Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 10:25

Plan: self-managed
Stats: 193/187/154 Female 5´7´´
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Low-carbohydrate weight loss study: participants needed :))

Dear Low-carber members,
I have very kindly been given permission from your webmaster to post details of my research study here. I am a mature student at the University of Liverpool (UK) and I am conducting a dissertation (MSc) study into weight loss through low-carbohydrate diets. I need to find ten kind people who would be happy to be interviewed about their experiences, thought and feelings about following a reduced carbohydrate diet. If you are interested, please email me at the address below and I will send you further details. Thank you so much for reading this ) The study advertisement text is posted below for your information.

Research participants needed for a student dissertation

Are you currently following a reduced carbohydrate diet for weight loss?
Are you over 18-years of age?
Do you speak fluent English?

If you answered yes to those questions then you could help weight loss research by participating in this study.

What is the study about?

This study wants to understand your thoughts and feelings about being overweight and moving into a weight loss plan which involves reduced carbohydrate intake. The study also aims to understand your viewpoint on the benefits or drawbacks of such a diet, in terms of your daily life.

What would you have to do?

You would be asked to give your consent for taking part in the study, and asked to take part in a one-hour interview, so that you could tell the story of your weight gain and weight loss experiences. This could either be by Skype, or at an agreed upon location, depending on your location and preference.

Your help is needed and would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact the student researcher for more information - sandra.el-imad~online.liverpool.ac.uk
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 15:42

Plan: self-managed
Stats: 193/187/154 Female 5´7´´
BF:
Progress: 15%

Dear low-carbers,
Thank you so much to those of you who have contacted me about my study. I feel very honored to be allowed to understand the weight loss process from your perspectives. I still need a few more participants who would be happy to be interviewed by Skype for my study and would really appreciate a few more low-carbers! I can be contacted on sandra.el-imad~online.liverpool.ac.uk