Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 23:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/262/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Ok, This is it!!

Hi everyone & congrats to all of you that have kicked the habit! Getting ready to go to bed and when I get up in the am...no more smokes for me. I have to do this. I am soooo tired of these things controling almost everything I do....jeez, seems like my car won't even start unless I have a cigarette!! The habits are the same for me as everyone else, driving, on the phone, after meals,first thing when I get up, last thing before bed. It's just gross! I am doing this cold turkey as I feel it's the only way I can do it, don't wanna prolong it with NRT. I'm just soooo afraid of failing, even as bad as I want it and am ready. Say a prayer for me, k? Thanks alot!!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Dena
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 15:49

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hey, Dena!

Congrats on making the decision to quit!
Check back often and let us know how you're doing!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 16:58

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Hey Dena,
I wish you the best of luck. I'm trying the same thing. I HAVE to quit by Thursday. I've scheduled my tummy tuck and Dr said no cigarettes 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. I want the tummy tuck so there goes the cigarettes. Hang in there. We can do this.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 17:58

BF:

Camaromom, if you can make it 4 weeks without Nicotine, you can make it the rest of your life (that, and your skin will really thank you for getting rid of the nicotine!).
Sounds like you found your motivation.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 20:02
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat

Congrats on your decision to quit!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 21:27
Registered Member

BF:

Thank You! I'm done......This was definately an answered prayer. I had tried so many times but found it impossible as I am one of those weird people who 'liked' to smoke. This time I guess I wanted to quit bad enough, it was far too easy...I don't get it??? Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Dena

CamaroMom......wow! congrats on the tummy tuck! I agree with Lisa, if u can go that long....give it up! We're pullin 4 ya! Best of luck!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 06:16

Help! I'm struggling. I guess the motivational factor isn't helping too much. I bummed two cigs yesterday and I think I'm going crazy so far today. My poor kids.

I didn't even stop at the gas station this morning to get my usual diet coke b/c I was afraid I'd break down.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 10:37
Registered Member

BF:

Oh Girl! I know the feeling......I screwed up this morning myself, physical therapy for my back almost killed me, or so I thought...pain, pain, pain!! Anyway, as soon as I got home, I smoked. Only able to take a drag or two before feeling lightheaded and blah....but still, i thought I needed it. My husband still smokes so they're always here if I need one before committing a homicide!!! LOL . The first few days seemed far too easy, but the longer I go without one, the more I want one??? Isn't that backwards?? Smelling them doesn't help either, although he smokes outside but just being out & about smelling everyone else's makes me want one........Just try to stay strong and find something to keep busy. It's very hard but we CAN do this!!

Best of luck,

Dena
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 14:03

I never crave things like chips, brownies, potatoes, or bread, but let me tell you right now I could eat a whole bag of chips, an entire pan of brownies, and a whole loaf of bread. Maybe I should just cancel my surgery, because I'm not sure that I want to have it if I gain 20 pounds between now and the 26th.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 07:06

Chozen, how is it going for you today?
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 07:51

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

Barb
Rant all you want. I am glad that I was not stepping over my bounds. That is what I was afraid of.
Hang in there girl, you can get past the bad days and do this. Just keep posting when it gets hard we will support and help you.
Yes, Chozen how are you coming along with this. I hope that you are doing OK.
I congratulate you both!
Brenda
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 07:52
Registered Member

Plan: M/E
Stats: 206/168/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Good luck to you in your effort to quit, I have friends struggling with this right now. On a side note my dad had a heart attack followed by open heart surgery in Janurary this year. He was a smoker for 47 years prior to that. He says the thought of waking up after surgery with on a ventilator and tubes coming out of every orifice of his body made him never want a cigarette again. I hope he sticks to it because he is feeling much better and he feels for him it was more of a habit that a physical addiction. I have an addiction myself that I am trying to work on so I know how hard it is and want to tell you I am thinking of you and hope all goes well. I want a tummy tuck and a boob job when I lose my weight so if you have yours please stop by to let me know how you are doing.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 15:28

Chozen, I hope that you are hanging in there!!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 18:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromom
Chozen, I hope that you are hanging in there!!

I hope you both are. Are you feeling better today, Barb, or are you gaining a new understanding for why some species eat their young?
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 19:21

Well. . . I did great until DH took DS and went to pick up DD's from confirmation class at church. I had to find a butt! Man I felt much better after that. I'm so pathetic, but much less agitated. Otherwise I hadn't smoked a thing since Friday about 4pm. Still not a total stoppage, but much better than a pack a day.