Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Fri, May-16-08, 18:30
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

My daughter Ry will be 12 in August. She is going on gluten-free milk-free lowcarb with me as of 5/25. Although I did shift our dinners toward LC fare, she's so far still eaten a lot of junk in morning and lunchtime and on weekends. Although she did lose weight, she's gained some back. We are both hoping that a sincere summer of lowcarb and exercise and a little suntanning will improve her feelings about her body. ;-) Which is developing in ways mine didn't tell 3 years later, sheesh.

I'm working on recipes and experiments to come up with stuff that she will like and that is fairly easy but that is not super high calorie, since I can eat a whole lot more than she can probably but we basically have to eat the same foods.

My goal is to have her taking bento box lunches to school next year with LC foods.

PJ
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Fri, May-16-08, 18:43

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras
Hi Skee! Congrats on your loss...you're doing so great!

I know you probably have it much worse, with the preteen hormones and all raging over there, but sometimes I look at my four-year-old and wonder who he is (you know, sweet as pie one minute--then completely rebellious the next)! And this morning, even the two-year-old was all about yelling "No!" as I tried to put on his shoes or brush his teeth. I never knew that being a parent would be sooooooo emotionally draining sometimes. On the diet front, I know it affects my resolve...evidenced by the fact that whenever we get the kids to bed and the house is quiet, I always feel like heading for a sweet treat...really trying to fight that!!!

All of this to say, we moms juggle a lot, yes? Big hug for you and hang in there!

Hey Sassafras, at this point I would trade with you. My preteen is a girl who has recently started her menstral cycle and her moods are just crazy. She yells, says smart things, and recently told a lie about something very important at school. It has been stressing me because I know I raised her better than that...

On the diet front, I, too, feel the need for a sweet treat at the end of a hard day. I think it is our way of congratulating ourselves for making it through another difficult day! I work hard on that and try to eat healthy things....I am on CAD though so I occasionally work in a healthy fruit, flax bread, or ice cream today....one scoop. It keeps me on track and sane. I try to have something sweet only once a week....

I agree we juggle a lot, but I am hanging in there....after weeks of weeping lol... My mother tells me that the teenage years are the worst but I'm just not ready !
  #318   ^
Old Sat, May-17-08, 15:17

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 419/410/400 Female 63 inches(5'3")
BF:Too Much
Progress: 47%

I would like to join you all..I have a lot to lose...I have 9 year old twin girls...and I really do not want them to remember me this way...so yup I am in..I'm not on southbeach or atkins..I am on the 6 wk body make over..that is just what it is called..will definately take more than 6 weeks.
  #319   ^
Old Sat, May-17-08, 16:02
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Well six weeks is a start, Bonnie! My first lowcarb was a "3 week trial experiment." (It worked great, but I went off it as planned and didn't get back to it for a lonnnng time.) You have to start somewhere after all!
  #320   ^
Old Sat, May-17-08, 19:40

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hey Daisy,

Welcome! I've been on the Six Week Body Makeover, but as RIGHTNOW suggests, six weeks is a start. Congrats on taking the plunge!
  #321   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 09:17

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 419/410/400 Female 63 inches(5'3")
BF:Too Much
Progress: 47%

rightnow and skeeweeaka thank you for the encouragement..it sure helps
  #322   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 10:57
one day at a time

Plan: south beach
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%

Aw, Skee, hang in there! Am sure the emotional drama is so draining. Lots of hugs to you.

Rightnow, that's so cool that you two can eat healthily together. Just wonderful.

Daisy, welcome! Congrats on the commitment and best wishes for a smooth transition!

I'm going shopping today...trying to think of something that my boys could have for breakfast that's quick and nourishing (DH got them hooked on Nutrigrain bars and I'm trying to undo that). Any ideas? (I should probably mention that we only have about 20 minutes in the morning to get them dressed, teeth brushed, fed, and out the door).