Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 10:10

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Well I have returned ....

I've had a few health issues over the last couple of years that landed me in hospital twice (once for 5 and a half months) and my weight is still pretty high. This isn't my highest weight but it is 5 pounds higher then when I left the hospital in July of 2016. I cannot walk on my own anymore and need to use a walker for support and I have just recently moved into a lovely wheelchair accessible apartment so I can access the shower to keep clean. I cannot get my legs into a bathtub thanks to my lymphedemia on both of my legs. I also cannot stand up with my walker for very long. Only a couple of minutes so while I did lose some weight in the hospital (after tweaking my daily menus to suit myself) I have decided that I need to get back to basics and drop what weight I can. I really need to get rid of the walker and just be able to walk normally again. I feel so useless not being able to do that. It is a struggle just to go to the toilet.
I've decided to use the program that helped me lose 50 pounds in the past (until I fell off that wagon) .... Atkins 72 with real foods. No artificial sweeteners and no fake foods. I owe it to myself because the next step will be weight loss surgery and I'm not sure if I want to go down that road.

Anyway if you've read this far thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 11:20

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Yes - Atkins '72 can save your life. Can anyone help you clear out your kitchen of anything non-induction-friendly? And shop for induction safe foods?

I'm wishing you the best - life sounds hard right now but you will love being lighter on your feet!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 11:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Yes - Atkins '72 can save your life. Can anyone help you clear out your kitchen of anything non-induction-friendly? And shop for induction safe foods?

I'm wishing you the best - life sounds hard right now but you will love being lighter on your feet!

Other then a bag of rice the kitchen is clear. My son, who also cares for me and cooks for me will use that. We only moved in here in November and never did a big shop yet. I gave him a list and he has the bank card and is off to the store now. Big snow storm on the way here tonight so we need to stock up.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 11:45

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfit
..I really need to get rid of the walker and just be able to walk normally again.

That's a good goal. It is my belief that if you do this way of eating for long enough and constantly enough you will reach that goal. I do this way of eating just for toady. It doesn't matter what I ate yesterday or what I might eat tomorrow. Today is the only day you can really do anything about an uncertain future.

You will do well.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 13:37

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfit
Other then a bag of rice the kitchen is clear. My son, who also cares for me and cooks for me will use that. We only moved in here in November and never did a big shop yet. I gave him a list and he has the bank card and is off to the store now. Big snow storm on the way here tonight so we need to stock up.

Good! I am glad you have your son's help. Is he on board for Atkins? Maybe you could ask him to read the book, too.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-17, 02:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Good! I am glad you have your son's help. Is he on board for Atkins? Maybe you could ask him to read the book, too.

He is not on Atkins and I would never get him to read the book but he has been losing weight in his own way such as cutting his portions down and walking outside more.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-17, 05:08

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Just wanted to say welcome, and though I am using a different plan, wanted to stop by because I've dealt with some of what you mentioned.

I only got up to 368 (that I know of, frankly, am sure it was somewhere in 370s) but that was enough with my bad knees to put me into using a cane, being on a short term pain med long term, and planning every time I was up - "ok, get to bathroom, grab this, and this, and a drink", to bring back to my chair.
I had to lean on the kitchen sink to do dishes, because I couldn't stand up for more than 10 minutes, and I was dealing with lower leg lymphedema as well.
My husband was doing a lot of the cooking and cleaning, because I could not.

Please know...when I did lose 216 pounds (yes, I flunked maintenance, here heading back to goal again), I tossed the pain med, the cane, resolved the lymphedema 99%, etc. Life changed dramatically. I did it slow, over 4 years, with the plan I felt I could live with, no meds.

I don't know why it took me so long to do it, but when the switch flipped that I was going to, it stayed flipped.

I wish you that flip of the switch, and know that I do believe you can do this. Turtles do win
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-17, 15:30

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back,
I noticed your post on Cooking Keto with Kristie and then a few posts since, including some on LC books, plans and doctors. A suggestion if you are still interested, that you check out Dr. Jason Fung in Toronto. He has both a local and "distance" program, info on his website for cost with Canada Health.https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/theory/ Now has affiliates in other Canadian cities too. His book The Obesity Code is excellent about why obesity, not so much a diet book. There is a long thread here about it, http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=472377
All the best,
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-17, 15:54

Plan: Atkins, LCHF
Stats: 245/240/140 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Perfectfit,

I'm cheering for you. Glad you came back although sorry you need to be here. I'm also happy to hear you have a good friend and help in your son. I have about 100 pounds to lose and already experience health issues related to weight. It sounds like some difficult stuff you're going through.

-Tiger