had things listed on a menu, and he'll say he doesn't feel like that tonight. And we end up eating out. DH says he is trying to make things easier on me. I think sometimes he's just in the mood for a particular food (pizza, which I really don't like that much, THANK GOD, I just get wings) and the kids of course would rather eat anything mom didn't make. Unless it's pudding, or some other dessert of course. I've asked him if he has problems with the menu, my cooking, but he says no. We've been married for 22 years and he's never complained about anything I've made, really. He even talks about eating out 5 or 6 times a week when we retire. So, I really need to get a grip, or change his mind.

I'm thinking now about getting a frydaddy or something and making low carb chicken nuggets! I've already decided I'm going to get a food processor. (Mock mashed potatoes) I can't mash them well enough for them by hand. But, personally I'm fine with it. But, my DH says they stink (literally). My older daughter likes cauliflower and cheese. And broccoli and cheese. She has lost some, but I worry she's skipping meals. She's still okay weight wise though, I'm keeping an eye on her.

Dinner last night was the innards of three soft taco supremes. I just dumped them on a plate. I did put some mild hot sauce on them too. Drank green/raspberry tea. I did use one container of Splenda in a cup of Blackberry-cherry tea. Very good. Probably cold it would taste like koolaid.

Thanks. I know I just need to get my head out of my arse, but it's not easy. But, hey, if it were easy, we'd all look like models, huh?
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 07:35

Default Your Making the effort

if your family tends to eat out a lot and its easier for you then how about making a list of the places you can go that have low carb items and have DH pick a restuarant off the list. and have foods at each restaurant you know you can ahve that you've already researched and thoes are the items you pick from. might take a little leg work on your end but better than worrying what the heck your going to eat every night
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 07:36

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
  #134   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 17:49

Hey guys where are you? how was everyones holiday, how is everyone hanging in? How was the move Joe? Hope everyone is well and enjoying thier Low Carb July!
  #135   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 18:31
I'm Back!

Hi everyone!! Just checking in with Holly to see how everyone is doing. Is everyone out there?? Don't give up now!