Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-15, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I caved in and had poison.2 slices.Too many hours passed by lunch and I was going to be there until 4PM..ate breakfast at about 4AM! So, that is it. Stomach is rebelling!!
Jodi did very well and had great scores.First places. Next show is an important circuit show 3 day show mid Nov.So, JODI is strick on plan until that show!
Havce a goood night see a in the morning
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 08:45

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

TODAY IS SUNDAY, Oct. 25th

BIGGEST WINNER GAME #24 began SUNDAY 10/18/15 and will end with weight SUNDAY 10/25/15

It is OPEN TO ANYONE THAT FOLLOWS DANDR..1972 or 1992
Positive attitudes and a sense of humor is a big help.

Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around!

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! .....NASA (and US!)

WE DO NOT FAIL BECAUSE WE KEEP TRYING,
IT IS NOT THE HAND YOU WERE DEALT BUT THE WAY YOU PLAY THAT HAND THAT COUNTS!

We have learned and keep learning how our bodies adjust to the ever changing dynamics of life. We follow the Philosophies set forth by DR ATKINS in DANDR..1972 or 1992 versions.
It does not get easier as we get to goal and we accept that we will keep trying and not give in to old habits. We move forward, even if we take steps backward, we strive for success.

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Name..................start wt.............current..........#HAVE LOST

Paulette...........222.2...............215.6................6.6*
Cricket................159.8................157.0................2.8

Barb.....................184.4................183.87................0.7

Himi.....................197.4.................197.2................0.2

Chrissie..............171.3...............170.8................0.5

Jodi....................145.0...............141.5.................3.5

Tam....................279.4................277.4.................2.0

Kathy...............151.4...............147.9....................3.5

TOTAL LOSSES

NAME...........started............at #...........AS OF..............at #............lost

Cricket.........11/28/13.........224.0.........10/18/15..........159.8............64.2
(original start 320# 1996 loss 190# 1997....total maintained 163.6)
Kathy...........12/02/13.........235.0........10/18/15...........151.4............83.6

Paulette........02/02/14.........331.8........10/18/15...........222.2..........109.6

Himi.............12/26/14.........294.0.........10/18/15..........197.4...........96.6

Chrissie........01/05/15.........222.2.........10/18/15..........171.3............50.9

Jodi..............01/05/15.........153.0........10/18/15..........145.0..............8.8

Barb.............03/29/15.........212.0........10/18/15...........184.4...........27.6

Tam.............07/11/15..........329.4........10/18/15...........279.4...........50.0

No loss for me today. I guess I reached the end of the flume ride. Perfectly acceptable for me, and I am optimistic that I can actually see further losses this next week! My bleeding seems to have stopped. Or at least it is not flowing like it was. So my hormone therapy must have done something right.

CRICKET - so you caved in to 2 slices. I think that is wonderful control. I don't think in my life that I ever stopped at only 2 slices. So to me that sounds like a victory for you! I only hope the carb additions did not make you too sick. I know you have problems with glutens! I love pizza, but I never was a crust person. Nor a bread person, for that matter. I have not had pizza toppings for at least a year now. The salt and calories and hidden carbs always scare me now. I have never made any of those cauliflower crusts or anything because they just sound downright icky to me. But I WAS considering buying a WF marinara sauce and seeing if I could concoct some sort of Italian pizza casserole that way...never got around to ordering any, but I may consider it next time I do a WF products shopping trip online. It would be a unique treat, as long as I make a very small amount, or I would be temped to eat the whole thing!!!! Tell JODI I said Congrats on the winnings!!!!

TAM - Congrats on the whoosh and further losses!!!! I'm sorry to hear your face cream is giving you a reaction, but happy to hear you discovered the culprit quickly! I have been using the Olay Regenerist products and have had no problems with them luckily. I hope they never decide to react with me as I love them so much! Good luck finding something that works for you. I know many products seem to have the same ingredients, and it could be any one of them as the culprit in your sensitivity!

HIMI - sorry to see the tiny blip, and I hope today you have a nice loss to counteract that one.

BARB - Yay for the tiny loss! I hope your husband's Dr. can work with him on his insulin. And as far as low carb eating goes, it is so logical. It naturally lowers the blood sugar because of decreased carbs and how can a doctor complain about that? Forcing someone to eat carbs just to keep up with insulin sounds crazy to me! You know, men are so lucky when it comes to weight loss. They can cut out one thing and seem to lose miraculously. So even a lightly reduced carb level seems to work wonders for them. (I hate them) I hope you guys can find a simple balance for him!

KATHY - You are having fabulous progress getting back down again! As Usual! You are such a lucky luck luck, I swear! So congrats to you and I hope today gives you another big drop!

CHRISSIE - I think it is time for YOU to have a good whoosh, too! I was wondering if you are posting at the same time as me again as that always seems to be the case. I've been refreshing and checking but I don't see you yet, so I am safe in giving wishes to you for today! Good luck!

-------------

I am going to post a few of my favorite motivational quotes now for your viewing pleasure:

Being fat is not failure just as being depressed is not failure. They are difficult conditions that people manage the best they can.

If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.

There will come a day when you will look down at the scale, and after a moment of calculating, it will settle on your goal weight.

Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person you were yesterday.

A huge part of losing weight is believing you can do it and realizing it’s not going to happen overnight.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, but still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track…that’s the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

When you feel like quitting, think of all the reasons you started.

You all have a great Sunday and I hope all your teams win! Packers have a bye-week. So I hope the rest keeps them in top winning condition!
  #108   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 10:01
Registered Member

BF:

BIGGEST WINNER GAME #24 began SUNDAY 10/18/15 and will end with weight SUNDAY 10/25/15

We have learned and keep learning how our bodies adjust to the ever changing dynamics of life. We follow the Philosophies set forth by DR ATKINS in DANDR..1972 or 1992 versions.
It does not get easier as we get to goal and we accept that we will keep trying and not give in to old habits. We move forward, even if we take steps backward, we strive for success.

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Cricket................159.8................158.0................1.8*

Tam....................279.4................277.4.................2.0

TOTAL LOSSES

NAME...........started............at #...........AS OF..............at #............lost

Cricket.........11/28/13.........224.0.........10/18/15..........159.8............64.2
Kathy...........12/02/13.........235.0........10/18/15...........151.4............83.6

Paulette........02/02/14.........331.8........10/18/15...........222.2..........109.6

Himi.............12/26/14.........294.0.........10/18/15..........197.4...........96.6

Chrissie........01/05/15.........222.2.........10/18/15..........171.3............50.9

Jodi..............01/05/15.........153.0........10/18/15..........145.0..............8.8

Barb.............03/29/15.........212.0........10/18/15...........184.4...........27.6

Tam.............07/11/15..........329.4........10/18/15...........279.4...........50.0
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 10:20
Registered Member

BF:

PAULETTE.... everything you said I will say DITTO TO!
You WILL continue to lose weight of course. NOT A DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT YOU WILL SUCCEDD AND SUCEED FOR LIFE!

Gotta say that I felt good about the 2 really skimpy slices..especially considering they put 4 boxes right in front of me ! In the old days I would have eated 3 of the boxes myself! I AM a bread lover. The WF Pasta sauce is good. Make some oppsies for your crust or as you base for lasagna type dish. I did get a small piece of mozerella the other day for the sole purpose of pelting with the sauce! I plan to use the sauce as a base for some chicken marsala dish..add some garlic cloves and muxhrooms and a few scallions too! would be great..maybe then baked with the mozerella over it for a chicken parm! If you like to cook and fuss, then this is right up your alley.. me, I'll melt some cheese in a bowl and add a table of sauce LOL

AM.. your VOLS lost to MY TEAM and I have to say that it was way to close and we made far too many stupid mistakes. Your team DID have a great defensive line! it was close! I came in at half time and nearly fainted at the 7-7 score!!
FUnny to see Manning in his old uniform on the side lines with his mouth hanging open though Good thing you caught the reason for the allergic reaction. Chances are good that they changed an ingredient. Why not call that hot line # the products always include and have a chat. The folks are always nice and helpful and you might just get some free products out of it as well.
Carl is workingout and has always liked to do that.He just has always been too busy here, but if he can get into the habit of getting to PF early before work, or working out here before work he will be able to fit in more. He has been staying up late playing solitaire and games on the computer.Now he will putter in the evenings and exercise in the mornings. And if he actually cuts way back on the COORS, life will be good!

AS usual, today's weigh will be the start weight for our next personal challenges. PAULETTIE, you are the all time winner for not just the pounds but for determination.
TAM, you have been such a welcome addition to the rest of the team. HIMI and BARB have added wonderful dimentsions to the team as in support..not SIZE LOL! AS for the teeter-totter ride.. wonderful thing about this Playground... the rides see us as all equal there are no obese people here on the rides. It weighs our determination and desires. It weighs our support, and with that in mind, all i see are beautiful healthy team mates holding hands on this very hard journey!

Sorry not to comment on everyone separaptely.. I do seriously feel that POLLY has said it all!

I am up 1 pound and that is fine. I am down for the week.!
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 11:13

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)
Progress: 50%

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Tam....................279.4................277.4.................2.0*

TOTAL LOSSES

No gain, no change...a NSV for me. Today is my Panthers, hoping they keep their undefeated record. I know my Bronco's will, because they have a bye.

Paulette: Great NSV, staying the same, always better than going up. And congrats on winning the game this week, you deserve it more than any of us. I think you won unless someone has a huge whooshie.

I agree with everything you say and I love your motivational quotes...may have to steal a couple. I also want to say that I haven't added any LC recipes, that are copies of my carby favorites, this time around. I truly think that has helped me with my continued losses. I can over eat anything, even LC. By keeping my meals simple (no breading (even fake), sauces, or gravy) I don't have the urge to over eat. Some might think it is boring but that's ok, it keeps me on track.

Cricket: Great job on keeping it to only two slices...I could never do that. See above for explanation. Sorry you are up a lb...but I'm sure you will come back down.

Please tell Jodie congrats on her wins!

I didn't really think we would beat your Bama, but it sure was fun watching my Vols keep in the game. It was a NSV (Non Score Victory) for my Vols.
My hubby and I kept saying they ought to put that Number 16 in the game, he looked like he could play some ball. I loved seeing Peyton there supporting our Vols. I wonder if he might come back to UT to coach after he retires?

I might check into the Lancôme CS and see if they will refund or let me exchange it for another product. I hate it, because I really love their stuff. Thank you Cricket, I have enjoyed getting to know everyone, and I like your teeter totter analogy.

I will try and check in later...

Last edited by Tamoney : Sun, Oct-25-15 at 12:20.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 13:47
Registered Member

BF:

Hi TAM~~ who care what anyone thinks! You cannot eat more boring than I do! I do it becasue i am too alzy to fuss now. Never did like breading.. just the BREAD It is good that you are seeing what triggers you had then and are avoidning them now. Identifying triggers and following through is the biggest part of staying healthy. (note: I do not stay stay thin.. goals are to be healthy and the weight loss of unhealthy pounds is making it work).
Saw the re-make of the RAVEN.. very good. THE ORIGINALS disc came in and I watched that today so all others can catch up whenever.. there is a VD here waiting and I will pop that in as well.
Cleaned up the front porch.. dead plants in the window boxes had to go. So they are Hosed off the deck and moved some plants around. WIll be finding room for them indoors nest. The Palms should be replanted and do need serious ferilizer before they are moved. TIme to dig put the grow bulbs for them.THe house light is inadequate for the tropical plants.
PAULETTIE>> thought of y ou as I was pulling out the root balls from the window box planter.. was thinking " how the hell does Paulette do this for all those bulbs!" LOL
Will ask Car to ready the mowers for me. I want to get to the MD for my FLY shot early in the morning and then return to mow. The weather is due to get miserable mid week thanks to that hurricaine.Just rainy though. We are not near the coast and too far inland YEA
Good wishes to all here, and hope you that are in other groups do invite folks following this plan to join you ere. More is fun. We had over 20 last year!!! OF course it is easier to gather numbers when on the Atkins site! BTW... I have not even been able to get on the site at all. ALL goes to FB crap.. and my lonk just sits there and spins.
I was wondering if some older ex team mates had ventured there.
I am reading this stuff without any glasses...vision is shifting to really good to really blurred! It will clear I have faith!
Be back later to do the new chart as soon as all have posted..I do not expect Jodi to even weigh in since she has been up and riding for hours and hours already. She did return to plan last night
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 16:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/157.1/139 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Kathy...............151.4...............146.6....................4.8*

TOTAL LOSSES

Sorry for the drive by but my parents are giving Dakoda and his girlfriend (Julia) a going away BBQ since they leave for China on Halloween. BBL
  #113   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 16:46

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Chrissie..............171.3...............170.6................0.7*

TOTAL LOSSES

hi
down 0.2 today......better than nuttin' honey
had a great night....busy busy day today

everyone did great this game
  #114   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 19:03

Plan: Atkins72, mostly
Stats: 294/178.6/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Himi.....................197.4.................197.4................0.0*

Chrissie..............171.3...............170.6................0.7*

TOTAL LOSSES

Up a tiny bit this AM to make my loss for the week a big 'ol ZERO! But its all good-- We went out to a Korean BBQ last night with a large group of friends, and honestly I am surprised I didnt gain more-- I ate on plan as much as I could, as far as what I could figure out, but there may have been ingredients I didnt know about in some of the sauces-- which I barely had-- but even though I avoided questionable stuff as much as possible, there is no doubt that I ate a fair amount of lettuce, and the meal was full of salt AND it was late, so I am happy with where I am! Plus its par for the course according to my biological weight clock to be bouncing around right now anyway

2 NSVs this weekend--
Saturday I went to the local hay auction -- have not been going alot lately because we we put up some hay on the farm that i was using up, but I wanted some big rounds for the 2 mares. I have been going to this same hay auction off and on for 6-7 years and know many of the "regulars" by sight, and we chat about animals and etc between bidding. I had my big doggie with me-- he has been going with me for his whole life as well, since he was a puppy. I saw a lady who I have chatted with, and I smiled and said hi-- she looked confused, then realized it was me-- she said OMG I thought I recognized your dog but until you said something I didnt know it was you-- you look GREAT! WOW! This is the first person who hasnt recognized me, it was kinda cool

The second one was at church. I have a friend who is originally from Germany-- they have lived in the USA for quite awhile, and every so often they have relatives come from Germany to visit. Her mom is in town right now. At the end of the church meetings she stopped me and motioned her mother to come over-- she translated for her mother, who had not seen me for about a year-- she said her mother wanted to tell me that she had noticed how much weight I had lost and she was amazed and proud of me and my efforts-- and mom gave me a hug, all smiles. It was very touching.

Its been a good game this week-- glad that Cricket you are getting more clarity in your sight, and had a loss for the week and resisted for the most part the siren song of the bread... ......, and nice to hear about Jodi's successes in the show ring AND for her losses, and that she is back on plan. Kathy you are killin it getting back into range! Barb good on you to have a loss even with the changes and stresses with Bob's health and job change-- It can be hard to keep things moving the right direction when you are busy taking care of everyone else! Chrissie a little loss is still a loss!! Tam i hate that you are having to give up a product you like, but if it makes you puffy and hold water then i guess its good riddance! You have had such a good week otherwise. I am especially happy for you Paulette that you finally got some relief and saw some big losses to hopefully launch your return to the slide again soon! LOVE the quotes, thanks for sharing <3
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 19:04
Registered Member

BF:
Default A-TEAM Game #25~~SUN-SUN..come join us in DADR~DANDR

TODAY IS MONDAY Oct. 26th

BIGGEST WINNER GAME #25 began SUNDAY 10/25/15 and will end with weight SUNDAY NOV.1st 2015

WE ARE THE A-TEAM!

Paulette...........215.6...............215.6................x.x
Cricket................159.8................158.0................x.x

Barb.....................183.8................183.87................x.x

Himi.....................197.2.................197.2................x.x

Chrissie..............170.6...............170.6................x.x

Jodi....................141.5...............141.5.................x.x

Tam....................277.4................277.4.................x.x

Kathy...............146.6...............146.6....................x.x

TOTAL LOSSES

Cricket.........11/28/13.........224.0.........10/25/15..........158.0............66.0

#116   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-15, 19:17
Registered Member

BF:

OY..HIMI you posted while I updated so you start weight is not correct. Please go to the new thread and adjust the weight there PLEASE
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...142#post9059142

I think you are right and this has been a very good game. We have been through a lot. AND you NSV are wonderful! It is good when s omeone doesn't even recognise you! WOW. Sometimes, people just do not really SEE us when we are fat..jus that nice fat person. Now they will get to know you better. Your determination to achieve is there and just careful eating..you are doing very well and getting the gob done!

I posted the new therad with whatever lines were here so please adjust the numbers where needed to be today's weight
Have a great night..Oh I actually had a large slald with cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes some shredded cheese too. Got tired of eating fried eggs for my dinner. I am full and can use the bulk. Have to say I did not enjoy the greens!

G'nite
Closed Thread