Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 18:48

Plan: induction
Stats: 349/330/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I blew it with a whole can of cashews. I could not stop. They were sweet, salty and a little greasy. I'm trying to keep my head up and plan to return to induction tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 10:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I eat whole cans of cashews pretty regularly. Not every day, but certainly as often as once a month. And I don't consider it a problem. I've never gained any weight from cashews. They're still relatively low carb -- though not induction. (I don't eat meat, so my low-carb options are basically eggs, tofu, cheese, and vegetables. Sometimes I'm dying for something crunchy and often nuts are the only available option. It hasn't hurt me.)

Don't beat yourself up. It's not like you went and had a baguette or something.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 18:14

Plan: 20 carbs per day
Stats: 152/?/125 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress:

I am so relieved to find this sight and to read all these honest postings... my husband brought home ((((Crispy cream donuts)))) the other night, and i am proud to admitt i only opened the box and stared at them twice...well maybe three times! LOLOL i have bought the atkins morning start bars, and the butter pecan atkins ice cream cups to help my sweet tooth in the evening. The bars are only 2 carbs per bar, and the little ice cream cups are 4 carbs. i try to stay at 20 carbs per day, some times i go alittle over (22 Carbs) or so, and i am learning to be more creative putting together meals such as a burritto consisting of ground beef, a very small amount of taco seasoning, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, wrapped up in a low carb whole wheat tortila, i figure one of these is about 8 carbs, than i eat the left over meat cheese and veggies that equals up to prob. 3 more carbs in a bowl as a taco salad. Sardines are good for me when i run out of the carb per day count and i am still hungry, they are filling and no carbs!
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 01:46

Stats: 162/162/115 Female 5'7''
BF:Its very high!
Progress: 0%

Well, I would not call it a cheat but more like a mistake. I accidently bought the Atkins delux pancake and waffle mix and you cant have that during indction. How about I had them bad boys three days in a row!! Well, Im done beating myself up about it. Like the song says dust yourself off and try again! GOD Bless All and happy low carbing!!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 19:23

Plan: Atkins - Low-Cal
Stats: 145/128/120 Male 67 inches
BF:10%/5%/2%
Progress: 68%

I cheated today. I 'cheat' every 9 to 12 days usually. I don't really consider it cheating although most do. I just need to eat some regular foods every so many days or i'll just go absolutely nuts. I already weigh 130 pounds. I ate some cookies and ice cream tonight. About 9 to 12 cookies (small ones from last x-mas) and a cup and a half or so of some light ice cream. The reason I don't consider it cheating is because I control myself when I do eat some of those carb loaded foods. Sometimes I feel bad afterwards, right now I am worried i'll wake up tomorrow morning and weigh more. I followed my 20g of carbs or under the whole day and ate healthy, so I guess I shouldn't have a problem. I used to crash, but now that I allow myself to eat some of these 'junkie' foods and think about it before/during/after eating them I feel somewhat better, just knowing I have it under control. Just thought i'd post that. Back to the strict tomorrow though.

Happy LC'ing !
  #66   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:26
Registered Member

Stats: 144/141/126 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Carb up, Carb down

is pretty much what I do. Induction nearly sent me mad and I really didn't think I could keep up LCing for a long time. Then a friend gave me her secret - she's strict induction in the week and eats what she likes the weekend. So I followed that course of action and went from 161lbs to 133lbs in 2 months.

I find it very comfortable doing it that way. Not that I pig out on carbs the weekend, but if I fancy mashed potato, or chips, or pasta or pizza I'll have it. Although Ihave to admit pizza made me sick as a dog - I just couldn't digest it. Also, if I have a craving in the week for something I'll have it and do induction Saturday. So really, it's 2 days off and 5 days on and it works for me. I don't feel so much like I;m missing out on stuff and I find it easier to be strict in the week, knowing I can have lasagne the weekend. I've found I don't get cravings and neither do I suffer from carb withdrawal in the week so that's pretty cool!

I hit a plateau at 133 but I've found by introducing more carbs I seem to be losing weight again and went down to 129 in 2 days.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 01:36
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majjic
is pretty much what I do. Induction nearly sent me mad and I really didn't think I could keep up LCing for a long time. Then a friend gave me her secret - she's strict induction in the week and eats what she likes the weekend. So I followed that course of action and went from 161lbs to 133lbs in 2 months.

I find it very comfortable doing it that way. Not that I pig out on carbs the weekend, but if I fancy mashed potato, or chips, or pasta or pizza I'll have it. Although Ihave to admit pizza made me sick as a dog - I just couldn't digest it. Also, if I have a craving in the week for something I'll have it and do induction Saturday. So really, it's 2 days off and 5 days on and it works for me. I don't feel so much like I;m missing out on stuff and I find it easier to be strict in the week, knowing I can have lasagne the weekend. I've found I don't get cravings and neither do I suffer from carb withdrawal in the week so that's pretty cool!

I hit a plateau at 133 but I've found by introducing more carbs I seem to be losing weight again and went down to 129 in 2 days.

Weirdly enough, this can actually HELP sustain your fat loss, because, as I understand it, the "refeeds" help reset your leptin. Leptin drops when your body feels like it's being starved, and downregulates your thyroid. By having these little "carbups", you may actually be making sure your thyroid doesn't slow down. This is basically what you do for CKD if you are a weightlifter - there's a CKD thread in the exercise forum.

Furthermore, it's WORKING for you, and where I come from, if it ain't broke, you don't fix it!

Last edited by Built : Sun, May-09-04 at 02:11.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 21:44

Plan: Atkins + carbs.
Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Unhappy Bad weekend

My parents were visiting this weekend and we ate out for almost every meal.I tried to stick with salads, and most of the time I did ok, but my mom brought ALL this food and left it with me - chips, gummi bears, pie....geez!

I noticed that in the summer I don't always feel like eating as much meat, so I've been indulging way too much on low carb ice cream for dinner! Guess I need to explore new recipes so I have something to eat without feeling like I need to cook every night.

I've been doing ok with staying away from breads, crackers and sugar, but I have been indulging in the low carb sweets. I did Atkins about four years ago when none of this stuff was available - it's SO much easier now! But, I know I have to be more selective and have way more willpower.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 21:53

Plan: Atkins + carbs.
Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5'2"
BF:

I really like this idea!
I seem to have this mental block about feeling as though I'm doomed to eat the same thing forever. This past weekend, I did have some pizza and more carbs than last week, and they left me feeling so big and bloated. You really notice the difference!
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 20:40

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 260/240/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi...
I have been on the induction diet for 4 weeks. I lost 20 pounds in the first three weeks and then nothing the fourth week. I was taking in 20 carbs or less the entire time. It is that time of month and I went on a carb binge. I just couldn't stop myself. I have been eating carbs for about 5 days now. I've gained 5 lbs back and I am HUNGRY all the time. I was NEVER hungry on Atkins. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so dissappointed in myself. :-( Any advice???
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 22:32
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diabetic Solution, LOTS of exercise !!
Stats: 155/148/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Carb binge.. that time of the month

Hi, yup been there, just had to get a bigger Tshirt. I find the hormone swing thing is tough. I am an insulin diabetic and that only complicates things.

I have been experimenting with a supplement called Chromium GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor). I take the tablets (I think they are 50mcg each??) twice a day, morning and night. If you are diabetic be careful, I find they lower the need for insulin.

Anyway, my overall experience with Chromium GTF seems to help curb the carb cravings. Could just be wishful thinking but.... for me it does seem to help.

I am not a medically trained person. Please don't take my experience as gospel truth. It just seems to help me. Like anything else, our bodies are unique and don't always respond to what someone else's will.

I have seen other references on this website regarding this supplement. Try to check them out and make your decision carefully.

I did some research on it and it doesn't seem to be harmful, but..... Once again check it out for yourself.

Hang in there, as a female it is more complicated. Hormones play a great game with our fluctuating cycles.

Best of luck, Take care, AJ
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 14:01

Plan: undecided
Stats: 245/239.5/150 Female 5'3" or 5'4" not sure
BF:
Progress: 6%

OK I haven't been here in a while, and I was still l'cing ... religiously ... 4 months on Induction... and this past week I've just fallen down and I can't get up!!

I am/was still losing, I know because I am still hearing it from people that don't see me for a week or so... and the scale.

Buttttttt.... I can't stay away from the freakin sugar!!! I know why, in my head I know the deal.. its so true once you start, how HARD it is to stop again. The worst part is I feel SICK afterwards. I start off ok, all day, breakfast, lunch... then it hits me.. just one piece.. YEAH RIGHT. That never works. One this or that. So in no time, tell me my clothes will fit again be tight on me and I'm going to blow up like a balloon.

I'm so glad everyone posted here, I have 3 bottles of water on my desk and I'll be darned if I let this continue to take over me. I've lost 25 pounds and I REFUSE to go back the other way.

Do I start induction over or go back to just L'cing? I think induction would probably be safe right now..... its a horrible feeling this is.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Go back to induction - your body has turned back into a sugar burner - and keep your fats ass-high: go to www.fitday.com and enter your foods. Make sure your fats comprise a MINIMUM of 65% of calories.

You'll feel better within a few days.

Okay?
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 14:21

BF:
Default Thanks Built.

I"m glad someone is looking over my shoulder... past the the still-wide.
That was my first instinct, I don't know why I let it happen.

I guess you remember when we talked about the fats and water? It really did work for me.

I'll be back. I'm going to go look up some LC recipes. I hate getting "distracted" from my goals, and these days its been too easy.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 14:17

BF:
Default A thank you bump..

Yep. Back on induction level... its sooooo hard not to cheat for these last few days.. but I think I'll be over that hump by the end of today... I hope.

Thanks Built. Thanks to everyone who posts about their cheats, its easy to forget how bad they make you feel when you're already feeling good... as if a little here and there won't hurt. I think usually it wouldn't, but when it becomes and there, and there, and there...and a little over here too.... then you're back on fast track to sugarland.

I'd LIKE to stay in Onederland if I have anything to say about it.