Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 08:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/131/128 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Diet pop w/o caffiene should be a water sub. It makes a great dessert sub!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 11:08

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman489
i totally agree! since i increased my water intake to between 80 to 100 ozs(i work outside all day) my weight loss is a steady 2-3 lbs a week...i`ve read somewhere here that if your urine has color to it you need more water,urine should be clear.. i have to pee so much i can barely get my zipper down in time...lol

Too funny.

Too true too, lol.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 11:10

I am finding it difficult to get my water in on days I am at work all day. Depending upon what project I am doing I can be on the phone with one client for over an hour a time and that makes it really difficult to drink large amounts.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 17:15

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I did drink good amount of water yesterday but I was off. I did not drink much today but did drink Diet Coke at McD's and coffee once I got home....both are not good to help me in the weight loss but was what was available..................I need to focus I want to lose weight so I better get with it!!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 17:51

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

What a fun thread!

I will up my water.........probably pack my lunch so I don't go through a drive thru for Diet coke. I don't have a zipper to worry about so I should be good there........
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 22:27

Okay, who wants to hold my hand when I throw the coffee pot in the garbage? I think I am ready. I have some ground coffee left but I will donate that to the staff room at work. I have about 1/2 carton of cream left but I will have that with cocoa and tea instead. I have a ton of packs of flavoured tea and usually I have cocoa with that so am not quite at the point where I will complete give those up as well. They don't seem to be an issue for me in that I can go weeks without have a cup or two.

I think my coffee consumption is slowing my consumption of water down because I am always full. I overeat food because of stress and anger issues. Coffee is what keeps me feeling loved kwim. I do drink decaf so that isn't the issue. I feel warm inside when I am having a cup of coffee. Gawd I am a sad sort eh?
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 04:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 269/224/200 Male 5ft-10in
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffypants
I read this yesterday and thought "it's about time I got serious too about drinking all my water". I really think I'd see faster results. The problem is I am hardly ever thirsty. There's no excuse - I have a case of bottled water in my house and a water cooler at work. In fact there's a two-thirds full bottle of water sitting a foot from me as I type this.......from yesterday!

What is wrong with me?

hey nothing wrong with you!!but maybe i have some motivation, i`m down another4and a halfthis week and a total of 12 in 3 weeks since i`ve increased my water intake. i`ve also started watching my salt intake,,A LITTLE, something is working for me!!,matt
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: semi low-carb
Stats: 209.6/201.4/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thanks, matt. I'm trying to be more disciplined about it. Its hard when I don't drink tea or coffee or juice, so the only things left to me are water and diet pop. I limit the pop to one can a day, but I know I need to cut that out altogether.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I have been on atkins for 2 months and have drank so much water that I don't drink anything else anymore. Crystal light is a plus too! I used to be in love with diet coke but I tried some yesterday and I thought it was nasty! For alcohol now i drink water and vodka with a lemon and a stevia packet...so goood!