Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 06:07

Plan: dr atkins (i didn't know any other existed)
Stats: 224/210/144
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default bloated stomach

please can somebody help or advise me. i am 59yrs and weigh 95kg. i have been on atkins diet for 4 weeks being in moderate ketosis for most of that time.
i have only lost about 2kg and my gut which is my worst feature anyway, is more bloated,or bigger than before. also i just could not get higher than moderate on the ketostix
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 19:50

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

can you post a typical day's menu, including any snacks, such as protein powders, keto bars etc? it's a bit hard to say what might be happening without that info.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 20:38

Plan: dr atkins (i didn't know any other existed)
Stats: 224/210/144
BF:
Progress: 18%

i don't snack. i have eggs for breakfast salad and meat for lunch and dinner meat and veges such as cauliflower or chinese greens. 2ltrs water. 1 cup tea 1cup decaf coffee i am not constipated.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 22:42

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi meowishy,
are you taking any medications at all? it's hard to say because your menu looks very simple, and assuming you aren't having too much cheese, any milk, salad dressings/mayos with hidden sugars, it looks fine (although you could eat a little more if you wanted too!) are you feeling good? no stomach complaints, grumbles or pains? the fact that you are showing ketomes on the stick is fine, don't worry about trying to get high, as some people can't, and some people don't even show trace and still lose weight. i am a bit puzzled about you losing only 2kgs though. are you doing atkins? induction? how many carbs are you eating per day? sorry for all the questions!