Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-14, 17:47

Plan: my own
Stats: 326/274/175 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelane
I made this in the vitamix this morning. Unreal...so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

I would NEVER make this in a Vitamix...... It would hurt to much licking it clean, with the blades and all....
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-14, 14:58

Plan: my own
Stats: 326/274/175 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 34%

Anybody else try it?

Normally I wouldn't care that much if people like my recipe, but I really feel this is an awesome recipe, and it literally takes about 90 seconds to make.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-14, 15:07

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

Over here, over here! Hand flying in the air.....I tried it, I tried it.! Was it good? Yes it was, pretty darn good, nice and thick and oh so rich. Will I make it again, maybe. I don't know tho.....my brain had a hard time wrapping itself around eating a sweet avocado.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-14, 20:39

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I knew I was forgetting something. So finally, here is the info on freezing avocados.

Whole, cut, diced, or even mashed avocados don't freeze well, but pureed do. Tho they don't recommend freezing pre-made guacamole. Here are the instructions cribbed from http://www.avocadocentral.com/how-t...-ripen-avocados. They have a lot of other info, too.

Follow the instructions below to get the best possible result when freezing pureed Hass Avocados.
1. Wash - Wash the outside of the avocados thoroughly by holding them under running water or in your selected produce wash.

2. Cut - Cut and peel the avocados.

3. Puree - Place the peeled avocados in a food processor or blender. Add a ratio of one tablespoon of an acidic agent like lemon or lime juice for each avocado you are freezing. Puree until smooth. This will ensure that the lemon or lime juice is evenly distributed to help to prevent the avocados from turning brown. Mashing the avocado rather than pureeing yields a less desirable result because the acidic agent is unevenly mixed in.

4. Package - Place the pureed avocado into an air-tight container. Leave ½ to 1 inch of headspace in the container to allow for expansion. Close your container tightly and label accordingly. Freeze.

Frozen avocado puree must be used within four to five months of freezing.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-15, 21:30

Plan: diabetic
Stats: 159/159/145 Female 5 foot 6"
BF:
Progress:
Default hi, how do you make the avocado cheese cake? thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I may have to try this if I buy more avocados. I've made avocado cheesecake before and that was pretty delicious.

hi, how do you make the avocado cheese cake? thank you