Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 06:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%
Default Beachbody products Forum

I was thinking that since I keep talking about beachbody products on the Firm Forum I might as well start a beachbody thread.

Any of you out there doing Si6, Slim Series, P90, P90x, PHH etc come here and share your successes, your challenges and your thoughts in general.

jenny
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 18:26

I know other people on here are doing these series. Where are you????

Well I did Mix it up today 13 of 36 workouts in the Slim series down. I'm sore like I haven't been in a really long time. I really like this series. I'm not sure why because its no frills, its long and its pretty hard. But I still find myself looking forward to the workouts everyday. To date I've lost 1.5 inches on my waist but only slightly every where else.

I can't wait to start p90x when the Slim SEries is done.

Come on fellow beachbodies....share your stories!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 22:07
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/135/120 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

This is a good idea JBird. I like the SI6...I didn't think I would...for me it is a tough workout. My workout before was running and lifting weights and I was getting bored. What is the Slim series like?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 04:52

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I just ordered P90 off EBAy and can't wait to get it! I wonder if it will make any huge changes after doing the FIRM for a while.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 06:18

12 of 36 done. Did Tone It up today. I really liked it.

I tried my version of TKD today by eating some candy 30 min before the workout (at 6am . I'm not sure if it helped me have more energy or not. I didn't have any Smarties (like a lot of people use) so I used a peppermint and two gum drops. Maybe it was the wrong thing and the wrong amt but just was experiementing because I was reading the TKD thread last night and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for when I start P90x. Apparently you can't stay exactly low carb all the time doing that workout or you will not make it. But while they dont' promote LC at all over at Beachbody I'm seeing if I can find away around it by doing TKD but obviously I need to read more and get educated before the end of the Slim Series.

Shawn- I really like the Slim SEries for a number of reasons. One there are 6 tapes so I get to go through all of them before doing them again. Plus she uses light weights in most of the workouts and a lot of different moves I haven't tried before. I'm used to "heavy" weights and not many reps. She does light weights and a lot of reps. Its just a nice change and my body is really reacting in a good way to it. Si6 is good but as you get used to it you'll want something more because doing the same workout day after day gets soooo boring (atleast for me anyway). I'm thinking of returning mine actually and getting Power Half Hour, not sure yet, I have a few more weeks to decide.

Mamasara - thanks for coming over to "my" thread. I think the "Firmies" may get sick of me talking about these series', but I still plan on keeping up with everyone over there becasue I'll eventually be back in a Firm rotation after SS and P90x. So have you decided what eating plan you'll follow on P90. I was thinking of sticking with just plain ole LC but from what I hear these systems require high energy that "you" apparently don't get form LC alone. any thoughts??

jenny
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 07:10

J-I haven't read anything about the beachbody eating plans. I can't imagine doing anything but low-carb. I'm just one of those people who can't seem to eat any grains or it stops weight loss completely---plus, I just can't stop once I start.

I'll look at their plans when it comes. If anything, I might switch to Somersizing and eat a fat-free carb meal before a workout. OTOH, I've heard some people say that the carbs really don't give them more energy for a workout but make them more sluggish. I just don't know.

I'm really struggling with my energy level these days. All I want to do is sleep--like today---I don't know whether to eat more carbs or fewer. :-(
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 13:09

I just got an email for 15% off at beachbody, it was in the newsletter. I think you get to use that in addtion to the 20% you probably have for being a returning customer. I think my DH might kill me but how can I not take advantage of that?????

I actually do need to order the tower for P90x but its 99 dollars plus 50 for shipping. I'm thinking I should just go buy one at the sports authority. I mean 50 dollars for shipping is a lot. But I guess if I got it there I'd have the discounts....hmmmmmmm. Don't know but I really want to get Power Half Hour. Have any of you looked at that? I guess I should hold off though to see how much I like Tony in P90x.

jenny
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 13:57

What's the tower?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 16:00

Don't worry I don't think you need it for P90. Its a pull up/chin up tower. Apparently there are a lot of those in the P90x. I think I may try to see if I can modify cause I don't know I just think the system is expensive enough much less having to fork out another 150 bucks (with shipping) for accessories (I got it (p90x) in a trade but its the principle of the matter). I think I can only do 3 pull ups anyway. I've heard you can find chairs and put a bar across them and lay flat and pull yourself up. I may try that for awhile.

We'll see.

jenny
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 21:26
Registered Member

BF:

Fourth day of SI6, the leg floor exercises are getting better. I miss running...on my day off from SI6 I will run. It is probably a good thing to take a break from running...I have been doing for 11 years.
I tried the resistance bands again this morning...I still don't like them...I am going to continue to use hand weights.

JBird, are the Slim in Six more difficult than "Burn it up".
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 22:16
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird
I tried my version of TKD today by eating some candy 30 min before the workout

JBird would a piece of fruit better than sugar?
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 00:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/207/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Shawn, you are not kidding, today I did my slim in 6, the ramp it up, I think..anyway, I can't make it all the way through, the leg work on the floor, Burns like there is no tomorrow!!! I also go to the gym and do cybex/circut training 3 days a week, I would like to keep in touch in this thread and see how you are doing on the sI6, as far as inches and everything! Today is my 3rd day doing the video's so were in about the same place. Do you use the ab one?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 06:24

Shawn - Slim Series is probably about the same intensity as Burn it up except there is a lot more resistence with weights in Slim Series than in Si6.

And to answer the question about fruit (fructose) vs candy (sucrose/dextrose etc) I really need to continue to learn about all this but apparently fructose is not the right thing. Like I said I'm still learning but the consensus in most TKD threads is Smarties are the best preworkout "food". I know this is all contrary to everything we've read and do with LC. But when you are training really hard from what I'm learning, LC alone can not sustain you for the duration of the workouts. But the carbs we eat before a workout get used up during the workout and give you the energy to make it through. Has something to do with glucagen(sp?) and muscle breakdown etc. Once again still learning or trying to anyway.

Needless to say today I didnt' do anything with TKD considering my morning workout was the cool it off tape of the SS (I added in - I want that body Abs with Tamilee Web after). But back to cool it off, its an hour of stretching. Let me tell you, I usually blow these kinds of tapes off, but I tell ya Slim Series makes me seriously need this tape. It was such a welcomed break and my muscles feel so much better after.

clgrein - When I was doing Si6 I would do the ab tape rarely because there is no way I could face it right after the hell she put my abs through just on the regular workout. The only way I could even add in the extra was to do it hours later. But like I said I think I did it maybe twice because I switched to Slim Series on day 6 or 7.

jenny
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 15:45

Plan: SugarBusters!
Stats: 205/176/165 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:
Default P90

Hi JBird,

I did Power 90 a few years back for the first 73 days (yes, I gave up with 17 days to go).

Although I didn't really watch what I was eating, I did see some significant changes in my physique during that time. I was impressed. Unfortunately, since then, I really haven't been able to get back into it.

Jon
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 15:51
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:

i was wondering where yall went