Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-17, 08:03

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default What to know about the Popular Ketogenic Diet

This video segment was on GMA today. One of those TV stories that falls under the "any publicity is good publicity" idea?
I could start a long list of inaccuracies in what was only a few minutes total, but will give it a pass for now and hope someone benefits by seeing it, and later ignores the advice to limit its use to a few months.

If this segment prompts anyone to Google Ketogenic Diet...what came up for me now first was DietDoctor, second was RuledMe, fourth Authority Nutrition and also on the first page of results... The Charlie Foundation. It has great info on the keto health benefits too..even comments on its possible extension to cancer that was mentioned on GMA. Those websites are all good diet resources with better information.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/pop...c-diet-47876380

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Jun-07-17 at 11:55.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-17, 10:10

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks, Janet. Interesting take on keto! Incredible how many self-appointed "experts" emerge to discuss things about which they know little. The comment on focusing on healthy fats, and butter isn't one of them?

Agree that it's good to get the seed planted in people's minds despite the advice. With some research, people will realize how easy it is and how it can be followed long term to achieve excellent health.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-17, 12:15

And later the same day...Mark Sisson announces he will be writing a Keto book and adds a "Definitive Guide to Keto" to his website!

Quote:
There's no question that keto is entering mainstream consciousness everywhere. Google searches are at an all-time high.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-...e-guide-to-keto
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-17, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/LCHF
Stats: 209/185/185 Male 69
BF:reducing
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Google Ketogenic Diet

#5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 02:49

Same screen shot, thanks! Good to know you get the same results. I've always wondered if Google would rank results based on my past search history (Charlie Foundation is not well known) or that my search engine, Duck, Duck Go blocks or reorders results. Maybe Google isn't as clever as I thought.

But I am so old that the idea someone from a small town in the boonies sees GMA, picks up their phone, searches for Keto, and within seconds is on a great Swedish website resource in English still "blows my mind"

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Jun-08-17 at 03:32.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 13:28
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
my search engine, Duck, Duck Go blocks or reorders results.
Speaking of ducks, last time I saw any LC diet pushed on GMA they were showing low-carb + low-fat meals for weight loss?
Quote:
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control epilepsy in children. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.
-- Wiki