Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  !! 60 pounds in 3 months

View Article Article tools
  #16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, SB since
Stats: 235/221/200 Male 72
BF:21%/19%/16%
Progress: 40%
Default Inspiration

Congratulations! Your weight loss is inspiring. I am just starting out and weigh 265, I hope to have half the good results you did. Could you give me example meal plan? Did you lift weights at all? Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 14:41

Plan: Atkins since March 2, 05
Stats: 205/193/135 Female 5ft 8 1\2 inches
BF:Have no Idea
Progress: 17%

atmasters,
I think you have done great! Congrats on the weight loss. Your wife should be really proud of you! I gained about 65 pounds with my daughter whom was 8lbs 7ozs at birth three and a half months ago. I am so very depressed and have been on and off Atkins since the begining of March. I now weigh 205 when I was 234 the day she was born. I lost down to 205 after she was born then began LCing and got down to 195 and yo yoed till now I am presently off of Atkins and weigh 200. I have a 15 year old son and a 12 year old daughter and we are filing for custody of my 11 year old step daughter so my problem is that I just can't afford this WOE anymore and everyday that goes by I get more and more depressed. Your story was very inspiring considering I am or would like to lose as much weight as possible before we try again for our last child together (we got Jenny now we want Christopher ) in about 2-3 months before my husband goes to Iraq but I am out of resources. What kinds of things did you eat and what did you avoid that gave you such success? I guess I am looking for advice and options if you have any. When I started in March I actually lost 15 pounds the first two weeks but then stalled and went on and off Atkins from there till now I feel like a lost cause. Any help would be great. You achieved a goal that I have so that I can get pregnant again. If I don't lose this weight first I will definately be a balloon with the next one and I am going to be 35 in May and to wait to have a baby in another year will kill me at 36 because my daughter was tough enough to carry for nine months. Thanks.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 22:27

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Mine is similar to yours. It took me around 2 a bit months to lose 60 pounds, which is incredible if you have been over weight your entire life and tired lot's of things to get rid of the weight! You see so dedicated. I eat alot of fish and eggs now too, I really think it helps. Too bad the fish isn't really filling, but the eggs are ehhee. I stay at around 10 carbs still too!

Turkey bacon? Is that any good?

I still get alot of flack about my diet, this place helps out alot with that though. I just have to stick with it, because I know it works. People just don't see to want to accept it.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins + threw out scale
Stats: 164.2/155.8/134.2 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hugs to Kona; I had a beautiful blue-eyed black & white husky when I was a little girl, and I still miss her.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 18:15

Plan: Vegetarian
Stats: 460/295/190 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default I was in the CAF too

Wow thats a great weight loss. I was in the caf for 10 years and got out 9 years ago to retrain in computers. The industry sucks now and I would like to get back in but I have gained a lot of weight sitting behind a desk and need any advice you could give me if you have the time. Did you drink lots of water, what primarily did you eat. Things like that if you have the time. Cheers
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-05, 21:48

Plan: protien power/Low carb
Stats: 234/234/158 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wow! You did really great! Congrats, and don't let the negativity get to you.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 12:13
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

WTG, ATMASTER!

Hey, you bet you're an extremist! When DW says something like that, say "Thank you, honey," and smile. Trust me on this one, if she pressures you to give up your exercise and food plan, and you finally give up and regain, it's not going to be a good thing for your marriage. (You may quote me on that.) Tell her you want to be part of your family's life, not the fat dad/husband sitting on the sidelines watching other people coach your children's soccer teams.

A suggestion:
Need more family time? Every time you go for a walk or a swim, cheerfully invite her along. She'll probably say no the first dozen times, but you might get her thinking about it. Then when she finally comes, make it great for her (don't leave her in the dust, tell her she's beautiful, how much you love her, how glad you are she married you, etc.) She might come around. . .

If not, be strong and stick with what works. No matter what. THanks for sharing.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 06:59

Plan: Low Carb/Kimkins
Stats: 193/188/145 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Congrats!! I hope that I can continue to see my scale decrease also.!!!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-05, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

So what are your secrets? I stay at about 10-15 g carb per day too-do you feel it helped accellerate your loss?
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 03:22
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 250/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:don't know???
Default Impressive!!

Congradulations!!!! You have done a fine job.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 13:52

Plan: not sure
Stats: 222/222/160 Female 5-6 1/2
BF:not known
Default Thank you for your story a successful one!

My name is JoAnn and today, or next Tuesday will be my first day on this low carb diet. We are scheduled for a pizza party next week so that is why I say next Tuesday.

I have been diagnosed as a prediabetic and want to stay off the insilin if I can. It scared me but I will be honest with you, I love to eat! Like you after I got married, I cooked and baked and the weight added on. My husband was 119 # in high school and is now up to 250 # He is 6'1 but I won't even tell you how much I weigh, it's embarassing!

You were the first success story I have read. I have been on other forums and have really been encouraged by the people on them. But, it was a candy wrapped forum which I will continue but will not be able to eat the goodies I make. I have a sweet tooth and it is not healthy.

I wanted to thank you for your honesty. And I hope I can say in 6 months that I have lost 1/2 the weight that you have. Wish me luck and please keep me in your prayers.

Queen Mum
JoAnn

Last edited by JoAnn Sbca : Sun, Jun-12-05 at 15:06. Reason: weight wrong
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 18:36
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 198/190/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 21%

great job!

Last edited by zigga1 : Tue, Jun-21-05 at 21:31.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 00:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 266/257/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I too am amazed that you lost that much in 3 months. Awesome job.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 05:16

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 315/231.4/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

Congrats! That is a lot of wieght to drop in 3 months. I am sure you are feeling terrific.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 09:06

Plan: GI
Stats: 231/231/143 Female 179cm
BF:

Congratulations on your success

Article tools