Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 15:49

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Hola a todos, (meaning Hello everybody.) (I am learning Spanish)

Last Friday, I was very excited to see a 2 ½ lb. loss! However, on Saturday, I was up 1 ½ lbs. Subtracted from the 2 ½, the net loss this month is 1 lb. This seems to be my pattern – a loss, a gain, but not quite as high as my initial weight. Funny how we are all so different in the ways our bodies operate. Anyway, in almost two months, I have lost 2 whole lbs. At this rate, it will take over a year to lose 15 lbs. Although I would like it to be speedier, this pace is better than nothing. Hopefully, it will steadily continue slowly but surely.

I wish everyone a very happy Independence Day!

Sherri
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 21:21

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi everyone!

That actually looks like a pretty good size pool Paulette! I went in my blowup pool with my granddaughter today. She really loves that thing!

Busy day playing with my granddaughter today. Now I am exhausted, playing with kids all day is hard work. I also went shopping at Costco today (madhouse as usual). Quick trip to,return books that were due yesterday.

Eats today: 1) turkey burger and asparagus
2) baked Parmesan chicken & cottage cheese

Lots of iced coffee & iced tea!

Hola Sherri, I’m a slow loser too! It took forever to get to goal & maintaining is steady, but as much as I’d like to lose more it ain’t happening!

What you up to Berni? it’s good to see you posting!
  #273   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 04:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy INDEPENDENCE Day, Ladies!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific day in every single way possible! And safe travels if you are out and about today!

I need to do some serious catching up!

Paulette:
HUGE Congrats on being 16 lbs to goal! Woot! Woot!

I totally LOVE your avatar! You are so beautiful and you've got an amazing SMILE!

I also love your pool! I should think about getting me one... do you empty it everyday and refill it when you want to use it again?? How big is your pool? I want dets, lady!

Sherri:
¡Hola!

That's so cool that you're learning Spanish! I speak it a little (I lived in Seville, Spain for 4 years), my first language is French, English is my second language... anyhoo...

HUGE Congrats on your weight loss, Woot! Woot!

I think I know why you may not be losing as quickly as you like.

At 5' 6" & current weight of 142, your BMI is 22.9, indicating your weight is in the Normal category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 115 to 154 pounds.

Always blows my mind what the weight range is for "normal" weight!

So, since you're already "normal" weight, that could explain why it's slow going in the weight loss department...

De:
Sounds like your getting your $$$ worth from the new blow-up pool. Are you guys still thinking about getting a "real" pool for next summer?

You are making such wonderful memories with your grandkids!

Have a grand time at your DS & DDIL today!

Berni:
Hey, girlie!

Me:
Staying out of trouble! Keepin' myself busy, sewing, knitting, guitar playin', readin' etc. Still have 4.5 weeks off until my 1st in-service day...

Gotta call in again for jury duty Friday evening... they seem to like me b/c I've been picked both times to serve on the jury. I really don't mind, sure makes for interesting days since I really have nothing else pressing to do! Jury duty obligation ends 31 August.

WOE/WOL Front:

Still groovin' on the tuna (btwn Beri and me, we are keepin' the tuna industry alive and well! )...

Totally 100% OP in all aspects = eating + exercising exactly spot on! Can't ask for more than that!
  #274   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 10:44

BF:

Happy 4th of July!!!

I hope everyone has some fun stuff planned for today 🇺🇸

We are going to our son’s house this evening for festivities. My DDIL has her house all decorated and bought a load of fireworks for the kiddos to enjoy. A bunch of my DDIL’s family with be there too, most came in from CA yesterday.

There will be LOTS of food, including many LC selections so family, food, fun & fireworks!

Thanks for the fireworks Jo! My first of the day!!!

Enjoy the holiday!
  #275   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 11:41

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello All,

Happy 4th of July!

Did the 5K walk today! First time without my kids but I had a good time. Watched the parade and then went swimming at community pool only 25 cents today!
De... your day sounds spectacular!
Have a wonderful Independence Day holiday and take care of yourself!
  #276   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 11:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Finally posting my presence

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking for awhile. Seems like it took me the whole month of June to read through all the posts!
I've been trying to start (again) but have been under A LOT of stress at work. I work as a medical assistant at a private clinic in the PNW. My assigned provider is a part-owner so when he gets stressed he likes to bite my head off about things I can't control. It's become equivalent to living in an abusive relationship, I never know when it's going to happen so I'm always on edge.
I'm trying hard to find a way back to A'72 but I'm emotional eater so I self-sabotage after an "eventful" day.
I too am hypothyroid, Hashimoto's to be precise. If you don't know what that is, it's an autoimmune disease where my body attacks my thyroid and destroys it. Thanks body
I recently was strict keto (similar to A'72 but with more food choices) lost almost 20 pounds despite the stress in my life but then my mom had life-saving surgery on Memorial Day. She was just sent home from the hospital last Friday. June was a terrible month for me. I stopped eating keto because I couldn't stick to it when spending days in the hospital or driving over an hour there to see her after a full day of work. I gained the almost 20 pounds back.
Lurking and reading through all the positive posts was a quiet time in my life. I love how everyone here is so supportive and accepting of each other. Thank you for being there for me when you didn't even know it
I'm going to mentally prepare the rest of this week to start on Saturday. I figure this weekend will be rough since I've basically just been eating carbs.
Happy Independence Day everyone!!
  #277   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 18:27

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Happy July 4th...love the fireworks!

Congrats Paulette! Your persistance inspires me. Your picture is beautiful and you look very near an ideal weight. I did not know cupcakes float!

Berni, very cool you did the 5K!

Welcome Lils. You will find this a good place to be. Tell us more what you plan to eat.

Have fun with your kids, De!

Jo, Happy unCarb Anniversary tomorrow; very impressive!

As for me, I am thinking of counting calories. Never have done that but it is time to figure this out. I have a life ahead and do not want to be thick-middled the whole time. I am walking and hiking and getting hungrier.

It is so so so hot and muggy here. Friday is supposed to cool down and I cannot wait!
  #278   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 11:41

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Hi everyone,
Oh, gosh. I guess I wasn’t clear about my weight. I weighed 142 lbs., having 7 lbs. to go (I was shooting for 135) when I let myself stray from my WOE. I would be delighted to weigh 142 again, but instead I weigh 157; therefore needing to lose those 15 lbs. that I gained back in order to return to 142. Also, my original goal was 135, but I never reached that. That is why that thing at the bottom of my posts says 7 lbs. to go – haha – don’t I wish.

Another thing I recently learned was to watch out for sugarless gum and mints. I have noticed that, while they might be no calorie, they are 1 to 2 gms carbohydrate. I have been advised to chew gum to help acid reflux, especially in the evening, but after reading the labels, I’m in a quandary. Several pieces of gum can be up to 6-8 carbs, and I don’t really relish adding carbs in that way. Dang!! There’s always something…..

Have a scrumptious day.
Sherri
  #279   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 14:30

BF:

Doing the happy dance

I’m a bit shocked to say the least. I just got the best blood test results from my doctor than I’ve ever had in my adult life. I don’t know why, but I’ll take it.

I really can’t figure it out, but I have no H’s next to any of my numbers. That means nothing is high like it usually is. I’m happy but weirded out! I even said “Are you sure those are my numbers?”. The doctor said yes as he went over the results with me. I think my eyes were popping out. I might have said wow a few times.

The biggest change for me is increased exercise. Could that be the difference? I haven’t lost any weight due to the exercise, but I feel better.

#280   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 15:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri2
Hi everyone,
Oh, gosh. I guess I wasn’t clear about my weight. I weighed 142 lbs., having 7 lbs. to go (I was shooting for 135) when I let myself stray from my WOE. I would be delighted to weigh 142 again, but instead I weigh 157; therefore needing to lose those 15 lbs. that I gained back in order to return to 142. Also, my original goal was 135, but I never reached that. That is why that thing at the bottom of my posts says 7 lbs. to go – haha – don’t I wish.

Another thing I recently learned was to watch out for sugarless gum and mints. I have noticed that, while they might be no calorie, they are 1 to 2 gms carbohydrate. I have been advised to chew gum to help acid reflux, especially in the evening, but after reading the labels, I’m in a quandary. Several pieces of gum can be up to 6-8 carbs, and I don’t really relish adding carbs in that way. Dang!! There’s always something…..

Have a scrumptious day.
Sherri

Hi Sherri, you might want to fix it so it shows your correct weight, less confusing that way!

It is tricky sometimes to figure out those hidden carbs.
  #281   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 16:03

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello again everyone! It is so nice to see new posts and new people.

Hi LilsMommy! I lost fast when I had a ton of weight to lose, but now it is slower. I strangely go for days or even weeks with nothing, then suddenly drop a couple lbs. Recently I have dropped a couple. I am down another .2 lbs since Tuesday! So I suspect I will not see another drop for a while now as my body recoups. And when I go down a lb, then up the next day, I know it is just water flux, so I ignore it. Your lowest weight is your lowest weight. As long as you are not cheating, you are not gaining fat. Just water fluxing in and out of the body.

JO - my pool is 12' x 30" or so deep. I have a filter, so it keeps the pool fresh. I add bleach to it daily and it stays clean and healthy. If you are interested, be sure to buy the INTEX brand. Some of those cheap versions are pieces of poop. Do not buy them. Pay the extra couple bucks to get an INTEX. I love the size. It is easy to clean! And thank you for your sweet compliment on my avatar. I figured it was time to update it.

DE - congrats on the perfect blood! Your exercise seems to work wonders for you!

OHAMY - Thank you too for your compliment. And my floating cupcake never gets soggy! And it is funny - I am considered overweight, but I feel normal - floating around in my extra skin!

I had some leftover pizza toppings this morning, yum! But later I am frying up a ground turkey patty with cheese and onions for dinner. Not hungry now as I had the biggest cup of joe from KwickTrip, and it filled me to the brim.

It is so bright and sunny today. Really a gorgeous clear day! Crispy and contrasty, no haze in the sky at all. I hope your days are just as nice. I will talk at you all tomorrow, I hope!
  #282   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 03:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Friday, Ladies!

Wishing everyone a totally fab-tastic day in every.single.way possible!

LilsMommy:
Welcome to our lil' corner of the forum!

Wow sounds like you've had a lot on your plate lately. Hope your mother is doing well.

Wishing you much success on your journey to better health!

Amy:
Quote:
Happy unCarb Anniversary tomorrow; very impressive!
I like that, the "unCarb Anniversary"!

To be perfectly honest with all of you, I can hardly believe I've been this successful for this long.

I've NEVER ever done that before with all my half-assed attempts (3 decades worth) at A '72.

I know I just wasn't ready to give up those toxic carbs...KWIM?
Quote:
As for me, I am thinking of counting calories. Never have done that but it is time to figure this out. I have a life ahead and do not want to be thick-middled the whole time. I am walking and hiking and getting hungrier.
I have to watch my kcals as well. So, Imma there with ya, sista!

Sherri:
Quote:
Gotcha! I was going by what your profile said... I UNDERSTAND now!

And yep, gotta be careful of those SF gums and mints... granted they don't have a lot of carbs but they do add up...

De:
WOW WOW WOW!!!! HUGE CONGRATS on your last blood test results!

Just musing, but: How come we seem to be suspicious about "good" news and rarely blink an eye about the bad? KWIM?

And your good blood test results could be a combination of many many things... just keep doing what you're doing! You've GOT THIS, my friend!

BTW De, I 💚 your new avatar! How cool to see my cactus blooms as your avatar! Sweet!

Paulette:
Thanks for the info about your pool. I'll see if I can find one in my quaint lil' burg!

Berni:
Hope you and yours are doing well! Miss ya when you don't post daily!

Me:
Got up stupid early this morning! I foresee a siesta later today with the furbaby. The ex-bf will drop Chico off this am before his dialysis...

Did yard work yesterday morning (mowed, weeded etc). "Got 'er done" before it got too stinkin' HOT!

Still working on the petal pink knitted baby afghan as I pedal and watch youtube vids. Gosh, I love "Free" entertainment!

Imma almost finished with the afghan.

Reading book 7 out of 9 (Crime of Passion) of the Joe Dillard series by Scott Pratt. Really an amazing series... I highly recommend it!

Not too much going on here today... SOSAD, which is great!

Will continue to work on the baby afghan, read some, play guitar etc.

And I have to call in today after 5:15 pm to see if I have to go in for jury duty on Monday...

Stayin' 100% OP, no problems with eating properly & exercising ~ no cravings or temptations! Totally 💚 love that about my WOE/WOL!
  #283   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 11:54

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello 👋 all,

De...What an outstanding report from your labs!
I think the exercise helps us but I also don’t lose weight at all from exercise!
Amy.... I have to watch kcal, carbs, and calories. I also limit my protein to 8 ounces a day! Otherwise I can gain even on plan food!
Paulette... Beautiful avatar!
Jo... I here and a belated congratulations 🎊 on 5 years of your independence from Carbs! What an accomplishment!
Hello 👋 to Lilsmom and Sherri!
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #284   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-18, 06:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Saturday, Ladies!

Just a quick drive by to wish everyone a totally spectacular day in every.single.way. possible!

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... I here and a belated congratulations 🎊 on 5 years of your independence from Carbs! What an accomplishment!
Thanks, my friend, sure means a lot coming from you since you know how vigilant we have to be to stay where we are!

Me:
Finished the petal pink baby afghan yesterday... still need to take a pic so I can post it on my knitting webpage and in my journal.

Starting another one in Aran (off-white color)... I guess I've been bitten by the knitting bug!

Called in to the automated jury duty number last night ~ yep, gotta go in for that on Monday. Don't know if I'll get picked or not... we'll see...

Have a few things to do on my w/e "to-do" list and Imma fini...

Will knit and pedal whilst watching youtube vids today, as usual!

Have 2 guitar kiddos coming in this afternoon (my regular Monday guitar kids) but since I don't know what's happening as far as jury duty, best get 'em done today! And it's only for 1 hour (30 mins each).

SOSAD on my WOE/WOL, not a complaint!

Still 💚 loving my tuna salad (mayo, dill relish & jalapeño relish) with my usual leafy green salad!

Life is so GOOD!

Onward, my LC friends!
  #285   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-18, 14:25

BF:

Kickin’ back Saturday!

Hi All...taking it easy today. Just doing a little cleaning and sorting today.

Everything else SOSAD

I just ate my first meal of the day. Had chicken salad in lettuce wraps and iced tea. Good filling meal without eating too much!

Jo, is jury duty once a week all summer? Guess they like you

Paulette & Bernie...thanks, yeah exercise does help! It’s a good thing. Just didn’t realize it would help that much. 🙏🏼 I continue to have such good results.

Lilsmommy...welcome & keep posting! Atkins 72 is keto too. Just different names for the same thing.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!