Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 10:08

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

I live in Maury County, which is located in Middle Tennessee. So, if we were all to get together, wouldn't Nashville be a good choice of locations? Depending on where, it would be a few hours for me.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 07:47

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Nashville sound good to me. 3 hours....no big deal.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 13:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Memphis

Well, Hey there!

Just found this today...I am in Memphis and would love to meet y'all--Where and When?

Sunrise
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 07:50

BF:

Hey Sunrise, how are you? Where in Memphis are you, maybe we can talk . And do a LOW-CARB lunch or something.

Tanya
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 14:05

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I am in Bristol, TN. Anyone else in the Tri-cities?
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissScruff
Wishing all Tennesseans the best for the New Year! Do ya all think we will ever have a Get Together?

I think a get together would be awesome!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 07:39
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 165/157/125 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I live in Franklin and work in Nashville until the end of the month. I'd like to lose a little under 25 lbs to get back to my pre-Nashville weight... before I get pregnant too! So I'm definitely in a hurry to lose weight.

The tips that have helped me most have been eating smaller portions and not eating after 7pm. If I'm hungry after 7pm, I eat SF Jell-O or a piece of cheese.

Someone inquired about the It's All Sugar Free store in Nashville. Did you ever find it? I've been there before. Make sure you don't eat too much SF stuff in one sitting or you'll regret it later. That darn laxative effect.............!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you all are interested in a meet, I wouldn't mind setting it up the reservation block at a hotel that's affordable for everyone. I wouldn't stay in the hotel of course since I live 20 minutes away but I can set it up and you all can call in to reserve your rooms with your credit cards. I can also set up a reservation at some restaurants if you're interested.

I wouldn't recommend the General Jackson. It is fun but tickets are around $45 for lunch and the country music show. It's a somewhat small buffet lunch so your options are limited. Also, if someone is late... well, it's a boat!! I held my bridesmaid's luncheon on the GJ and I was running late (running late, got a speeding ticket, got lost, got in such a frenzy that when I parked my car and grabbed my purse that my maid of honor had not zipped shut after using my cell phone, my sunglasses, tampons, and other stuff flew everywhere! Under the car, in the car, outside... I was frantic. I was "THAT" woman. But I can laugh about it now!). They had to hold the boat for us (they better have.. I spent $250 on tickets!). How embarrassing huh? We sat down 5 minutes after we were supposed to leave the dock and it wasn't more than 5-10 minutes later that they closed the buffet. For those people who have the potential to run late, get lost, whatever, it's probably not the best place to dine as a large group unless everyone is there very early. I'd hate for someone to lose their money and miss the boat.

I am available for group get togethers on the following dates:

Feb. 10, 11, 12
Feb. 18, 19, 20
Feb. 24 (after 5pm), 25, 26
Mar. 3 (after 5 or 6pm), 4, 5

When is everyone free?

I think spending one night at a hotel is probably the best idea to keep expenses down for you out of towners. Any thoughts?
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 12:27

I will keep an eye on this post to see if there is any interest. I will have to check with my wife to see when she is off work also
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 07:35
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 165/157/125 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Sounds great. I hope there's a lot of interest!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 08:58

BF:

Sounds like a lot of fun. I would have make arrangements for someone to take careof my dogs, so the more advanced notice, the better.

Tanya
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 11:53

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'd have to have a few weeks notice because my boss makes the schedules in advance and they are never the same week to week.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 16:55

Default Asking for Help

We all know someone who has been touched by cancer. There are so many of us who are concerned about this disease and want to make a difference. The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life® is a great way to take a stand against cancer. That’s why I’ve started a Relay team, and I’d love for you to join me.

At the event, we’ll camp out overnight, walk around the track, and meet lots of new people. There is an incredible tribute to cancer survivors and caregivers to kick off the event and a moving ceremony honoring those who have fought the disease. I can say Relay is truly unlike anything else you’ll ever do.

Even if you can't come and join us, please donate to help us fight cancer.

This year, cancer will strike more than 1.3 million Americans and take more than half a million lives. As friends and family, we can do something to save lives and help those already fighting this disease. That’s why I’m taking action against cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life® of in Sullivan County.

Relay is an overnight event that unites our community in a common effort to support the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem. The Society works every day to prevent cancer and save lives by supporting groundbreaking research, affecting public policies that protect us from cancer, and educating people on how to prevent or detect cancer early. The Society helps people in our community who have cancer through its many programs and services. Together, we can help the American Cancer Society accelerate the progress toward a cancer-free future.

I hope you’ll be able to join us for this year’s event. Please click on the link below for more information, including details on the inspirational Survivors’ Lap and the moving Luminaria Ceremony. If you can’t join us, will you please visit the site and make a donation to support our efforts? Either way, you will make a real difference in the lives of people facing cancer – and in the lives of the people who love them. Thank you!

For state fundraising notices and the American Cancer Society’s privacy policy, please paste this link into your browser: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/SU/su_0.asp

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Relay For Life of Sullivan County (Bristol)
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 17:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyaskees
Hey Sunrise, how are you? Where in Memphis are you, maybe we can talk . And do a LOW-CARB lunch or something.

Tanya

Tanya--LC Lunch sounds great--Sent you PM

Sunny
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 11:42

Plan: Good Carbs - YOU Diet
Stats: 234/205/170 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm from Clarksville (originally from West TN).