Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 12:06

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default 10lbs in 4 weeks challenge..Anyone game?

I have yet another wedding to attend, I'm tired of attending as a chunky. So here I go!!! I pledge to lose 10lbs in 4weeks if it kills me. I plan to use this as a jump off point to do more work ( I'm getting married 8/2004!!)

I've been carrying around the same 30 lbs since college and it's time for a change. I've started and stopped, pledged consistency then failed, but I figure if I post my food and weight religiously, I'll be shamed into sticking to it.

So if anyone wants to join me to jump off a program....just log on.

Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143.5/132.5/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Thumbs up count me in!

Ok, I'm game...I need the motivation every day...if the scale doesn't move for two or three days I get bummed out...mostly I need to get it together to exercise, since I know that will help....I've got a big event coming up on June 22, so your timing is excellent. Induction? Ideas for things to drink in addition to water as the weather heats up? Want to weigh in every two or three days? Anything that will remind me to keep my attention in the right direction will help.
Marilyn
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 09:23
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I'm on board as well. I need motivation!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 09:44

Plan: Avoiding gluten
Stats: 186/172/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default 10 lb. in 4 weeks

I would love to lose 10 pounds in four weeks.

My daughter is getting married exactly four weeks from tomorrow, and I am stuck. I have been wanting to do something to get me more motivated. I have slept in almost every morning instead of going to the gym and I seem to not need much excuse to fall off the wagon. Maybe this can keep my focus. About 3 weeks after that is my 40th birthday. That is my main goal. I don't want to keep going downhill as I get older, I would like to live a long, active life.
Enough rambling.
What do I need to do?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 11:35

BF:
Default Welcom Aboard!!!

I'm so glad to see so many people eager to join me. Let's support each other and see how far we can go. There is strength in numbers.

All we have to do is set goals for ourselves week to week. Week one starts today Friday 5/23/03.

My goals for week one are to:
workout 4xs a week with full body weights on 2 of those days
post honestly what I ate each day
limit myself to 2 LC sweets each day

Anybody else got goals?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 11:37

BF:
Default oops forgot weigh in.

Weigh in once a week only!!! The scale deceives me day to day. If anyone else can take the up and down on the scale, be my guest.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 11:41

BF:
Default Marilyn

What to drink? Water is always the best bet, but I get bored too after a while. I usually make kool-aid with splenda and sometimes with mineral water, so I can control the carb content. Crystal light is always good and so is Diet Rite( made with splenda-sucralose.) Hope this helps!!!

Also, if weighing in every 2-3 days keeps you on track go ahead. It drives me nuts.

Arnie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 12:15

Plan: Avoiding gluten
Stats: 186/172/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default 10 lb., 4 wks: Goals

I am going to work out at least four times a week, not counting working in the yard on Saturdays. I have a running program set up at fit4U.com and I will stay on that plus weights 2 to 3 days a week.
I will also continue writing down everything in my journal ie., food eaten, exercise, vitamins, h2o, etc.
I will weigh one time a week, beginning on Monday.
My most difficult time during the week is the weekends, because there isn't nearly as much structure. If I have structure, I don't even seem to think about food much, but if I don't have it, I eat whatever seems to be handy.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 18:43

BF:
Smile goals, update

Actually went to the gym today, for the first time in too long and did a one hour class...not too strenuous, but, hey, I moved my body for an hour! Goals: 1/2 hour brisk walk every day, class at the gym 3 times a week, carry water with me whereever I go that it isn't embarrassing.....not get on the scale until Tuesday morning (hard one).

Thanks for drink ideas...I haven't tried Crystal Light in a few years, but I'll give it another try.

Dinner tonight will be broiled salmon fillet with garlic butter, mashed cauliflower, green salad.
Snacks: romaine lettuce leaf with feta cheese; piece of string cheese
Lunch: tuna and lettuce, one slice of cheddar, green tea
Brkfst: devilled egg and black coffee

My menu is always weird for Atkins, since I don't eat birds or mammals.

Thanks for the support folks...let's all go for it and celebrate June 22 in style!
Marilyn
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 20:50

BF:
Default We're off to a great start!!

Sandy,

Tell me more about setting up a running program on fit4u. I used to run all the time, but kind of fell off the runner's high wagon.

5/23/03
polish
chicken salad w/ bits of celery and carrots
diet sierra mist
1 oz peanuts
crustless pizza
SF jello ( spoonful)

No workout today. Helped set up a banquet hall and I'm pooped. Plan to bike tomorrow. 3quarts of H20
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 06:44

BF:
Question saturday report

ok, just to report in...
bkfst: eggs scrambled w a bit of feta cheese...yum
snack: 1 string cheese
lunch: romaine lettuce, baked tofu, 1 oz. gouda
snack: few olives, slice of tomato, about an oz. of leftover broiled salmon
dinner: OH DEAR...out for Chinese food...that's a very hard one....after examining the menu, full of mammals and birds I don't eat, rice and noodles that are out of the picture...settled on spicy tofu and vegetables (snow peas, zucchini, mushrooms, water chestnuts)....all ok, but who KNOWS what was in that sauce?! it was tasty, and the best I could find under the circumstances..
LOTS of water..........and herbal sun tea w. Splenda.......

1/2 hour walk....

still resisting the scale....keep going folks.....

Marilyn
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 11:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 275/255/180 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

~~~~hello all, would like to join your challange of lossing 10 pounds in 4 weeks.. yesterday walked 1hour 20 min..i usally weigh in on fridays...had a maintane this past week due to tom ,i'm sure....i'm at 200 so 190 would be very pleasing...i'll post my weigh in on friday an pop in daily...glad to be aboard....sammi
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 12:46

Stats: 208/130/125
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Me too!

I am jumping in a few days late, but I think this could work for me too. I really have only ten pounds (at the most) left to go . . . but this could be the homestretch push I need. These last pounds are very stubborn ones!

As for goals, my workouts have slowed during the last two weeks. I need to get back to them this coming week. I will look at my schedule and see where they could fit in. And I will weigh in on my scales in the early morning tomorrow to get a starting place.

I like this challenge!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 23:48

BF:
Question

well, I was out of town for the past two days...it's almost midnight Monday night and I'm 'reporting in'...twas a weekend of resisting much temptation...three huge graduation parties with endless tarts and cookies, pasta salads and even a open bar dance party....had two small chocolate cookies and two strawberries, and otherwise behaved myself well and ate salad and fish and cheese..walked briskly 1/2 hour both days...but I'm not expecting anything when I get on the scale tomorrow. If I hold, I'll be happy....it seems that even a little slip stops the body's 'decision' to lose....let' you know then....
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 00:09
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 132/131/106 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hey there, I'd like to join on to your challenge! I went to the gym today after like 2 weeks (ugh) and the scale actually said 138 (UGH!!) rather than the 132 I weighed back two weeks ago and for the six weeks before that (I lost 8 pounds before that) Anyways I'm somehow not freaking out, (maybe a little) but would love to get really focused with something like this. Workout today--10 min cardio warmup and about 55 min full body weights (and pretty wimpy at that) Yikes do I have work to do. Am I rambling? Sorry. Anyway, 10 pounds, four weeks, I'm totally in. (p.s. I'm going to assume water weight and end of day weighing time were defining factors and count 125 as my goal. Somewhere in the middle.)