Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2146   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 08:42

Plan: CAD Atkins CALP
Stats: 298/243/180 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 47%

Yesterday lunch: chicken wings.
Dinner weird pizzas with beets spinach tomatoes some sausage etc., a buffet for staff morale because of our offices moving. It was a work thing at a restaurant that I cannot stand. 2 bites of cheesecake and 3 bites of chocolate cake for dessert. If I hadn’t been starving from being on my feet working all day I would have skipped it and eaten later. I like vegetables and trying different combinations but this restaurant insists on putting lots of jalapeños in EVERYTHING! Ruins the flavors in my opinion. But the good news is since I stayed on plan—weight is 239.4 this morning!
What are others’ strategies in this situation? If I had eaten some protein before I went I could have just skipped all this food and eaten something I preferred later I guess. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2147   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 20:50

BF:

Lunch: Salami olives roasted asparagus tiny bit of swiss cheese tiny bit of cream cheese. Dinner: big salad with various lettuces mint cherry tomatoes carrots bean sprouts cucumbers with very light vinegarett. Rice and roast pork and veggie bowl. Veggie egg roll. Several bites of various pastries.
  #2148   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-18, 05:44

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyL
Yesterday lunch: chicken wings.
Dinner weird pizzas with beets spinach tomatoes some sausage etc., a buffet for staff morale because of our offices moving. It was a work thing at a restaurant that I cannot stand. 2 bites of cheesecake and 3 bites of chocolate cake for dessert. If I hadn’t been starving from being on my feet working all day I would have skipped it and eaten later. I like vegetables and trying different combinations but this restaurant insists on putting lots of jalapeños in EVERYTHING! Ruins the flavors in my opinion. But the good news is since I stayed on plan—weight is 239.4 this morning!
What are others’ strategies in this situation? If I had eaten some protein before I went I could have just skipped all this food and eaten something I preferred later I guess. Any suggestions?

If you know the menu offering ahead of time, you can choose to pick the best protein options, and limit the carbs, or...have a stash of emergency stuff at your office (tins tuna, smoked oysters, individual packets kraft mayo, to mix with the mayo, cm beef or turkey sticks - like nick's sticks off amazon, their non-flavored sticks are cm) and then skip all the food or just have your carb while there (if you can eat and get there and be done within your hour with just a slight delay for that travel time between work and the restaurant).
Sometimes, just say none of it tastes like I like, get a sparkling seltzer and don't eat at all. Enjoy the company and go home to a more satisfying meal
  #2149   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-18, 05:46

Life is getting...complicated and busy. Posting will be a bit hit or miss for me for upcoming weeks. I will do my best to be present whenever I can.

Wishing every one well.
  #2150   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-18, 11:50

BF:

Thanks Patricia,
The Smoked Oysters are a GREAT idea. I love those.
240.4 this am, I am sure from multiple desserts last night.
I am going to continue to post meals etc. here in an effort to keep myself accountable, and just appreciate anything anyone can add. Hopefully will not be TOO boring for people.
Hope you're not having problems Patricia.
Salami and olives for breakfast.
More later.
Marcy
  #2151   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-18, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyL
Thanks Patricia,
The Smoked Oysters are a GREAT idea. I love those.
240.4 this am, I am sure from multiple desserts last night.
I am going to continue to post meals etc. here in an effort to keep myself accountable, and just appreciate anything anyone can add. Hopefully will not be TOO boring for people.
Hope you're not having problems Patricia.
Salami and olives for breakfast.
More later.
Marcy

Glad to be of help. My mother is not well, so that is taking a lot more of my focus right now.

Posting foods logs sometimes gives others some good new ideas. I am a recipe gal, glad to share what I make or what I find, any time. I "collect" cm recipes, or those that I can adjust to be cm, and keep one binder full of just recipes to try
  #2152   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 11:12

BF:

242.2 again this morning. Gad. This is why I got discouraged last time. Up down up down. I think I need to get more serious about my CM. This morning I had low carb bread toasted with peanut butter as I was in a rush. Sick dog, had to work today, endless excuses. Will do better at lunch. Can only go forward.
Sorry about your mom Patricia.
  #2153   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 14:04

MarcyL, hope you feel better quickly, working, especially what you are doing, is not easy when feeling your best.

One thing to adjust - low carb bread is not cm. I make a breakfast casserole, or bar, on Sunday, that we then eat for the first 3 days of the week - just nuke and go. Many recipes on the net for breakfast "muffins", mini-frittatas which can be made ahead.
  #2154   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-18, 11:12

BF:

Well I was 240.2 this am, a miracle considering my misbehavior all weekend. Too much to enumerate. I need my head examined. Or hypnosis. Or something. Back at it today. Chicken wings and spinach for breakfast.
  #2155   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-18, 15:33

BF:

Wendy's burger (no bun) with cheese, lettuce, tomato, 1 tiny onion ring and a chicken breast for lunch. Staying Legal!!!
  #2156   ^
Old Tue, May-01-18, 06:32

Back from quick trip out of state. I am pretty happy with my weight considering two restaurant meals out for rm, each including stiff drink.

Down slightly on my 5 day average - nice to post a decrease.

I am moving from eating with a 12 hour window, to an 8 hour window (a 16/8 IF), as of today. Think this will complement CALP nicely.

I have no more time to be this weight. I really don't.

Breakfast today will be: 2 eggs over with a sautéed mushroom, 1 slice cheese melted atop, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch will be: 2 chicken supremo sausages (these are from wegman's and are cm), with canned no-salt added green beans.

rm will be: a celery and cucumber salad with a homemade vinaigrette, dble serving steamed cauliflower, 2 slices of bread with a large homemade (from plain ground pork) Italian sausage patty, 1/4 cup my homemade marinara sauce. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.
Actual rm was single serving of steamed cauliflower, a celery cucumber salad with bit of shaved hard provolone, celery and mini cucumber, splish of red wine vinegar and evoo. I baked some boneless, skinless chicken thighs with a favorite Italian herb blend, had that as a sandwich with the scant amt of marinara, between two slices bread. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.
Eating will be from 9 to 5.

Last edited by patriciakr : Tue, May-01-18 at 17:35.
  #2157   ^
Old Tue, May-01-18, 10:55

BF:

241 today. Had pizza with LOTS of veggies last night, corn and some home made chocolates from one of my patients,as well as a handful of carmel corn—same source. Crab for breakfast with a little butter. Looking to see if artichokes are legal, if yes I will eat one of those.
Your menu sounds declicious Patricia, when’s dinner?
  #2158   ^
Old Tue, May-01-18, 15:49

LOl, thank you, it was over about 45 minutes ago

Sadly artichokes are rm only, but asparagus is cm! (not the same I know but can be so delicious).
  #2159   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 03:53

Today is day 4 of narrowing my eating window, saw a new low from when I began weighing again in mid march. I began (again) in January but didn't want to weigh at that time - simply went by how my clothes were fitting.

So glad to see a 284.4 this morning. Now, to see the 283s!

breakfast this am will be: 1 egg over easy, a cm Italian sausage patty, a sautéed mushroom or small stalk of celery. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee. changed this to 1/4 of a sautéed green bell pepper.

lunch cm will be: 2 cm chicken sausages, a serving of spinach.

rm will be 1/2 poblano, either baby bok choy or summer squash, cm homebrined and smoked turkey breast, a toaster size naan bread. Probably dollop mayo with the turkey breast, spiced up with ?

Pushing water again today (did great yesterday).

Last edited by patriciakr : Thu, May-03-18 at 08:39.
  #2160   ^
Old Sat, May-05-18, 04:58

Friday saw me at 283.6 - so under 5 pounds from where I was last November at a doctor's apt. I am almost done losing the results of my very bad behavior over Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Today is 283.0 - my guess is that the structure of the 16/8 IF is really helping me as I am no longer snacking on cm cheese I am down 3.5 pounds since Monday. Yes, I do think this is water weight but this is what happens, my lymphedema resolves.

I still remember with pride how happy my lymphedema therapist was for me as at the end of having lost all the weight, the lymphedema was about 98% resolved and she was talking about me being able to move out of lymphedema garments to a lighter support knee high, something more "normal" in appearance I know I can get there again. Beginning to believe it.

Yesterday ended up making my first meal my rm, as I was at the hospital which only has a small self serve café. They had NO real eggs on the hot buffet - just egg white rounds, which I chose two of, and in a moment of piggyness 3 small sausage rounds. Then I had a moment (but couldn't put back the hot stuff) when I saw they had their salad bar up with hard boiled eggs. So...small salad of fresh spinach, some shredded cheese, an egg, tiny bit of diced tomato...but no appropriate salad dressings (I mean really, the "fat-free" dressing had high fructose corn syrup as like the second ingredient)...ended up choosing the ranch where sugar in any form was NOT in first 5 ingredients. At that point, said okay this is my rm, and chose a bakery item at the counter as the rest of my carbs (buttermilk in the ranch was the other carb item).

Made this an early brunch (yes, a 9 am brunch) and didn't eat again until a cm dinner of cm turkey breast and some plain chuck roast, spinach, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

Today we have a lot to do, so I get some exercise! yes!