Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Plan comparison
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 10:30

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default has anyone ever tried this Eskimo diet

i was just wondering if anyone has ever gone on a meat only diet and what sucess they have had with it???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 10:33

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been eating a high fat/moderate protein (50-60g/day)/low carb (30-35g/day) for a while now..actually its been seven months now, and I feel wonderful and never have headaches, stomach growling, and my health has improved greatly.

I recently discovered the benefit of goat milk; it's very similar to human breast milk, moreso than cow milk, and unpasteurized is the best, but for myself, I can't seem to get ahold of any unpasteurized goat milk..only the ultra pasteurized, organic, kind from Walmart..which will have to do until I can get my own milk goats. lol.

Here's a nutrition chart comparing goat and cow milk to human breast milk:

http://www.fiascofarm.com/dairy/goatmilk-breakdown.html

And as for my current diet, I'm going to make goat milk and ground chuck/fatty beef my staples of my diet even more. As you can see on the nutritional chart for goat milk, goat milk only has 11g carbohydrates/sugar in it per 1 cup(all in the form of lactose, a disaccharide), and from my experience, drinking two cups a day in addition to a small orange keeps me from going below 30g carbs per day, thus keeping me from burning ketones for my carbs. So..I'm going to try to drink 3 cups (one per meal) of goat milk per day with my fresh (cooked) beef and occasionally fish. In addition, I've been taking cod fish liver oil, and this helps I think because I don't get outside to get my vitamin D during the cold winter months. Also, I'm using this full spectrum light, which also keeps me happy during the dark months of winter!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 17:23

Plan: animal diet
Stats: 217/211/170 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress:

I am on an all-animal diet now for almost a month. I feel terrific! My skin has cleared up and I'm losing pounds.

I was wondering about this ever since reading "Good Calories Bad Calories". I followed up by reading some other things about traditional meat diets. Then I discovered "The Bear's" writings about the subject. Fascinating stuff. I decided that I generally agreed with the principle and decided to try it.

It has not been easy ... I have to think ahead while I'm out and about so as not to slip up. Not being hungry all the time definitely helps - yesterday I bought lunch, took it back to my office, and plain forgot to eat it.

I'm trying for 80% fat 20% protein but it's just a guestimate since I'm not strictly counting these things.

I urge anyone that has been thinking about this to give it a try. I really don't get tired of eating beef, chicken and eggs - in fact, now I enjoy the subtle differences between different cuts of meat, etc. Every so often I have something different (although always from animal sources - a little cheese, or some liver for example).
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 21:09

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

thanks for the reponeses