Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:42

Plan: Swarzbein Princple
Stats: 138/136/124
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Schwarzbein Diet

Does any one know if there is a site for the Schwarzbein Diet. Or if Diane Schwarzbein has her own web site?

After alot of research I have decided I felt the best on her diet. Atkins and the Protien Power Plan left me tired and grouchy. I have a hard time since she says no deserts so I try to eat friut but I have some question as to how long you can wait after dinner to have your friut of if you must have it right away.

Are any of you on her diet and if so is there anyone who is having trouble losing at all?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 21:49

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

i read her book.... used her diet for some time.... you may not be losing because the carbs are too high for you.... try starting at 20 grams for 2 weeks and see how you do..... when you increase your carbs, choose carbs with low glycemic index.... good luck
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 23:10
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jan, welcome to the forum.
If you go to the bottom of the page, there's a grey doovy that says "Forum Jump." If you scroll down, you'll find the Schwarzbein Principle forum of this site.
The folk there will almost certainly be able to answer your questions.
All the best to you!

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: restricted carb Paleo
Stats: 180/124/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 124%
Default Re: Schwarzbein Diet

Quote:
Originally posted by jan9
Are any of you on her diet and if so is there anyone who is having trouble losing at all?

The only stumbling block for me has been that I've had to cut out dairy along the way. After several weeks of stalling (gaining/losing/feeling worse) I realized that one of the foods I craved the most was being quite devilish to my system. Perhaps there's something you're a little sensitive to right now?

(BTW - I've kept my carb limit around 80 or so, and it's been fine for me. I think in the long run, everyone has to set his/her own limit according to how they feel on the diet)
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:25

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 180/177/135
BF:
Progress:

The website for Dr. Schwarzbein is
www.drhormome.com

It is still in progress, so there is more information in her book than on the website.

I've been using this approach for about 1 month and have lost about 5 pounds. I have to be careful with the carbs, they seem to trigger cravings!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:27

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 180/177/135
BF:
Progress:

sorry, there was a type in the web address:

www.drhormone.com
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 17:07
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default where is everybody on this site?/

Hi I wanted to read more about Dr Schwarzbein, such as where she is locted etc. I can see myself taking a trip to see her!!
People need to see that what they are doing is working. I'm going to wait a couple weeks and then go to my new intern tell him what I have ben doing and see what my blood profile looks like. and make comparisons to last March.

That was the last time I saw my dr. who said I lied about what I ate on sugarbusters. I didn't lose any more weight and was dropping carbs, but not feeling well at all. She also wanted to give me glucopharge and that's when I questioned her why?

Guess what?

She banned me from her office stating I was uncooperative, didn't follow instructions etc. Called me antigonistic when I said I needed to follow a low card diet. She said to write everything down and weigh everything for her to look and see how many calories I was eating.
this may be redundant for you low carbers to read but, here I am trying to share again with someone with better luck than me

no metabolism phyllis