Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 00:58

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 174/163/105 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Fell Down....

Before I started Atkins (about a month ago) I had problems with emotional eating but I was really surprised and happy to notice that my cravings for high sugar junk food had almost disappeared.
BUT I've had cravings for CARBS for a few days now and yesterday I had cookies and chips!! I feel so bad..... should I just keep eating Atkins style until I lose the weight?? I just don't know if I can keep on doing it....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 09:46

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Minty, I don't think there's anyone here who can honestly say that they have never slipped up. Don't be so hard on yourself, and no, don't give up. You haven't failed until you quit trying!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 12:43

Plan: Was Paleo...now Zero Carb
Stats: 270/213/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 57%

If I may, I'd like to quote my grandfather:

"When you fall of the horse, you have to get back on...or you'll never get anywhere."

(He was from OK so he was big into horse metaphors)

One slipup isn't going to kill you - it's happen to all of us. What matters is what you do AFTER the slip-up. Do you give up? Or do you get back up there and try again? Your choice!

Anne
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-11, 07:44

Plan: Atkins Induction... AGAIN
Stats: 160/160/120 Female 5ft 4in
BF:41
Progress: 0%

I fall down around once a month - usually TOTM.

But after a day or two I get back on it... Yes it slows me down but not as much if I allow myself the 2 days. I've found that when I allow myself to eat it, I generally dont want it !
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 09:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 392/289/200 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 54%

As my hs football coach used to say "Don't let your last bad decision affect your next good one."

Also remember that you have been on this lifestyle long enough that the carbs will not have as bad an impact on your metabolism. Dust yourself off and keep rolling.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 10:33
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyshiny
Before I started Atkins (about a month ago) I had problems with emotional eating but I was really surprised and happy to notice that my cravings for high sugar junk food had almost disappeared.
BUT I've had cravings for CARBS for a few days now and yesterday I had cookies and chips!! I feel so bad..... should I just keep eating Atkins style until I lose the weight?? I just don't know if I can keep on doing it....

Don't feed the cravings. They're like trolls, they just come back for more.

If you need a treat, go down to the cooking forums and make one LC, only if it doesn't reawaken the trolls.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 11:14

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyshiny
should I just keep eating Atkins style until I lose the weight?? I just don't know if I can keep on doing it....

So are you thinking of low carb as a temporary diet until you lose the weight? Then what? As others have posted, the occasional bit of sugary starchy crap isn't the end of the world, but permanent success requires staying away from it as much as possible as a permanent way of life. When I occasionally think about that stuff, I find that a teaspoon of coconut oil takes the thought away. Maybe it's a combination of the fat being satisfying and the sweetish taste of the coconut. Here's wishing you long term success. You can do it!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 14:50

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 211/177/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Keep going, one slip up is no reason to quit! Next time try to keep the treats "legal" so that even if the amount goes overboard it's not a total loss. (pork rinds are a great sub for chips, and super dark chocolate is decadent without the super-sugar rush/crash)
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 15:18
Registered Member

Plan: custom
Stats: 196/191/175 Male 73"
BF:
Progress:

If you do it until you lose the weight, then what's to stop you from gaining all the weight back after you start eating carbs again? The reason most diets fail is because they are temporary. If you can't go relatively low-carb for life, then you will probably fail on Atkins.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 18:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/162/150 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:too high
Progress: 77%

It's never to late, just get up dust yourself off, and get back on plan......