Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 10:37

Plan: Dukan and now Atkins
Stats: 132/124/120 Female 161 cm
BF:22%
Progress: 67%
Default Not just stalling but gaining!

I am trying to loose the last 4 lbs or so. I have really stuck to 20g of carbs or less but I think I may be eating too many proteins, which are then being converted into glucose and thus stored as fat!

I am trying to redress the balance by having more fat and less protein. Can anybody advise as to what the ratio should be? Yesterday I had 73% fat, 24% protein and 3% carbs. Your advise and experience would be greatly appreciated.

I am a 47 year old mother of 10 year old twin girls. I am 5ft 3.5 and weight approx 124lbs. My goal weight is 121lbs. I know it is minimal what I am trying to loose but i have been stuck for 2 months now and sometimes I go to 122lbs but then back up to 125lbs. I also feel that my clothes are getting tighter - but that may be psychological.

Looking forward to a response from the experts!

Thanks, Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 01:56

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnFlan
I am trying to loose the last 4 lbs or so. I have really stuck to 20g of carbs or less but I think I may be eating too many proteins, which are then being converted into glucose and thus stored as fat!

I am trying to redress the balance by having more fat and less protein. Can anybody advise as to what the ratio should be? Yesterday I had 73% fat, 24% protein and 3% carbs. Your advise and experience would be greatly appreciated.

I am a 47 year old mother of 10 year old twin girls. I am 5ft 3.5 and weight approx 124lbs. My goal weight is 121lbs. I know it is minimal what I am trying to loose but i have been stuck for 2 months now and sometimes I go to 122lbs but then back up to 125lbs. I also feel that my clothes are getting tighter - but that may be psychological.

Thanks, Ann

hi there

first of all let me say i know how you fel

this happened to me. i thought i had stalled. All my diet i was on high protein diet. i got down to my last 10 or so lbs and it slowed right down. so i assumed a stall after i read what people said about increasing your fat. I did increase my fat . i tried it for a month and i put on weight. this last week i have been back on my high protein diet and have lost over 4 lbs in a week. Just give it time. it may not even be a stall . did you read the guidlines to what is a stall? i hope this helps

best of luckx
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 02:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi,

The last few pounds are defintely the hardest!! Anyway to get lean, as I was once not AS much now (prefer a few curves) I did what you are doing now. In the Atkins book there is a section on the Kekwick diet ie mainly fats. It was awful but i did it and it shaved off the last few pounds. Basically I ate whipped cream and a few eggs for a week and it fired up the metabolism again. I'm not really recommending - not terribe healthy - but worked for me.

PS are you exercising...you could be adding muscle (good thing!!)
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-11, 05:30

Thanks both of you for your valued advice. I tried high fat but I didn't feel good on it. Next week I am going to try the fat fast - like OceanRoad. I am off on holiday next Thursday and want to feel trim!

I do exercise, but always have done so don't think it is muscle gain - although previous I did low fat high carb and exercised but now with the protein, I suppose my muscles might be building up in any event!

I'll keep struggling on as I know that low fat/high carb is definitely not the answer.

Thanks again,

Ann
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 08:43

Plan: low carb
Stats: 195/174/170 Male 72 inches
BF:22%/15.2%/6 pack!
Progress: 84%

You might consider a thermogenic. I used Oxyelite Pro to bump me off a 6 week stall. Be a discriminating shopper if you decide to buy it or some other thermogenic as there are huge price discrepancies between brick and mortar and online vendors.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with anyone nor do I profit from this opinion.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 09:27

Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnFlan

Thanks, Ann

When you are this small and close to goal and are regaining calories are what you usually need to look at. Many posts from those near goal especially women and how they had to cut some cals to get to goal.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 15:37

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil
When you are this small and close to goal and are regaining calories are what you usually need to look at. Many posts from those near goal especially women and how they had to cut some cals to get to goal.

Totally agree and i have proof.
i am 93 KG and just at where i wanna be but i still wanna loose a bit . I slowed right down but still loosing. Then i read the same thing about too much protein and i auto assumed that this was the reason for the slow down. It was not a stall but i assumed this too . so i went on high fat and lower protein and i put 3 lbs on . i have since been back onto high protein and i am loosing again. everyone is diffrent . and because we have so little to loose i think it is just a matter of calories.

keep your deificit and you will loose regardles of protein consumption

good luck
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-11, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/120.5/110 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 70%

Interested to see how this turned out!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 11:09

I broke my stall by going high protein, medium fat and ...... moving house! My stress levels are so sky high that I am now 1 lb lighter than my goal weight! Don't know if it will last. Am planning to go back to proper Atkins next week.

Will report further once I return to high fat, high protein
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-11-12, 07:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/127/115 Female 5.4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Congrats to you AnnFlan!! I will try to follow your steps as my situation is similar to yours. Want to lose 10-12 lbs and not finding that the scale is moving in the past few couple of months!!