Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 13:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/235/196 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

Hi People,

I've just ordered Dr Atkins diet from Amazon, and started the diet on Saturday - I just can't believe that you can eat all that meat, bacon etc - everyone keeps saying "I thought you were on a diet!!!"

I am eating my Greens, and I am taking a good suppliment (& extra Vitamin C) - 4 pounds and going strong, lots of water too!!

Anyway - does anyone know where I can get low carb products on England like pasta, etc?? I've had a few searches, but just found links in USA (btw just come back from CAL on holiday - wicked - must have put on 6 pounds that seat on the 474 was tighter - Im sure!!!)

'been reading hints, tips, faqs - it's going to work - I know (It's great not to be hungry )

Great to be part of the board,

Keep up the good work

cheers,

BBJ
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 17:06
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Cool welcome aboard

hi Jon,

We've more than a few members from across the pond; great to hear from you.

There are several links from our site to lowcarb sites in the UK. Try these :And keep us posted on your success! ...

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 18:39

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

Kewl. another newbie.. Welcome bigbadjon..I'm a fellow low carber myself and am NOT sorry I discovered this way of eating. The plan does work ...I most definitely do not miss my breads..Bread being what was once my worst downfall. But i've most definitely always been a big meat eater.. I know I had the same problem with people thinking there was no way I would lost on this plan..But I"m living proof it does work and I've got pictures to prove it.>LOL
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 22:02

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Talking Hey, BigBadJohn!

Welcome to the board! I'm Canadian, but recently lived in London for 4 years while working on my degree (I have a PhD in Old English, for all the good it does me!). I wasn't low carbing then, but I know what you can buy at Tesco's....! And love that Marks and Sparks!

I doubt very much that you can buy low carb products such as pastas, potato substitutes, etc., anywhere outside the US; we can't even get them in Canada. But you don't need the 'products' to have a varied and delicious low-carb diet. All you need is meat, chicken, fish, eggs, cheese, low-starch veggies, nuts, spices, and maybe a few products you can pick up at the local health food shop, such as soy flour. If you like cooking, check out the recipies available on this site under 'recipies' and 'Karen' above; also check out the "food ideas" section on this forum.

Hope to be hearing more from you! How's life across the pond?

Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 07:03

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%
Talking

Welcome aboard Jon,

I too am Canadain but lived in England many moons ago...Old Woking, Surrey...sure loved it.

Like Rachel says, if you enjoy cooking or for that matter can cook, just get into the recepies. The Atkins.com have lots of them too...Great book to pick up that I enjoy is the " The Carbohydrate Addict's Cookbook" I get alot from this cookbook.

Wendy

Looking forward to your postings.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 12:59

BF:

heeeccckkk why buy books when you can get all those fantastic recipes online..ROFLMAO.. My husband is soooo thankful for the internet because we literally have no more room for cookbooks..lol
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 13:37

Stats: 278/235/196 Male 70 inches
BF:
Default Tks to you all

Hi again

Thanks for all the advice, it's not that bad is it, eating loads of meat and fish etc

Today I felt a lot better, and seemed to be feeling normal again (in fact I have a very demanding Office Job, that I need to be able to sustain energy for quite long periods of time - at the end of work today - I still felt fairly fresh???)

doreen T - Tks for the links, I will be buying some soya pasta - does it taste any different??

Life in the UK is great, but it's not so good for the Farmers with Foot & Mouth - maybe the feed suppliers will get their houses in order - it's such a shame :-(

I live in Sheffield, which was in a film called "The Full Monty" a few years ago - it is an old steel city, but has now been rebuilt and is pretty cool these days

Got my doctor Atkins book today, just checking my Email, and then going to read some more - Great Motivation...............I can taste the bad breath!!!!

speak to you soon,

Lots of luv,

BBJ
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 13:53

BF:

Jo,

I bought the book as I found lots on the web here but also enjoyed viewing the book while out...so why not buy it and have more!

Wendy

I will always find room for more books

I saw the full monty movie...good movie

Last edited by numberonewendy : Wed, Apr-11-01 at 14:07.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 19:08

BF:

Because if I buy one more book I would have to move my hubby out.. ROFLMAO
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 19:13

BF:

That might not be such a bad idea..what with the way I'm feeling about my hubby these last few days....hehehee...Oh I'm bad!

Wendy (pmsing.....yuck)
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 19:22

BF:

You are such a baaaadddd girl.. teehee..I like you..LOL