Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 03:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 109/93/75 Female 165 cm
BF:36.3/33.1/20
Progress: 47%
Default Looking for NZers

hi ladies and gents

Just wanted to know how many New Zealanders there are around, Im usually lurking around somewere, and I dont often see NZers, so throught I should get the nerve and ask, ohhh well while Im here, are the any low carbing breastfeeding mums here.

regards Bambi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 04:03
Registered Member

Stats: 264.5/161/154
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi Bambi

I'm way down south in Invercargill, and have been lowcarbing for just over a year.

Tara
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 07:09

Stats: 278/252/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Bambi

Another Kiwi here. I just started the Atkins plan 8 days ago and the weight is falling off, 5.5 kilos so far! Not bad for someone who can never ever lose weight! I was really sceptical but decided to buy the book and it made sense. I feel really good cutting the carbohydrates out of my diet, I haven't craved any carbs at all and my appetite has diminished.

Anyway, I guess there are a few of us and sites like this that let people share their success stories are a real inspiration.

Cheers
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 02:32
Registered Member

Hello tara_nz, pleased to meet you, I visited down there about 6 years ago and loved it, my sister and brother in law just moved down to Gore in June, yep you guessed it Dairy Farmers, and they seem to be loving it to, however they tell me they could do with out the (I cant think of the name for it at the moment) icey rain,

Anyway you seem to be doing well the the low carbing,

Gidday Hunney, Your a success story about to happen I can just feel it, 5.5 kilos, thats got to be hitting a record, wish I could lose that quickly.

Where in NZ are you Hunney, Im Whangarei, North Island
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 22:13

Stats: 278/252/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Bambi

Well "surprise!!" I'm from Whangarei too! ... and its now 11 days and 7 kilos. I wish somebody had told me about this years ago!

I know it will slow down soon and I've now had my first sweet craving but found some weightwatchers carb free jelly at Woolworths. I know its not splenda but I'd rather have some other sweetening agent than nothing at all! My fiance and I have also signed up at World Gym so that should help too.

How long have you been on the low carb diet and how are you finding it?

I'm getting married in two months so I guess that gives me a little extra push to work really hard at it for those two months. I do intend to see it through to the end though and hopefully even make it a way of life. I feel great. I was tired the first few days but am feeling far more energetic now. Would love to know about your ups and downs with it.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 02:27
Registered Member

INVITE ME AROUND FOR DINNER lol

thats so neat that your from Whangarei, Im actually live at Tangiteroria, my husband and I sharemilking here at the moment, ohh we have a weigh in night here on Wedensday nights, your more than welcome to come.

Ive been on and off this way of eating for well over a year, I was doing really well at it and then fell Pregnant, off course the baby is now 7 months old, and Im still haveing problems staying on the wagon, I have for the third time just given up smoking, and the weight went up 2 kilos so Im back on intduction (yes my spelling has a lot to be desired).

Did I say I was sooo pleased that your from Whangarei, that just blows me away.

I look forward to hearing from you, Regards Bambi
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 17:53

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Bambi,

Another NZer here I've been going for exactly one year today, and have lost 60lbs (27 kgs) so far...this is the best WOE ever....hopefully I'll never return to those bad ole days of carbing!

Great that you have located another Whangarei buddy

Lesley
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 20:16
Registered Member

ahhhh lesleyc, its success storys that yours that keep me going,

Just this afternoon I was lying down with my son feeding him and what do you know I fell asleep, needless to say I woke up grumpy and needing something sweet, I pulled a piece of chicken out and ate that, now at the time, as nice as that chicken was it wasent as good as bread, but i hung in there with my water and now I feel like a million dollars.

yep Im feeling really smart.

Regards Bambi

ps my middle name is lesley, named after my grandfather.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:46

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Bambi,
Im another NZer.
Like you I live on a farm although a sheep and cattle one on the Kaipara harbour .
Nice to meet you
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 00:33
Registered Member

Plan: Kenton
Stats: 373.5/336.9/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi Bambi

Another New Zealander here .... resident of the city to first see the sun every day.

Sunny Gisborne

Seer
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 02:50
Registered Member

Well hello Bloom, It would seem that you have been around here for a while, you have a heap of posts. Anyway its nice to meet you.

Seer, gidday, how are you. I look forward to getting to know you.

Regards Bambi
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 03:24

Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

Another Kiwi here. I have slipped off this way of eating for a few months but am now back on the wagon. It isn't that it is hard to keep to low carb. It is easy when the right food is available but the right sort of food is never around, other than at home. Always there are pizzas, pies and sandwiches on offer when I go to meetings etc. So when I am working away from home it is almost impossible to find low carb foods. How do you manage this?
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 15:05

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hey EBEE look at us we have very similar stats
Ive been having a wild fling with the sugar bowl over the last couple of months but i am back on the straight and narrow now too I feel soooo much better when i strictly LCed. Doing it 100% makes it easy and thats what ive comminted to from here on in.
BAMBI yes Ive been here a year, havnt been posting much lately, been down over my 'slips ups' and consequent weight gain but 'Im back' like I said already

IM BACK
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 18:29
Registered Member

Stats: 158.2/136/121.8
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Cripes - didn't know where to post this!

Hi, I'm Lynne from Western Southland.
I was on a "typical" diet last year (losing weight ok, but feeling hungry and deprived all the time)and one Friday I sat in on an auction in Invercargill (they had some rope there I wanted!)
Anyhow, the very START of the auction was being held up a bit 'cos the auctioneer was trying to get a bid on this video/cassette/book set about dieting - as I was in a hurry, I bought it to get things moving, took it home and forgot about it for a week or two.
Dug it out again one day when tidying and started reading - it was the Dr Eades Protein Power Set - charts, tape measure, the works!
Started doing it and was quickly hooked (not so hungry!) got down to my ideal weight quite quickly, too. Then, for some reason (restricting my calories too much still,I guess) I reverted back to eating carbs and put it all back on again while cooking for the shearing gangs!(we run a contracting business - so much temptation in your face all the time when you're the cook)
Anyhow, decided 20th August 2002 to stop being such a twerp and got back into it again - my main motivation being a three year old horse I bred is due to be broken in and I won't allow myself to start the job 'till I've lost these extra pounds - this time doing Atkins - the weight is coming off again and I feel good.
Atkins is better for me 'cos it's easier for me to totally restrict all carbs (total of 5-10 gms a day or so at the moment), as opposed to allow 60gms a day as on the Protein Power regimen - I still used to get sweet cravings having that many - not having any with Atkins yet.
Look forward to hearing from any kiwis who have a nutritional breakdown for mutton birds and whitebait!
Cheers
Lynne
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 18:46

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

LOL Hi Lynne. Sorry I can't help with the mutton birds or whitebait...but my guess is that both would have virtually no carbs

Great to see more kiwis coming out of the woodwrk.

Good luck with Atkins
Lesley