Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 18:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/155/140 Female 5-1
BF:
Progress:
Default lets lose some weight quick

I started a meat and egg fast last sunday for three days and I lost 5lbs so I wanted to see if anybody would like to start with me as I am starting sunday morning.It really was not that hard,if I can do it you can do it.one night I had a biggg rib eye steak and the last night I was on it I had baby-back ribs smootherd in o carb walden farms barbeque sauce. I have been on top of the world all week just knowing that I will be able to reach my goal now as I was on a long over two month period stall.Just let me know if you want to try it as am always on the computer on this site. angela
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 03:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Baby!
Stats: 236/172/118 Female 5' 8
BF:Top Secret
Progress: 54%
Smile Count me in!

Hi Angela - I would love to try the meat/egg fast with you. I have been on a 4 week stall, bouncing between the my lowest five pounds, and its so frusterating. I have heard nothing but praises for this short term stall fix. My one question is how about fats/oils for cooking on this diet? I have heard both sides of the argument.

I will keep you updated on my progress.
Thanks for the invite!

Jenny
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 05:41
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

hi,well i tryed to limit my oils as my husband cooked me a omlet and I told him to use pam but a couple times I did eat out and I know when I went to the coffee shop and they made me a omlet that they used some type of oil, I would just use a small amount,when I start up the three day diet this sunday I am going to try to have chicken as several meals as i think this will be better choice because last time I ate a rib-eye steak that was not that lean and another evenimg I had pork-ribs so I figure if I lost 5 lbs in 3 days on that I amy do even better on the chicken,dont you think? angela
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 15:48
Registered Member

Plan: Low carbs, healthy eating
Stats: 154/149/139 Female 5'8.5'
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default I will join too

Count me in.When I was on it last month I lost3 pounds. I am still down 2 but that is all. Haven't been able to lose any on the induction?? I don't have but a little to lose that I gained during the holidays though. My dh is already planning some roast he is cooking for me. Glad he likes to grill out. Lets discuss what we plan to eat. I want to have lots of good things around the houseand will need to go to the store. Last time I was never hungry like on the fat fast where I was starving all day.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Baby!
Stats: 236/172/118 Female 5' 8
BF:Top Secret
Progress: 54%
Smile

I am glad you will be joining us Rosebud! I am so thankful that it is Spring, and we have the outdoor Grill all ready to go. It will make cooking the meat much easier, and give it flavor without having to us any extra sauces. I am planning on hard boiling some eggs, and maybe pre-cooking some chicken to shred for meals. And of course I will throw in a steak for dinner one/two of the nights. Pork Ribs sound good too, as Angela mentioned.

I do have a question if you have done this before. Is it critical to stay above 1200 calories on this meat/egg fast? I would think that may be hard with only eggs/meat. I certainly don't want to go into starvation mode...especially since I have a slow metabolism due to my Thyroid anyway.

Looking forward to breaking my stall!
Jenny
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 21:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default I will be boiling eggs tomorrow like its easter again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyU1976
I am glad you will be joining us Rosebud! I am so thankful that it is Spring, and we have the outdoor Grill all ready to go. It will make cooking the meat much easier, and give it flavor without having to us any extra sauces. I am planning on hard boiling some eggs, and maybe pre-cooking some chicken to shred for meals. And of course I will throw in a steak for dinner one/two of the nights. Pork Ribs sound good too, as Angela mentioned.

I do have a question if you have done this before. Is it critical to stay above 1200 calories on this meat/egg fast? I would think that may be hard with only eggs/meat. I certainly don't want to go into starvation mode...especially since I have a slow metabolism due to my Thyroid anyway.

Looking forward to breaking my stall!
Jenny
thats a good idea to start planning ahead as I am going to start boiling eggs and deviling eggs in the morning so I will have snack food ready for sunday,oh about the starvation mode inform me a little about that.I know that during the three days I was on it I was 1100 first day,1400 the second day and 1200 the third day. angela
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 21:04
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default lets get ready rosebud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1
Count me in.When I was on it last month I lost3 pounds. I am still down 2 but that is all. Haven't been able to lose any on the induction?? I don't have but a little to lose that I gained during the holidays though. My dh is already planning some roast he is cooking for me. Glad he likes to grill out. Lets discuss what we plan to eat. I want to have lots of good things around the houseand will need to go to the store. Last time I was never hungry like on the fat fast where I was starving all day.

I would be glad for you to join in,my honey is going to cook on the grill for me too. yum yum.I love his juicy steaks. angela
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 08:06
Registered Member

BF:
Default calories

Hi group,
I didn't count calories but just tried to eat semi- healthy meat. I even made scrambled eggs the last morning and threw away a couple of yokes. We are off to Krogers to get a fresh turkey we saw on sale yesterday and brine it . The article was in todays paper about how good it makes all meat,even ribs that you cook outside. I am off to yoga but will get back with you all. I pretty much have all the meats planned out. Picked up some pepperoni pieces yesterday that had no carbs. I know they are salty and all but will be great for a snack. Later girls!

Last edited by Rosebud1 : Sat, Apr-02-05 at 11:35. Reason: misspelled word
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 09:33
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default another treat I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1
Hi group,
I didn't count calories but just tried to eat semi healthy meat. I even made scrambled eggs the last morning and threw away a couple of yokes. We are off to Krogers to get a fresh turkey we saw on sale yesterday and brime it . The article was in todays paper about how good it makes all meat,even ribs that you cook outside. I am off to yoga but will get back with you all. I pretty much have all the meats planned out. Picked up some pepperoni pieces yesterday that had no carbs. I know they are salty and all but will be great for a snack. Later girls!

well,I bet that turkey will be good,ya know I thought this fast would be like real torture but its really not if you just get some meats that you enjoy.I have found a new bacon that is great and it has no sugar its called smithfields and it has the best flavor its not all that lean but it did not hender my weight lose because I eat it every day at breakfast and snack. I remember a snack treat that you can have and it is sugar free jello,I would eat about two a day and count it as 1 carb as we must stay at 5 carbs or less on this fast thingy. Do yall know the secret in how to make ribs tender as my husband makes a killer good steak but his ribs are always tough as leather.If you know how to make them tender please tell me what you do. I also thought I would mention that I weighed today with my fingrs crossed tightly hoping I had not gained back the 5lbs I lost on meet and egg fast and I have not gained it back and its been 4 days now so I start my challenge on the meat and egg in the morning,I would just love if I could take it down another 5 that would be 10 lbs in a week,I know that sounds kind of un-healthy dont it but today I have doubled up on my vitimins and I am going to eat lots of veggies.Let me here your menus. angela
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 11:33
Registered Member

BF:

I didn't drink my decaf coffee or diet shasta ( splenda in it) or have my much loved sf jello last time but this time I am, so I can see if it makes a differences. The article today mentioned brining ribs and how much juicer they were. The writer said they didn't need a sauce. If you want, I can scan the article and post it. Let me know if you need it. Well it's a beautiful day in big D and we are off to ride bikes! by for now
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 14:07

Plan: My Own
Stats: 250/233.1/150 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default ME too, Me too, Me too!

I would love to do this too! I have lost 20 lbs but 18 of it was the first month, 2 the second and now nothing for March. I look forward to starting tomorrow morning.

Is it just for 3 days?
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 14:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default we can survive for three days cant we?

I would love to do this too! I have lost 20 lbs but 18 of it was the first month, 2 the second and now nothing for March. I look forward to starting tomorrow morning.
hi, thats sounds great I am fixing to cook my bacon for in the morning now as I am not a morning person at all and that way I can just throw the bacon in the microwave and have my two hard boiled eggs ( already cooked them too) and I will not have to worry about doing anything when I get up but eatting. when wednesday rolls around we will be looking right.dont you know it.keep me posted,angela
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 15:05
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default ribs are a must have for me

[QUOTE=Rosebud1]I didn't drink my decaf coffee or diet shasta ( splenda in it) or have my much loved sf jello last time but this time I am, so I can see if it makes a differences. The article today mentioned brining ribs and how much juicer they were. The writer said they didn't need a sauce. If you want, I can scan the article and post it. Let me know if you need it. Well it's a beautiful day in big D and we are off to ride bikes! by for now.
hi,rosebud I thought would let you know that I would love to get a article on how to make ribs tender and juicy.About your decaf coffee I do not think it will slow your weight lose down,I know ever morning for breakfast during the fast I had a decaf tea and sf jello for dessert. angela
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 15:19
Registered Member

BF:
Default brining ribs

I will get the article scanned and I want to try it too. We have the turkey in the salt water as we speak. I will have it posted later today
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 16:08
Registered Member

BF:

I have the article scanned but now I don't know what to do? I sent it to my email as an attachment and it worked great but this site won't let me do anything with it.If you know how I can get it to you, let me know. It was all about putting your meat covered in water with a quarter cup of salt for each cup of water and keep it in frig for 1 to 2 hours per pound.You can add garlic or other seasonings. She add a fruit 2 drink, peach or orange in place of some of the water. We didn't do that. My dh cooks the ribs first some in the oven covered and then finishes on the grill.