Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 03:17

Plan: Aaah So Many!
Stats: 125/125/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Is Carbing up the right way to go? *Please help* (15 Year old Football Player)

Alrighty then.
Just started Low Carbing, This was day 2 and also one of the days I have my During Summer Football practices. I was worried about my energy levels, so I took one of those Carb Watchers Lean Body Bars.. partly cause although they list only a certain ammount of low carbs, they actually have more. So I took that as my pre-workout Carb up I guess..

I also ran the fastest I ever ran on the timed 20's

However, With Football Season coming up and me continuing my weight training I am worried about what way I should go. My main reason to go on this Low carb shiznack was to get cut up and more deffined, as I am not overweight, just got a small ammount of padding (when I lie down I can see a six pack, but when I get up I can only see one if I strain real hard)

So being an active Teenager who lifts weight and plays Football I am wondering if I should stay in this low carb thing for like 2 more weeks then when Football begins start Carbing up. Or should I just have a small Carb up before each workout?

I really don't want to lose any strength, speed or eneregy levels so I'm looking to you guys for some help.

Thanks guys,
Shiz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 05:12

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default no

Athletes in thier competitive seasons should not be low-carbbing. You may want to experiment with the level of carbs you are comfortable with and keep carbs to a minimum, but I would not advise you to do strict LC.

An idea: Maybe have carbs at lunch, and then again as a post-practice/game supplement (protein and carb shake, or meal).

See how you feel (performance, energy, etc) and judge it from there.

Welcome to the CKD forum, ShizNit. LOL. Nice name Snoop.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 09:41
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Default HAHA...

Quote:
Low carb shiznack

-OH MAN, that is precious.... hahaha....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 09:53

Plan: Aaah So Many!
Stats: 125/125/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Okay the thing is...

Alright, so if I low Carb for the rest of the summer and then start back to more regular eating when I get back to school will I soon see a huge ammount of inches on the waistline?

- Shiz
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 10:22
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Alright, so if I low Carb for the rest of the summer and then start back to more regular eating when I get back to school will I soon see a huge ammount of inches on the waistline?

-No, rather, you'll see the scale gradually move up. However, it's primarily water/glycogen so don't let it freak you out.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 19:54

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi all,

Just the question I wanted to see......

I have an 18 year old senior....6"2 and 260 pds. He is strong as a horse but has a big gut. Def. Guard
He will be attending several football camps this summer and in preparing for the next season is lifting and doing sprints during the summer.
He would like to get rid of that gut to make him quicker on the line but not weaker.
He has requested me to put him on atkins as my husband and I are doing.
I lift also and can tell that it has influenced my performance in the little time I have been LCing.

I am concerned that this may not be right for him, yet I would like to see him get off the junk, which LC-ing def. makes do, in fact it makes cravings go away.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bubu
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 13:21
Contributing Member

Plan: CKD - TKD
Stats: 270/265/240 Male 70 in
BF:
Progress: 17%

i think the biggest concern for teenage athletes are their diet, they need the carbs and protein to sustain their active lifestyle and growing bodies, but just gotta keep an eye on not over-eating carbs (or junk food).....

trainerdan has a very good suggestion....