Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 07:08

Plan: basic low carb, no plan
Stats: 278/274/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Hunger? Question???

Okay, I have seen where folks talk about their appetite declining and they don't want to eat as much. What is your experience with this? So far, I know I have just basically started over here but I'm sticking with this this time, so my question is, how long is it before your appetite starts going down? Yesterday I was meat hungry, and I'm trying to stay VLC.

BREAKFAST
2 eggs

LUNCH
1 pork steak

SUPPER
NY strip steak
Green beans with toasted almonds.
A chunk of butter to go on my steak. (YUM!)

Later I was still hungry so I had to have 2 more eggs, about 10 p.m. It was true hunger too. I tried to wait it out but after about an hour I had to eat something.

I didn't lose and it just seems like I'm eating too much, although everyone keeps saying don't worry about the quantity, just worry about "what" you are eating, so I don't think I did too bad on what I was eating, but I still think its too much. I would have been really hungry if I hadn't eaten these things, but just seems like a really large amount of food.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 07:27

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Dunroven, I stopped having much hunger within a week.

You don't mention the size of the steaks, but I suspect you are having too much meat and not enough fat. The butter with the strip steak was good. Did you also have some with the eggs and pork and beans?

Fat will curtail hunger. Too much protein will be converted to glucose, preventing fat loss.

Are you tracking macros? It might help to see what those look like.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 09:03

Plan: basic low carb, no plan
Stats: 278/274/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Okay, yes using bacon grease and butter to cook with. Not sure what tracking macros are. Are you talking about things like fit day and all that? If so, no. I have no time to do that. I eat on the run most of the time.

I generally have to also make my food taste bad because if I like the food, I will definitely have seconds but I have been OP for about a month I think and no REAL loss of hunger. I can eat nonstop and not be stuffed so I'm not sure I'll ever experienced this idea of being full.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 09:25

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Okay, good to hear you're using the fat. Yes, I did mean like fit day. Well, everyone is different. If you're hungry, you should eat. Assuming your portion sizes are reasonable, it doesn't look like you're eating to much to me, even with the extra eggs.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 10:17

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

For me, a diabetic, that would be too much protein (but delicious!) - I don't know where protein comes in for non-diabetics. But what about more veggies? For lunch, I'd be wanting a green salad to go with the meat. Just meat, I get hungry much sooner.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-17, 21:36

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%

I am restarting and I eat 4-5 eggs plus sausage for breakfast sometimes for lunch. 2 Burgers no bread bacon and some cheese. No bread of course. Pork rinds for munching.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-17, 23:23

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

That's exactly the kind of breakfast that will set you up for a good day!
Keep up the good work!