Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 05:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266.5/209/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:50%/40%/30%
Progress: 85%
Default Remainder of 2015: Accountability Buddy(ies) Wanted

I've really been struggling since Thanksgiving and would love to finish out the year in a good place. There are tons of goodies to pass up at work and I know it will get worse with holiday parties and events coming up. Anyone interested in checking in daily or every few days for motivation and support?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 06:32

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/169/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I'm in. I have to walk past all the goodies in our breakroom on the way to the bathroom. It's so odd not stopping for a nibble.

I wonder if they are lasting longer because I'm no longer partaking!

I make sure I have sugar free jello at my desk and some 86% chocolate and, of course, plenty of protein in the fridge to stave off any desire that I may have, I haven't succumbed to the treats. I will be strong and let the others who are weak in my office deal with the consequences.

It's not worth it for the brief moment of sugar high. It just means more work for our bodies and minds in the long-run, right?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 17:17

Yes- it's just not worth it! Need to remind myself. Today it was "goodies" from s client in the break room- I didn't go in after they arrived but i heard it was a lot of chocolate covered items. Day 1 going strong!

We can do do this!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-11-15, 11:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 205/173/150 Female 5' 6''
BF:38.79/38.13/30
Progress: 58%

I would love to join you ladies! I have re-started low carb two weeks ago and am going strong. Tough month to start though!

I survived the holiday office party, but am finding the treats (In every single office) tough! I am trying to strategize for Christmas. We host, so I am planning on cooking low carb, that will help!

What are you ladies doing for the holidays ?

Kari
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-15, 08:23

BF:

Still walking past as the goodies change from day to day. I won't go into detail because that doesn't help any of us.

Holidays will be 3 lchf folks, one gluten free person and 6 eat whatever's in sight people... I plan to be prepared as I was at Thanksgiving with great tasting low carb veggies, good protein and plenty of delicious fat!

Stay strong, ladies! We can get through this.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-15, 17:12

Hi! I'm still struggling, I'll be good all or most of the day and then fall apart, mostly due to stress. Well, let's be clear its due to my inability to cope with stress. Anyway I'm back at it today and determined not to make the rest of this year a total carb fest.

Sarah it's great you have fellow LC folks around, hopefully it'll help motivate you.

Kari- what are you going to cook?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-16-15, 11:09

Stress and being tired are the times when I have the least self control. And those two times go hand in hand with the holidays!

I spent the week getting over a cold, the lack of taste and smell made all those treats unappealing this week! I got this

For Christmas I do a ham with carrots and potatoes. I use dt ginger ale to glaze the ham. I eat the carrots, skip the potatoes.

For apps I do devilled eggs, sausage stuffed mushrooms, spinach artichoke dip ( mine with celery) and a low carb fruit / cheese plate - Everyone else brings junk :P. I had a 4 lb whoosh this week so I am really motivated to stay on track. Right now anyways!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-19-15, 17:03

Way to go on the 4 lbs! Your menu sounds great- one of the things I love about low carb is how easy it is to find allowable foods, and substitutions for treats. I made a low carb cheesecake today and plan to eat it when I'm tempted by sugary treats. We got this ladies!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-15, 11:48

Struggling today.
I am avoiding the lunchroom and all it's chocolate spender. A co worker made cookies and made a special batch of gluten free ones just for me... feeling guilty about not eating those. But.... not eating them is my Christmas gift to myself!
I got this!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-15, 12:04

BF:

Had parties over the weekend, but held my ground and was able to pick and choose. Saturday night, I didn't even have to make substitutions. I had roasted Chilean Sea Bass over spaghetti squash and sauteed spinach. It was delish.

Keep the faith!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-15, 12:26

Way to go Sarah!

I wanted to share a couple of new loves quest protein powder in salted caramel or banana. Yum 2 grms carbs. Mix with water and drink, excellent added to coffee (once mixed) and I have added the dry mix to fat bombs. Coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder and banana - yum . They sell them at GNC.

Also Higi.com. You signup on line the find a higi station near you. Each station measures weight, blood pressure and body fat. Good incentive to know what you are loosing is fat! Plus it is free and sends the info to your phone and graphs changes over time. Fun incentives and rewards. Not sure if they have them in your areas ladies but it is worth checking out!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 17:50

Checking in, how is everyone doing?
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-15, 15:14

Ok that protein powder sounds amazing. I found a higi station nearby and may sign up so thanks for the tip!

I'm so proud of you Sarah and Kari!

As for me, I've had a total carb fest and at this point I am starting over on Saturday.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-15, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 320/250/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrie
Ok that protein powder sounds amazing. I found a higi station nearby and may sign up so thanks for the tip!

I'm so proud of you Sarah and Kari!

As for me, I've had a total carb fest and at this point I am starting over on Saturday.

Murrie, I hope this comes across as encouraging

I would encourage you to start right now, not on Saturday. Diets that start on a particular day (usually Monday, lol) don't work nearly as often as diets that start organically when you make the decision in your mind to make the change.

You're way ahead of the game, you want to do this, you've become educated about the right way to diet, not the traditional way and hopefully one of the biggest things you've got going for you is us. We all want to see you succeed.

Go get yourself a New Year's present, some piece of clothing that's a size smaller than you are right now and stick to plan until it fits, it won't take as long as you think, really. That will keep you going, it's huge!

Now, back to the important stuff... what was the recipe for this LC cheesecake you were talking about
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-16, 09:49

BF:

Here's to less of us in 2016.

Get back on track TODAY!

Each time we put food in our mouths, it's a choice. Make the right one.

My best to each of you, KariAnna, murrie and lvin4jc!